DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
2 members and 555 guests
Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Which BANKS do you use?
Unread
  (#1)
Mohawk Ryderz Prez

Post Which BANKS do you use? - February 4, 2010, 02:59 PM

-Past, Current & Future
-Pros & Cons

i used to have n still chevychase bank, no problem at all except always long line inside.
i have wachiova now, i hate their online service, takes as much as 3 days for my deposit to show, not atm deposit either, counter deposits.

Thinking about Navy federal credit union since im qualify for it, very very low on loan interest. Anyone here use them? can give me better explanations.

www.MohawkRyderz.com
http://www.Facebook.com/MohawkRyderz
http://www.twitter.com/MohawkRyderz

2012 zx10r
2004 Cbr1000rr black - Sold
2006 R1 anniversary edition - Sold
2006 Gsxr 600 red/blk - Sold
2006 Gsxr 600 flat Green/Silver - Sold
2007 Gsxr 600 flat blk/pink - wifey's Sold
2004 Yamaha R1 Black Sold
2003 Hayabusa orange Sold
2006 zx6r blk mobile jukebox (contest winner-hater's bike)Sold
2004 R6 blk/red Sold
2007 zx10r blue Sold
2005 zx6r red Sold
2003 R6 blk sold
2007 zx6r blk sold
2003 R6 red sold
2001 ducati 900ss sold
1996 zx6e sold

Xbox 360 - (Mohawk Ryderz)

Last edited by J dubbz; February 4, 2010 at 03:05 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Meet your Maker

February 4, 2010, 03:01 PM

go credit union but keep checking somewhere else to for better atm use

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#3)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

February 4, 2010, 03:02 PM

NFCU. FTW!!!!
The other credit union I bank with is Pentagon Federal Credit Union

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#4)
#swag

February 4, 2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-MOTO View Post
NFCU. FTW!!!!
The other credit union I bank with is Pentagon Federal Credit Union

^ - navy federal...about time they got mobile banking!

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#5)
TPG og

February 4, 2010, 03:05 PM

BoA, but wanna move it to a bank that doesnt use my tax dollars to give bonuses to people who facked us over. Still the ATM thing is a big deal.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

February 4, 2010, 03:05 PM

I used Pentagon FCU for a while... they weren't bad.
Used Suntrust for a while... didn't like them
USed PNC for years, they were great but moved away.
Been using First Interstate Bank since I moved to Colorado... best bank I've ever used, 6th largest in the US.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#7)
to be continued......

February 4, 2010, 03:12 PM

Ive had suntrust didnt like em
I have USAA and love them just no bank locations here but I do believe you can deposit checks through other banks atms and you can also deposit them from home if your approved for those.
Ive heard good things about Navy Fed and there are alot more locations opening up all the time.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Newgirlie Send a message via AIM to Newgirlie  
Unread
  (#8)
Mojito Anyone?

February 4, 2010, 03:16 PM

I have Suntrust.. HSBC.. and Pentagon FCU..

No problems with any of them.. Suntrust wins in my book because they are open sunday

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#9)
Owner & Creator

February 4, 2010, 03:17 PM

NFCU.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

February 4, 2010, 03:20 PM

Lets see:
My first account was with DIME saving banks. They were only a regional Brooklyn bank, so I moved to Bank of New York. Bank of New York was good to me but I got lured to Chemical.

They got bought out by Chase and started changing policies. I didn't like how Chase was now running the show - so I went back to BONY.

Then Bank of New York sold their consumer unit and became a private wealth management bank only focused on High Net Worth individuals (i.e. if your account balance isn't >$1MM don't bother us.)

So I went to Suntrust when I moved down here. Suntrust was ok for awhile, but I need more flexibility so I went to Bank of America - which I'm frankly not too satisfied with because of their policies lately and their shitty business practices and fees.

So I'm all ears on this post. BOA and I are pretty much finished as business partners.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 4, 2010, 03:20 PM

USAA...FTW>

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

February 4, 2010, 03:26 PM

Chevy Chase is small compared to the other banks you're mentioning. They may not be around much longer.

I'd base it off a few things.

What's closest? You need access to a branch every now and then but ATMs are more important to the rest of us.

Who's got the best online services? Let's face it, all branches suck and we'd rather not go in them... ever. Also, whichever you start using online you're not very likely to change. Chevy Chase has an okay online system. BoA is pretty good. SunTrust is at least as good, if not better. Those 3 are the best I've seen. They can link to your mortgages and credit cards and the like. You can do practically anything with your accounts online and it's free.

Who's going to give you the best deal? All the banks are looking for different types of business. Each of them will hook you up with something if you give them what they're looking for. Do you have large amounts of cash? Frequent CDs to cash/invest in new CDs? Looking for a mortgage or business loan? Have a business that needs banking services? I'd take what I have, look for who'll give me the best deal for it. This would likely be my primary factor.

Once you get in bank, get a real relationship with a banker there. Make sure it's at least an assitant manager. A manager, business banker, or Area Manager would be even better. That'll make any bank better for you.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

February 4, 2010, 03:29 PM

FYI: If you guys want the numbers, the big banks generally blow. The small banks kill them at customer service. However, as pointed out earlier, they don't tend to last. BoA is arguably the biggest American bank. SunTrust I think is 7th (It all depends on how you count TARP money)
Unread
  (#14)
Your Ad Here

February 4, 2010, 03:31 PM

Oh and Bank of America is about to get throttled.

Andrew Cuomo - NY's Attorney General has filed fraud charges against Bank of America, it's ex-CEO and several executives for violations of the Martin Act.

Additionally, the SEC is seeking approval of civil penalty of $150 Million dollars.

It's about time the goddamn hammer was dropped on some of these financial firms. I'm sure the major Wall St firms are up next.

Quote:
Separately, a federal judge on Monday rejected a $33 million settlement BofA reached with the Securities and Exchange Commission over disclosures tied to bonus payments at Merrill.

U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff called the proposed consent judgment "inadequate."

He wrote in an opinion Monday that the proposed judgement was "not only unfair but also unreasonable."

He called the $33 million a "trivial penalty for a false statement that materially infected a multi-billion-dollar merger."

He said the deal "further victimizes the victims."

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
This is gonna hurt!

February 4, 2010, 03:35 PM

I tell my customers to join the Navy if they have to to get into Navy Federal. They are that good to their customers. They have NO negative policies toward motorcycle loans that I have ever detected in many years. I think FCU's have a liberal use policy about other CU ATM's.