DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
5 members and 559 guests
davidcycle, knonfs, Scot, Slider, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Avon Walk For Breast Cancer May 2nd and 3rd
Unread
  (#1)
someone adopt a newb

Avon Walk For Breast Cancer May 2nd and 3rd - March 13, 2009, 07:54 PM

My fiancée is doing this when it comes into DC on May 2nd and 3rd. I know times are rough but we are trying to reach her goal and raise money for a good cause. I think it’s a safe bet that most people have in one way or another been impacted by this disease and unfortunately no cure is in sight. The money raised from this walk and the others like it around the country goes towards research for a cure.

If you are able to and would like to donate, you can do so by going to www.avonwalk.org. From there you simply click on make a donation, and then towards the middle of the screen enter the name of the walker. In this case Deanna Dionizio. The walk location will of course be Washington, DC. After you click on find a participant, Deanna's name will pop up. Click on the name and it will take you to her homepage. There you can donate if you wish.

I know there are a lot of good causes out there, but from a personal stand point I can't think of any one that has impacted me and my family more. I hope to see a cure in my lifetime, but this is an uphill battle. Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask via PM or post up.

Brandon
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#2)
Elite Racing

March 23, 2009, 03:31 PM

Done. Good luck to your soon-to-be-wife. Great cause!

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed

Last edited by Castle; March 23, 2009 at 03:33 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
someone adopt a newb

March 23, 2009, 05:34 PM

Sweet man. I really appreciate it.
Unread
  (#4)
Range Rover Owner

March 23, 2009, 09:07 PM

anybody want to go with me to set up a stand for "Free Breast Examination"

like this:
http://www.2minutebreastexam.com/video/

not like this guy:
http://www.stupidvideos.us/video.asp...unny%20videos/
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

March 24, 2009, 09:44 AM

Anyone ever think that instead of having this group walk for this cause that they do something for another organization at the same time.

Thousands of people out there. Why cant the walk, over to a neighborhood that habitat for humanity is at and say build some houses?

Two birds, one stone?

Not demeaning the cause in any way.. just sayin they are just walking right?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#6)
Someone fix my car

March 24, 2009, 10:26 AM

I did this walk a few years ago and there was NO way I was building anything while walking. That is a hard-ass walk my friend. Me and one other guy were the only ones who finished the full two day walk from our group. Never again.
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

March 24, 2009, 10:34 AM

no i hear ya on that.. i did the walk about 10 years ago. just saying folks are well...just walking to no where. instead of thousands of people walking around the loop, have those THOUSANDS of people in pink building houses....

just an idea.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
someone adopt a newb

March 24, 2009, 12:25 PM

Good idea...might not turn out so well though. A few thousand tired women swinging hammers. Well it might be funny to watch. Although I have meet some women who would put most carpenters to shame so ya never know.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

March 26, 2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw84u View Post

like this:

not like this guy:
http://www.stupidvideos.us/video.aspx/IDp~853/Free%20breast%20exam/Funny%20videos/
The 2 minute exam is fine for itty bitty titties. Larger chesticles will take more time.

I rode as support crew for the Susan G. Kolmen 3 day walk last fall. It was inspiring to see folks walking in memory of loved ones who had died to breast cancer. I was only able to do 1 day as my son had a race that weekend, but I was tired just being out in the sun all day directing traffic and helping the walkers out. Lots of respect for the gals who walked 3 days.
Unread
  (#10)
someone adopt a newb

March 26, 2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGadget View Post
The 2 minute exam is fine for itty bitty titties. Larger chesticles will take more time.

I rode as support crew for the Susan G. Kolmen 3 day walk last fall. It was inspiring to see folks walking in memory of loved ones who had died to breast cancer. I was only able to do 1 day as my son had a race that weekend, but I was tired just being out in the sun all day directing traffic and helping the walkers out. Lots of respect for the gals who walked 3 days.

I would like to be able to help out. I need to get in touch with somebody sooner rather then later. Good call. I would really like to be able to ride back and forth...dont think they would like my bike though.
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

Unhappy March 26, 2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw84u View Post

like this:

not like this guy:
http://www.stupidvideos.us/video.asp...unny%20videos/
I am not sure I wnat to be cheking single boob women out

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#12)
someone adopt a newb

March 26, 2009, 08:16 PM

Last edited by flynmnky; March 26, 2009 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: ....
Unread
  (#13)
Guns, Bikes, and Watches

March 26, 2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
Anyone ever think that instead of having this group walk for this cause that they do something for another organization at the same time.

Thousands of people out there. Why cant the walk, over to a neighborhood that habitat for humanity is at and say build some houses?

Two birds, one stone?

Not demeaning the cause in any way.. just sayin they are just walking right?
I like the way you think. I did some Habitat for Humanity work when I was down at Keesler. It was a blast
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Eric the Ricer  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

March 28, 2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynmnky View Post
I would like to be able to help out. I need to get in touch with somebody sooner rather then later. Good call. I would really like to be able to ride back and forth...dont think they would like my bike though.

I'll PM the gal who organized the riders for the 3 day walk, I think she said she did the Avon one also. If she is looking for more support riders, I'll get you her info. It is work, not just riding around and having fun. It is fun also, and rewarding, but not just a ride through the park.
Unread
  (#15)
someone adopt a newb

March 28, 2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGadget View Post
I'll PM the gal who organized the riders for the 3 day walk, I think she said she did the Avon one also. If she is looking for more support riders, I'll get you her info. It is work, not just riding around and having fun. It is fun also, and rewarding, but not just a ride through the park.
Sweet. I would appreciate it. I kinda want to surprise my girl by showing up to help. Corny but ya know this is gonna be tough for her and I want to show support. She puts up with my crap.