DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 307
1 members and 306 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Auto body shop recommendation (NoVA area)
Unread
  (#1)
Fiberglass repair & paint

Auto body shop recommendation (NoVA area) - November 6, 2013, 08:43 AM

2003 Chevy Silverado LT Quadrasteer

insurance adjuster just got done looking at my truck - said damage is borderline repaireable (other option would be getting an entire new door)

looking for a reputable body shop that will recommend the best course of action, not just throw some bondo and paint on the truck.

Will need chrome polishing (damage to step rail)
Will need trim removal and installation.
Will need paint/clear coating and blending on the entire driver's side rear passenger door (suicide doors) and rear quarter panel on the driver's side bed
Possibly need spot welds removed to see if the dent can be rolled.
If door has a support beam, and is dented, entire door will need replaced.

Thinking about stopping by the dealership and see what they say.

The other driver is footing the bill. (for my truck and the mini-van)

Damage is from the minivan I side-swiped to avoid T-boning the driver who pulled out into my lane, completely blowing the stop sign.

The mini-van looks like an army took sledge hammers to it.

Check out pics at http://www.facebook.com/4podiumglass

Interested in buying damaged or unwanted bodywork.

Repairing fiberglass motorcycle track and race fairings. Painting available. Paypal accepted. Credit Cards accepted *small fee applies* Shipping via UPS Ground.

Last edited by 4 Podium Glass; November 6, 2013 at 08:45 AM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)

November 6, 2013, 01:38 PM

over $2K estimated worth of damage

Repairing fiberglass motorcycle track and race fairings. Painting available. Paypal accepted. Credit Cards accepted *small fee applies* Shipping via UPS Ground.
Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

November 6, 2013, 06:26 PM

Check out fast eddie

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

November 7, 2013, 11:17 AM

i had a bunch of booboo's back in the day. tried different places.. Once i took it to Lindsay, I wont go anywhere else.

Lindsay Collision Center | New dealership in Springfield, VA 22151

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)

November 7, 2013, 12:01 PM

wow - really like the lifetime warranty at the Lindsay place.

Thanks fellas!

Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

November 7, 2013, 12:07 PM

they have opened a few more locations since the last time i used them, so i cant speak for every location. I always took mine to the first store located off the edsal road exit.

Place had nascar white floors. Actual secluded off paint bays. I could write a wall of text on the other places ive had work done. Im sure plenty of people have had good experiences at other shops otherwise they wouldnt be in business..

I just dug the clean bays and white floors vs a lot of the places that are using the commercial building areas...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)

November 7, 2013, 12:12 PM

Yea I work in Falls Church near 495 and Tysons and get off work at 2pm on Fridays, so I'll go there next Friday and check them out.

My main concern is the paint blending and the door. I'd rather not have them drill the spot welds to rollout the dent and then re-weld. Fear of corrosion given the Winter treatment in this area.

The appraisal order calls for the entire left side to be painted and blended....even see something on the order some labor for bed-liner wasn't damaged in the accident, I didn't even mention it to the adjuster, but sure I can use some bedliner.

Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

November 7, 2013, 01:26 PM

what about those dent doctor guys? little pricy, but ive seen them do some good work to get the dent out.. try them and then paint?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)

November 7, 2013, 01:39 PM

nah I'd like it done right - not saying they don't or can't.

Also what isn't known is if the door has a beam in it. If so, and it's bent, then the door must be replaced - not just have dent fixed. That is in the appraisal as well.

I'll drop by the dealership tomorrow and ask about all of that so I know ahead of time when I choose a body shop.

Unread
  (#10)

November 7, 2013, 01:40 PM

had a guy roll up on me and yell "hey bro, I can roll that dent out for you - follow me, you might like my estimate."

I was like - is your estimate free or less?

Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

November 7, 2013, 03:19 PM

He coulda wanted your yang....

Alex
13 Honda Fury