DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
7 members and 501 guests
2blueyam, beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids, RRonin, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
attn dog owners
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Unhappy attn dog owners - June 29, 2006, 09:19 AM

some of you have seen me and gdogg talking about american bulldogs. I've had 1 for almost 2yrs and up till tue he had been an awsome dog. i was always a person who believed dogs that were raised good remained that way . im here to tell ya its not always the cse and im not bashing the brred either cause ive known people with em that had great dogs. tue night i looked at a bump on his head and when i stepped away he lunged at me and i yelled at him then he attacked me. in a matter of minutes he did a good number on me. i managed to keep him away from my face buthe destroyed my hands. 13 stitches in one and 16 in the other and 2 in my left pec .. ive had friends say in the past what they would do if a dog attacked them... well im here to tell you theyre WRONG. u cant do nothing believ me. with a 10 yr old boy in the house i had no choice to put the dog down promising to get my boy another dog...

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#2)
Que se jodan!!

June 29, 2006, 09:25 AM

Shit - sorry to hear that....putting a dog down is hard.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#3)
IrightI

June 29, 2006, 09:26 AM

Holy shit... worst story ever. Sorry to hear. I have two English Bulldogs that I love more than my family and have been thinking of PM'ing GsxrBulldog about adding an American Bulldog to the pack. I know they're big dogs but they also have a pretty good reputation with kids/family/masters. Damn.

06 R6 Raven
03 R6 Track
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
BOHICA

June 29, 2006, 09:26 AM

I'd do my usual, pick the situation apart questioning, but it doesn't sound like any insite would be useful. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go to those extremes with the dog. It is a shame we really never know what causes them to crack like that.

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#5)
Retired to most ...

June 29, 2006, 09:28 AM

First let me say I'm glad that you are ok and your boy was not hurt at all. Was your dog up to date on it's shots? Rabies vaccination? How old was the dog? I ask this last question because I've read a few articles where older dogs can develop a chemical imbalance and turn on owners and children they have been around their whole lives and it was not breed specific either.

Sorry for your loss and good luck with the next one.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

June 29, 2006, 09:32 AM

Sorry to hear that happen man and hope you get well with a quickness. Glad it wasn't any worse, and putting a dog down is crazy hard. Good luck with finding your next.

American Pit Bulls have gone through a lot of selected breeding and in-breeding to make them more agressive and less stable. Breeds like Eli and Spiderman are EXTREMELY vicious and have a tendancy to turn on their owners.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

June 29, 2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954

First let me say I'm glad that you are ok and your boy was not hurt at all. Was your dog up to date on it's shots? Rabies vaccination? How old was the dog? I ask this last question because I've read a few articles where older dogs can develop a chemical imbalance and turn on owners and children they have been around their whole lives and it was not breed specific either.

Sorry for your loss and good luck with the next one.

he was just getting ready to turn 2 so he wasnt to old. and yes he was up to date on shots. ive tried rationalizing why but have no real clue.

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#8)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

June 29, 2006, 09:39 AM

So sorry for your loss. It's a tough decision, but you have to take care of your family first. Good luck with your next dog.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

June 29, 2006, 09:47 AM

omg- that is awful to hear. Glad that you didn't have anymore damage from the bites It is extrememly tough to put a family pet down.
Sorry for your loss.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

June 29, 2006, 09:55 AM

sorry bro.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

June 29, 2006, 09:59 AM

Thats horrible. Hope your wounds heal quickly.

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Super Moderator

June 29, 2006, 10:01 AM

Awww I'm sorry Bill. That's a tough situation but I think you made the right call. The safety of your son was potentially at risk. Regardless I'm sure it was definitely a very hard thing to do. Good luck with your next dog though and take care of your wounds.

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#13)
In with the old

June 29, 2006, 10:10 AM

sorry to hear about that man! hope you heal fast, and although putting the dog down is hard it was the correct decision.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d12_sig_08.jpg

"i went to a goth bar last night...and wore turquois"
"i wish my grass was emo so it could cut itself..."

999 - Evil When I Do Handstands

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7165&q=PAPOOSE

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to d12welve  
Unread
  (#14)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 29, 2006, 10:10 AM

Wow. I'm sure the reality is just setting in. I couldn't imagine having my two-year old "puppy" turn on me. I'm really sorry that happened. I doubt you'll ever know what caused it or what went through the dog's head. At least he didn't attack your son. Or a stranger. You never would have believed they didn't provoke him. I think you made the right decision.

I also hope your son didn't see it. I'm sure you're already having an inkling of distrust in dogs, but that could really affect a kid. Good luck. And I'm really sorry you had to lose your dog.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Brainwash Your Face!

June 29, 2006, 10:16 AM

OMG Bill...this is terrible. I am sorry.

Wow...

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI