DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 551
5 members and 546 guests
davidcycle, fxc3700, Scot, Slider, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
ATT announces MMS for iphone on Sept 25th
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

ATT announces MMS for iphone on Sept 25th - September 3, 2009, 01:36 PM

For fucks sake.. Finally!!

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=1574

Quote:
An Update on iPhone MMS for our Mobility Customers

We know many of our iPhone customers are eager for an update on our rollout schedule for Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS). We’ve been working for the past several months to prepare our systems and network to ensure the best possible experience with MMS when it launches – and that launch date is: September 25 for iPhone 3G and 3GS customers. MMS will be enabled through a software update on that day.
We know that iPhone users will embrace MMS. The unique capabilities and high usage of the iPhone’s multimedia capabilities required us to work on our network MMS architecture to carry the expected record volumes of MMS traffic and ensure an excellent experience from Day One. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that end.
We’re riding the leading edge of smartphone growth that’s resulted in an explosion of traffic over the AT&T network. Wireless use on our network has grown an average of 350 percent year-over-year for the past two years, and is projected to continue at a rapid pace in 2009 and beyond. The volume of smartphone data traffic the AT&T network is handling is unmatched in the wireless industry. We want you to know that we’re working relentlessly to innovate and invest in our network to anticipate this growth in usage and to stay ahead of the anticipated growth in data demand, new devices and applications for years to come.
We thank you for your business and look forward to keeping you updated on our initiatives.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG

September 3, 2009, 01:37 PM

Thank "god"

2008 - Kawasaki ZX-6R
2007 - Suzuki GSX-R750 (Sold)
1999 - Yamaha R6 (Sold)

TPG

RIP Jeff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Jaxxx  
Unread
  (#3)
SUPERBITCHIN'

September 3, 2009, 01:37 PM

welcome to the 21st century!!

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#4)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

September 3, 2009, 01:38 PM

oh cool, now I wont have to do it by jailbreaking...

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

September 3, 2009, 01:40 PM

still nothing but "in the future" on tethering..

now commence all the jailbraking comments.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#6)
Site Owner

September 3, 2009, 01:45 PM

Don't understand why a software update is needed because you can use MMS just fine without it if you get socially engineer AT&T to enable your account for MMS....

they probably just want to get you to install a jailbreak/unlockproof version.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

September 3, 2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
still nothing but "in the future" on tethering..

now commence all the jailbraking comments.
I'm not jailbroken and I can tether just fine.

http://help.benm.at/help.php from the iphone. enjoy.

Katie #135.

Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

September 3, 2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Don't understand why a software update is needed because you can use MMS just fine without it if you get socially engineer AT&T to enable your account for MMS....

they probably just want to get you to install a jailbreak/unlockproof version.

Prob to update the comms to the ATT MMS server:

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

September 3, 2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
I'm not jailbroken and I can tether just fine.

http://help.benm.at/help.php from the iphone. enjoy.
link bounces here:

http://www.apfel-zubehoer.at/

Is this still where you have to call an ATT rep that you can convince to screw with your account?

no thanks!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#10)
Site Owner

September 3, 2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
link bounces here:

http://www.apfel-zubehoer.at/

Is this still where you have to call an ATT rep that you can convince to screw with your account?

no thanks!
Type it in exactly in safari ON your iphone. Note I said "on your iphone" in the original post.

No, you dont call ATT you download the carrier settings *FOR* att from the site, install it, and now you have internet tethering. Been using it for months now.

You are such a computer noobling.

Katie #135.

Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

September 3, 2009, 01:56 PM

oh... i thought that was another link to that crap i was reading where folks had to call ATT to change their settings..

so just hitting that link updates my phone automatic?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
Site Owner

September 3, 2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
oh... i thought that was another link to that crap i was reading where folks had to call ATT to change their settings..

so just hitting that link updates my phone automatic?
want me to do it for you?

Katie #135.

Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

September 3, 2009, 01:58 PM

Fuck you

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

September 3, 2009, 01:58 PM

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
Site Owner

September 3, 2009, 02:00 PM

No, no really. I'll come over to your house right now and get it working for you. Want me to cook some dinner for you too? Fold some clothes? Mow the lawn?

Katie #135.