DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 865
5 members and 860 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, nootherids, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Baghdad Embassy Plans Turn Up Online
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Cool Baghdad Embassy Plans Turn Up Online - May 31, 2007, 05:13 PM

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.js...31/677621.html
Why does this not surprise me?

5 years into the war, and Bush decides we need a actual "CZAR" to oversee things.
Being a former MSG, and around Embassies in other aspects now, this is not a good thing at all.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

May 31, 2007, 05:52 PM

oh noes, plans of a building were released online.

floor plans that would have been evident as they were building the building... or the day someone walked into the building...

security breach alert!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Like a clown car on fire

May 31, 2007, 10:51 PM

Meh, this isn't that big a deal... These compounds are build by local (meaning iraqi) contractors and laborers, except for any sensitive buildings, so it's very likely even more detailed construction plans are in the hands of Iraqi's right now. These are simply compound layout drawings and building facades, not the actual security system drawings, which are kept under much tighter control...

besides that one picture shown in the article is inaccurate already... The MSG's dont stand out in front of the gate like that... so who knows how accurate the rest of the drawings are.

Godfather, in my last job I bounced around to many embassies, the MSG's and Seabees were lifesavers, you could always tag along w/ them to find a good place to party while TDY... you just gotta be able to hold your liquor.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#4)
Face Down @$$ UP

June 1, 2007, 02:00 AM

^^^Orrrrahhhh^^^
Japan, Sudan, Ireland, and a few others will active...
DSS now.. So Iam everywhere.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#5)
LakoNiC wit da M CLass

June 1, 2007, 05:10 AM

oooooo rah for MSG !!!!!!! 3 months to go I'm done !!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LaKoNiC  
Unread
  (#6)
Face Down @$$ UP

June 1, 2007, 11:26 AM

Semper Fi..
Thanks for serving!

Unread
  (#7)
Like a clown car on fire

June 1, 2007, 11:53 AM

do you do training for DSS? I may have run into you at some point during some of my trainings. I was with Diplomatic Security too, but I was one of the physical security geeks, basically a contractor SEO. Every once in a while they'd send me to training with you guys, like when they decided to send me to Baghdad. I woulda loved to have stayed with DS, but I wanted to be direct-hire and cant be dragging the wife all around the world.

Lakonic, what posts did you tour at?

-Chloroform-
Unread
  (#8)
Got my Permit

June 1, 2007, 11:58 AM

Thwak what contractor did you work for?

08 1098 (street)
and many more
Unread
  (#9)
LakoNiC wit da M CLass

June 1, 2007, 12:02 PM

Conakry, Guinea / Vienna Austria , good stuff lookin to work with Ds soon as I get done with my B.S. next year. Want a Coin or polo from Kuwait ??? I will hook you up at the spot when I get home in Aug.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LaKoNiC  
Unread
  (#10)
Like a clown car on fire

June 1, 2007, 12:10 PM

I was with Mantech while they had the contract, then I did worked as a personal service contractor, directly for DS for a year. I have since left to work direct-hire for another agency.

Lakonic, you seem to have lucked out with some decent posts, I never hit either of them though. Thanks for the offer for the polo, but I only get them from places I've been to... Dont wanna be a poser or nothing.. If you're looking to get into the technical side of DS, hit me up sometime, i can give you some insights.

-Chloroform-
Unread
  (#11)
Got my Permit

June 1, 2007, 12:16 PM

@ 24

08 1098 (street)
and many more
Unread
  (#12)
Got my Permit

June 1, 2007, 12:23 PM

sent you a PM I just figured it out

08 1098 (street)
and many more
Unread
  (#13)
Face Down @$$ UP

June 1, 2007, 12:25 PM

LoL just got a call from BlackWater.
They are looking for instructors, and heard I was leaving.
Which I am, but not for another company, but to start my own.

Unread
  (#14)
BOHICA

June 1, 2007, 01:02 PM

All told, whatever was actually posted on the designer's website (Again, thank OBO for finding such "talented" architectural firms. These people couldn't design their own heads outta their asses) will have little impact on security. Most likely it was just representations of the exterior of the buildings. Whoopdy-freakin'-doooo. They made a freakin' model of the Embassy I'm building, does that constitute a security breach?

The rendering nothing of the actual layout of the compound, the interior of the buildings and who knows what other classified stuff is going on. You gain more information using Google Earth and other such programs than those renderings will EVER supply you. In fact, lemme show you a few floors of the building I'm currently completing.

http://maps.google.com/maps?num=30&h...&t=h&z=19&om=1

My trailer is located in the lower left portion of that frame. Inside the "C" shaped building is a "secure storage area" where only us "cleared Americans" can go to store materials. Except, most of the material shown there is rebar and other parts and pieces required for the concrete floors/ceilings. That is no longer there, as they have already planted trees where steel used to sit.

A freakin' GIS returns more information and pictures about the current and ongoing new buildling here in Berlin. Maybe we should shut down all those websites too.

Am I surprised OBO and DOS acted the way they did? No.

Was anything of real importance leaked out? Maybe they actually said what buildings belong to specific groups/people, but all told, you could probably sit somewhere with a pair of binoculars and figure it out yourself anyway.

This is just the media jumping on a possible story. Nothing more. I fail to believe that any design firm contracted by the OBO/DOS would be dumb enough to post anything remotely classified on the web. The only reason this one has come to light is the location and surroundings, nothing more.

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711