DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
1 members and 555 guests
BigDaddyShoo
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Arnold Schwarzenegger Signs On For Terminator 5
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Arnold Schwarzenegger Signs On For Terminator 5 - April 26, 2011, 09:23 PM

Can't leave it alone, huh.
Stallone in Rocky 7. Can't wait.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Arnol...tor-24397.html

Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Doing Terminator 5, Sequel From Fast Five Director

The years as California Governor may have moved Arnold Schwarzenegger closer to the middle, but thankfully, they have not squashed his will to destroy all in his path, especially now that Skynet is active. The action star will return to ruin lives as his most beloved character, The Terminator, in at least one but likely two films in the near future.

The move comes almost a year after Pacificor purchased the rights to the franchise for what seemed like an astounding figure of nearly thirty million. With Arnold back in play, that gamble no longer seems like such a foolhardy investment, and the company will make its pitch to Lionsgate, Universal and Sony later this afternoon. Deadline is speculating the Terminator package will sell for upwards of twenty-five to thirty million at minimum, but the ultimate price tag shouldn’t really affect the finished product. Anyone willing to shell out that kind of money will follow it up with at minimum a hundred and fifty million dollar investment to do this thing right. You don’t coax Arnold Schwarzenegger back into the game and then pinch pennies and go cheap. People will expect Terminator 5: He’s Back or whatever the hell it’s going to be called to be a balls to the wall orgasm of death, explosions and eye mutilation.

Beyond Arnold, the only other person officially on board in this package is Robert Cort as producer, but there’s been a ton of internet buzz over the last few weeks that Fast Five helmer Justin Lin would direct a sequel whether or not The Kindergarten Cop was involved or not. Expect that little rumor to be confirmed or disconfirmed as soon as a studio opens the bank and buys the rights.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

April 26, 2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Can't leave it alone, huh.
Stallone in Rocky 7. Can't wait.
Dude if they put on a mask and tights and played some comic book heroes, you and Von would be eating it up and posting 10 trailer threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

April 26, 2011, 09:56 PM

After the last two installments, I'm done with the Terminator franchise.

I'll never forget sitting in a movie theater in 1984, 12 yrs old, watching the most awesomest movie I had ever seen. No horrible sequels will ever taint that memory.
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

April 26, 2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Dude if they put on a mask and tights and played some comic book heroes, you and Von would be eating it up and posting 10 trailer threads...

Turkish:
"Mask and tights? Can they add a whip and ball gag too? If so, I'm definitely in. "

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
Eddie would go ...

April 26, 2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:

Turkish:
"Mask and tights? Can they add a whip and ball gag too? If so, I'm definitely in. "

CantGetCaught:
CantGetCaught: 2 dudes calling each other at 11 pm?
Heist: Will call in 2 minutes
Heist: ok, 2 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

April 26, 2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
CantGetCaught:
CantGetCaught: 2 dudes calling each other at 11 pm?
Heist: Will call in 2 minutes
Heist: ok, 2 minutes

Unread
  (#7)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 26, 2011, 11:33 PM

ha...
i was going to post this but wanted to wait for more solid info...

He's back! After numerous rumors and speculation, Arnold Schwarzenegger will return as The Terminator in a movie which will be directed by Fast Five helmer, Justin Lin...
After 2009's Terminator Salvation starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington recieved fairly mixed reviews, it looks like the powers that be are planning on returning the franchise to its former glory by bringing back Arold Schwarzenegger! Here is an excerpt of the report from Deadline which confirms that Arnie will indeed be returning in possibly his most iconic role.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is attached to star in a rights package that CAA is shopping today that will revive The Terminator, one of Hollywood's most iconic science fiction franchises. The agency is dropping the package on studios this afternoon. There is no screenwriter attached at this point, and Robert Cort is producing.

And it also looks like Fast Five director Justin Lin will indeed direct the movie as was previously rumoured.

Given the strong international grosses being racked up by Fast Five and the expectations for a strong domestic opening this Friday, Lin has a lot of heat.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#8)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 26, 2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:

true Dat

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

April 26, 2011, 11:45 PM

What I'm thinking is they probably do a CG young Terminator like they did all of the
'young' Jeff Bridges parts in Tron 2.
Somewhere along the line and age Terminator (Arnold now) comes in to do battle.

The only issue I'm having is all the time lines are starting to get mixed up and confusing.
This is what happens when you try to keep putting legs on a series that was only designed to be a movie or two.

Unread
  (#10)
Yo quiero Trackday!

April 27, 2011, 06:05 AM

WEAK, same goes for fast five!
Unread
  (#11)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
April 27, 2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
What I'm thinking is they probably do a CG young Terminator like they did all of the
'young' Jeff Bridges parts in Tron 2.
Somewhere along the line and age Terminator (Arnold now) comes in to do battle.

The only issue I'm having is all the time lines are starting to get mixed up and confusing.
This is what happens when you try to keep putting legs on a series that was only designed to be a movie or two.
That and Time Travel......I hate most time travel movies. Quit f'ing or at least come up with a good storyline. Otherwise, just blow some shit up in a cool way and call it a day.

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 27, 2011, 08:08 AM

I love time travel movies.. I am totaly facinated with paradox and anything that may change the course of human existence. The New star trek is a perfect example of time paradox based off Quantim Physics.

It makes me remember Schrodingers cat therory back in school.

Unread
  (#13)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
April 27, 2011, 08:18 AM

Hence my saying I hate Most time travel movies. When it is done right, ala Star Trek, then it is great. To many movies out there where they do not take anytime to make at least an attempt to have things make sense. So far the Terminator franchise has done a pretty good job with it.

I was more just bitching about bad time travel movies in general (Timecop, The One, The Time Machine).

Hell, even when they did the time travel thing in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban they at least made sure things made sense and that was achieved with a few well placed lines in the movie in the midst of the action. Great execution..... If your going to do it, do it well.

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#14)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 21, 2013, 02:32 PM

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson May Star In TERMINATOR 5; Will The Movie Be Set In The 1950s?

Actor and former WWE champion Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is apparently in talks to join the cast of Terminator 5. However, most interesting is the fact that it is believed that Arnold Schwarzenegger will play a human character in a movie which will see Skynet attempting to kill Sarah Connor's parents.

Annapurna Films hold the rights to the Terminator franchise and Paramount recently brokered a deal with them to distribute the long talked about fifth instalment of the franchise. It now appears as if we're finally getting some news about the project, as Examiner reports that the screenplay is being written specifically with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in mind to play the villainous 'Terminator' in the movie. This perhaps shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, especially as the wrestler and actor has helped to make franchises like Fast & Furious and G.I. Joe huge commercial hits. The site also reveals the following about the planned direction of Terminator 5.

Quote:
A source close to the project says one idea being considered for the film could throw fans of the Terminator franchise for a loop. According to the scenario outlined, T5 may be a prequel set in the days of Sarah Connor's parents, marking the first time terminators have been sent back in time to kill a character that existed before both John and Sarah Connor.

Incredibly, Schwarzenegger may not play the role of a machine in the next film, but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family. One theory is that Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s with antiquated weaponry by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness that was eventually sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination.
Well, I think it's fair to say that this actually sounds like a damn good premise for the movie and the thought of seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger facing off against Dwayne Johnson is a dream come true for most action movie fans. What do you guys think? Sound off with your thoughts below!

Unread
  (#15)
Railing!

June 21, 2013, 02:41 PM

It wold be really neat to see the rock play a badguy. Sounds awesome. I love terminator movies though.

2007 ZX-6R

Joshua