DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 587
3 members and 584 guests
GRN96WS6, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

August 17, 2005, 01:49 PM

anyone work for them?

Id like a heads up on your experience working for that company.

I have an interview in DC for a position with them at DOJ.
Just like the additional info if possible.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

August 17, 2005, 02:01 PM

Where in DC would you be? BAE practically takes up this entire building, but for one or two floors. (Yeah, I know it's a huge company, yes I know you could be anywhere, i'm just asking)

2005 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JDogg5  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

August 17, 2005, 02:02 PM

Phone interview is tomorrow. If i get past that, then ill go in for a face to face interview. All i know its with the DOJ on constitution ave and the job description.

You work there?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

August 17, 2005, 02:30 PM

Do you know a chase phillips?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#5)
Railing!

August 17, 2005, 02:43 PM

no and no to both answers, i don't work for BAE, or know anyone that does, just wondering if you'd be in the area. The BAE people who work here are old and fat, and take the elevator to go from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor. even though the stairs are right next to the elevator.

2005 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JDogg5  
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

August 17, 2005, 03:06 PM

haha nice. Guess if i get the job ill look for you on the stairs. lol

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#7)
Signed up for Track Days!

August 17, 2005, 05:00 PM

My friends mom works for BAE. I almost took a job with them. Very good company from what i hear.

I ride so slow its hard to keep my balance
96 CBR F3 - sold
2003 Gix 750 - sold
2005 Gix 1000 - sold
2007 Duc 1098 - sold
07 R6 - Current
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Got my Permit

August 17, 2005, 09:16 PM

I work with the Justice dept. and have worked closely with BAE system employees. Many have a negative opinion of the company, many have left the justice contract recently. I can get more info if you want. Is the contract for JMD Justice management division? I left federal government recently after 5 years to get away from JMD.

my email jcator@cox.net
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

August 18, 2005, 05:58 AM

thought you were going to be one of FFX PD's finest.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2005, 07:45 AM

I will be doing both adrian

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)

August 18, 2005, 08:44 AM

There might be a conflict of interest or morality issue working for both, might want to check that.

But to answer your question, I have not heard good things about them. I heard they lowball salary and do not take care of their employees. They are also British owned, so their contract field is limited especially withing the defense community.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2005, 02:35 PM

thanks adrian... i have heard that also. the job will to be only IT related things. Not subject matter. But that thought did cross my mind.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
TIMMEH!

August 18, 2005, 02:45 PM

I work for Lockheed Martin, but the contract I am on has a big BAE contingent on it as well. Everyone I've talked to doesn't seem to mind BAE at all. By the way, all Gov't Contractors think they are low-balled in pay, and the only way to get a good pay raise is to switch companies! I'll ask around some of the BAE guys around here what they think.

Tim

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

August 19, 2005, 11:24 AM

thanks

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)

August 19, 2005, 11:32 AM

mind you all the guys that spoke bad about BAE were FORMER employees of it, so there may be a bias there