DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 527
0 members and 527 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Baltimore is killin it!
Unread
  (#1)
Stop light racer...

Baltimore is killin it! - May 27, 2015, 09:20 AM

Literally.

35 homicides this month; 29 people were shot just this Memorial day weekend, 9 of which died...

I wouldn't want to be a cop in Baltimore.

I mean the police kill a criminal, and the citizens burn Baltimore to the ground.

Criminals kill 35 people and citizens continue as normal. Amazing.

- Norway Daily, 90' VFR750, V4 Touring Beast
- USA Daily, 08' Versys - Urban Assault vehicle
- Toy, 02' Ducati 900ss - Loud and angry noises
- Toy, 89' FZR600 - Raw Inline Deathbox
- Project, 91' CB250 - Goal: lightweight city bike
- Project, 79' CB350 - Finally runs, now to finish

- Sold, Red 94' VS800 - Loud as F@*$
* R.I.P. Blue 06' SV650, murdered by DC!
* R.I.P. Black 98' FZR600, murdered by DC!
- Sold, Red 81' GS650
- Sold, Black 81' CM400T

Last edited by pnbell; May 27, 2015 at 09:24 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

May 27, 2015, 10:01 AM

Once again, the government fails and the people suffer.

Baltimore is experiencing this spike because the Cops are protesting in silence.

There is coordinated work slow down amongst BPD officers in retaliation for the 6 indictments in the Gray case.

BPD officers are NOT actively patrolling the problem districts, rather they're only responding to dispatch 911 calls and taking the most inefficient route to the location.

The word is out on the streets that the cops are on "vacation" and Criminals are taking advantage of the rollback in enforcement.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

May 27, 2015, 10:52 AM

Sounds like they got all the "fuck the police" they can handle.

Here's an article for the Dutschke:

Baltimore Is a Democrat Problem, Not America's Problem - Breitbart

(I know superchickencornerworker will dismiss that out-of-hand since it's Breitbart.)

"In 2012, after four years of his own failed policies, President Obama won a whopping 87.4% of the Baltimore City vote. Democrats run the city of Baltimore, the unions, the schools, and, yes, the police force. Since 1969, there have been only two Republican governors of the State of Maryland."

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; May 27, 2015 at 10:57 AM..
Unread
  (#4)
Real Men Pedal

May 27, 2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Once again, the government fails and the people suffer.

Baltimore is experiencing this spike because the Cops are protesting in silence.

There is coordinated work slow down amongst BPD officers in retaliation for the 6 indictments in the Gray case.

BPD officers are NOT actively patrolling the problem districts, rather they're only responding to dispatch 911 calls and taking the most inefficient route to the location.

The word is out on the streets that the cops are on "vacation" and Criminals are taking advantage of the rollback in enforcement.
Wait. You're blaming the police and government for idiots/criminals shooting people? That's hilarious.
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

May 27, 2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
Wait. You're blaming the police and government for idiots/criminals shooting people? That's hilarious.
That was my first reaction too. However, he's right, in a sense. The Democrats have had control of everything in Baltimore (and other major, crumbling metropolitan areas) for many years, and the place is still rife with problems. I'll give them the Inner Harbor, but I suggest that the Inner Harbor is sustainable because of the amazing growth of JHU downtown. Without Hopkins, we'd be watching and discussing a movie called Escape from Baltimore.

Think of all the urban Baltimore kids promised a way out by the Democrats, only to be in shoes like those worn by Freddy Gray. The inner city community put it's trust in the political left, and the left has consistently provided colossal failure in return. Despite their attempts to blame the right, the left radicals feel that peculiar sting of being caught holding the bag.

Until Baltimore tries some conservatism, it will continue to limp along, swimming in its own blood, sweat, and tears, chanting "believe hon" and "hands up don't shoot."

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; May 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM..
Unread
  (#6)
Stop light racer...

May 27, 2015, 11:25 AM

I mean whats the real issue here? It seems to be a larger society issue.

Maybe it's that Baltimore's industries have disappeared. Large corporations focused solely on profit have shipped most jobs overseas and created large amounts of unemployment, poverty, welfare, drugs and crime.

Meanwhile large companies like Walmart setup in these places to prey off the dumb and poor by offering 'good deals' and creating 'good jobs'. In the end all that is created is a few extremely wealthy men and an entire population of people who blame the police for their life problems rather than the corporations...

just sayin...

- Norway Daily, 90' VFR750, V4 Touring Beast
- USA Daily, 08' Versys - Urban Assault vehicle
- Toy, 02' Ducati 900ss - Loud and angry noises
- Toy, 89' FZR600 - Raw Inline Deathbox
- Project, 91' CB250 - Goal: lightweight city bike
- Project, 79' CB350 - Finally runs, now to finish

- Sold, Red 94' VS800 - Loud as F@*$
* R.I.P. Blue 06' SV650, murdered by DC!
* R.I.P. Black 98' FZR600, murdered by DC!
- Sold, Red 81' GS650
- Sold, Black 81' CM400T
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer

May 27, 2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnbell View Post
I mean whats the real issue here? It seems to be a larger society issue.

Maybe it's that Baltimore's industries have disappeared. Large corporations focused solely on profit have shipped most jobs overseas and created large amounts of unemployment, poverty, welfare, drugs and crime.

Meanwhile large companies like Walmart setup in these places to prey off the dumb and poor by offering 'good deals' and creating 'good jobs'. In the end all that is created is a few extremely wealthy men and an entire population of people who blame the police for their life problems rather than the corporations...

just sayin...

This has been proposed, and I think there are merits to examining the impact of outsourcing of goods and labor overseas. I'm not adequately knowledgeable in macroeconomics to speculate on what it would be like to restrict this practice. And I'll agree with your implication that avarice has probably contributed substantially to our societal and cultural ills.

Let me suggest, however, that, on the individual level, a strong work ethic, a commitment to learning, and a denial of self come together to serve as a powerful remedy and perhaps even a preventive to the problems you identified. No one ever drugged his or her way out of the ghetto, and I think fucking one's way out of the ghetto is probably quite rare. Who's to say a Walmart job isn't enough to get the process started? Maybe it is for some.

Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

May 27, 2015, 12:04 PM

With the current amount of "us versus them" going on between the police force, the community, and City Hall I can appreciate just how tough it would be to be a motivated cop right now. I can also appreciate how the community feels towards the cops. From the outside looking in I think the prosecutors did a poor job in handling the charges. Charging every cop that came into contact with the Grey situation seems way over the top. Maybe they didn't consider what that would do to the attitudes of cops still out there working their beats. A lot of well founded mistrust coming from all sides right now and plenty of blame to go around from what I can see.

Whose to blame for the increase in murders? That's easy. The ones doing the killing.

The places where this type of crime is happening is the same neighborhoods who have made it clear the police aren't welcome. Those that want a police presence are going to have to shout out above the noise of those who don't. Silence is not going to provide a solution.

If I had a job where everyone hated me, looked at me sideways, cussed me for just being there, and no one was speaking up on my behalf from within that area I'd probably write the place off too.

The problem isn't one sided, and the solution won't be either. Cops have to earn the trust of the community. The community needs to support the cops. Or just tell the cops to leave, and not be pissed off when they do...

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

May 27, 2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
If you inferred that, you couldn't be more wrong.
The criminals are using the lax enforcement to do what criminals do with lessened apprehension and fear.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#10)
Real Men Pedal

May 27, 2015, 03:00 PM

Hopefully they're just shooting each other like they have been for years.
Unread
  (#11)
Real Men Pedal

May 27, 2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
The criminals are using the lax enforcement to do what criminals do with lessened apprehension and fear.
Criminals don't obey the law so law enforcement is kind of moot, no?
Unread
  (#12)
Commute racer

May 27, 2015, 03:40 PM

I think "The Wire" needs another season.
Unread
  (#13)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

May 27, 2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Exactly.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#14)
Your Ad Here

May 27, 2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Criminals don't obey the law so law enforcement is kind of moot, no?
Criminals do not. But most also don't want to get caught.

Risk vs. Perceived reward. If the risk of being immediately caught or pursued is lessened, the more reward and opportunity they see.

Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 28, 2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
I think "The Wire" needs another season.
best show ever....
shot on location...and some stars were real Bmore err...actors.
most of the background people were rear residents ...also launched the careers of a few well known stars now like Idris Elba, and um...Omar...

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin