DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 177
2 members and 175 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Army boots
Unread
  (#1)
idiot

Army boots - June 22, 2009, 02:16 PM

Anyone know of a place other than Ranger Surplus that carries a decent selection of army boots?

Greg
09 Honda CBR1000RR
02 Honda VFR800
(sold)
07 Kawi ZX-6R (sold)
08 Honda CBR600RR (wrecked)
05 Kawi 636 (sold)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Elite Racing

June 22, 2009, 02:18 PM

Check some online sites unless you need to try them on first.

Ranger surplus is probably the best/only place locally to pick some up, unless you have a military hookup that can get some from a PX.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#3)
idiot

June 22, 2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle228 View Post
Check some online sites unless you need to try them on first.

Ranger surplus is probably the best/only place locally to pick some up, unless you have a military hookup that can get some from a PX.
I've got a military ID dependent card from my dad who was in the Navy but it's expired. I'm in Army ROTC and I go to camp in 3 days. Ranger Joe's fucked me and I was supposed to have some nice boots a couple weeks ago. Tried to get UPS to fix what happened and was supposed to get the boots today but then UPS fucked up.

I could possibly try to get my dad to take me to a PX. I'm not familiar with any bases in the area with PX's, do you know of any?

Greg
09 Honda CBR1000RR
02 Honda VFR800
(sold)
07 Kawi ZX-6R (sold)
05 Kawi 636 (sold)
Unread
  (#4)
Elite Racing

June 22, 2009, 02:38 PM

Another option would be to hit an Oakley store. Oakley's got some GREAT tactical boots that come in black and beige, but I think they run about $190. Not sure if there's any restrictions on what you can use.

I've used the Oakley tactical boots at Summit Point for cornerworking for 3 years. Not once have my feet ever got wet and they're confortable.

Link: SI Assault boots: http://oakley.com/footwear

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed

Last edited by Castle; June 22, 2009 at 02:41 PM..
Unread
  (#5)
opossum puncher

June 22, 2009, 02:45 PM

Call up full metal jacket in Alexandria, 888-893-7424 they are closed today but open tomorrow. http://fullmetaljacket.com/catalog/index.php

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#6)
Nothing here

June 22, 2009, 02:50 PM

http://www.uscav.com/
Unread
  (#7)
TEAM.SUKUZI

June 22, 2009, 02:50 PM

I have an extra brand new, never worn pair of Army issued boots(dessert), they're size 9 and an extra pair of Army issued tactical boots(tan) also size 9 in new condition.

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#8)
Snow Whore

June 22, 2009, 02:58 PM

whats your size dood. Im sure someone here has something for you.

As for local, FMJ moved I thought. You can hit up Guns&Ammo wharehouse in manassas as they sell 5.11 gear, also Duty Gear www.10-8dutygear.com sells a range of boots in Franconia, and Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn sells some stuff too. GL

Last edited by dblrr900; June 22, 2009 at 03:00 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dblrr900  
Unread
  (#9)
Olde Pfart (tm)

June 22, 2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonballGB View Post
I've got a military ID dependent card from my dad who was in the Navy but it's expired. I'm in Army ROTC and I go to camp in 3 days. Ranger Joe's fucked me and I was supposed to have some nice boots a couple weeks ago. Tried to get UPS to fix what happened and was supposed to get the boots today but then UPS fucked up.

I could possibly try to get my dad to take me to a PX. I'm not familiar with any bases in the area with PX's, do you know of any?
Didn't you get issued your own ID card being in ROTC and having to go to camp in 3 days? Do you have a copy of your orders?

With either or both of those, you should be able to go to Ft. Myer clothing sales. If you just have the orders, bring your state-issued driver's license.

You could also try US Cavalry (www.uscav.com).

"They who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- B. Franklin

Every politician should serve two terms... one in office followed immediately by an equal or longer-length one in jail... except in New Jersey where jail time is a pre-requisite to holding office.

Donkeys and Elephants belong in a zoo, not Congress.

#include <wit.h>
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Darth Piper  
Unread
  (#10)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
June 22, 2009, 03:07 PM

Go to either Bolling AFB, Andrews AFB or Ft. Belvoir. Pending where you live...

As for the Oakley boots, you cant wear them, unless they are over 8 inches high on the sides. Anything less is against regs.

LA POLICE GEAR is a great place for stuff online, and they are always having deals.

But if you need quick gear go to the above mentioned places.....Oh and someone said FULL METAL JACKET, in Alexandria, GOOD PLACE.

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#11)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

June 22, 2009, 03:17 PM

I work at the National Guard Bureau, 5 minutes from Ft. Myer. I can meet you during the day and get you into the clothing sales. No problem at all.. shoot me a PM if you're interested.

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
Unread
  (#12)
idiot

June 22, 2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle228 View Post
Another option would be to hit an Oakley store. Oakley's got some GREAT tactical boots that come in black and beige, but I think they run about $190. Not sure if there's any restrictions on what you can use.

I've used the Oakley tactical boots at Summit Point for cornerworking for 3 years. Not once have my feet ever got wet and they're confortable.

Link: SI Assault boots: http://oakley.com/footwear
Good idea, I just called the Oakley store in Tysons and they have some in stock so I'll be swinging by there tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post
Call up full metal jacket in Alexandria, 888-893-7424 they are closed today but open tomorrow. http://fullmetaljacket.com/catalog/index.php
I checked out their site and the boots they have aren't really what I'm looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali View Post
Don't have enough time to ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblizzxdc View Post
I have an extra brand new, never worn pair of Army issued boots(dessert), they're size 9 and an extra pair of Army issued tactical boots(tan) also size 9 in new condition.
I'm around a 10.5-11 but thank you for the offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Piper View Post
Didn't you get issued your own ID card being in ROTC and having to go to camp in 3 days? Do you have a copy of your orders?

With either or both of those, you should be able to go to Ft. Myer clothing sales. If you just have the orders, bring your state-issued driver's license.

You could also try US Cavalry (www.uscav.com).
Never got issued my ID card. I asked my MSG months ago about whether or not I need an ID card and he said I don't need one until I commission next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpD View Post
Go to either Bolling AFB, Andrews AFB or Ft. Belvoir. Pending where you live...

As for the Oakley boots, you cant wear them, unless they are over 8 inches high on the sides. Anything less is against regs.

LA POLICE GEAR is a great place for stuff online, and they are always having deals.

But if you need quick gear go to the above mentioned places.....Oh and someone said FULL METAL JACKET, in Alexandria, GOOD PLACE.
Oakley's are fine to wear AFAIK. Bunch of the cadets and cadre wear them in my battalion.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Greg
09 Honda CBR1000RR
02 Honda VFR800
(sold)
07 Kawi ZX-6R (sold)
05 Kawi 636 (sold)
Unread
  (#13)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

June 22, 2009, 03:41 PM

For what it's worth, my advice would be to avoid these civilian'ized versions of army approved combat boots. I know that some of them "technically" they meet the standard, but most of the guys in the active component aren't wearing these things around for normal duty. Unless you're Shughart or Gordon, stick to the Corcoran's, Matterhorn, or other official issue brands.

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
Unread
  (#14)
TEAM.SUKUZI

June 22, 2009, 04:22 PM

Hmmm, since your just joining, they should provide you your boots at basics. You'll spend 2 days just sizing up and getting your stuff..

-Full time or part time?

sex addict