DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 490
2 members and 488 guests
Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Barry seeks DC gun ban hiatus
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting
 
rddy's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,622
Join Date: October 1, 2002
Location: Boston, MA area
Barry seeks DC gun ban hiatus - February 7, 2007, 11:04 PM

http://washingtontimes.com/metro/200...5722-3302r.htm

Discuss!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Now Riding Red
 
j-skid's Avatar
 
Posts: 252
Join Date: May 19, 2006
Location: Herndon, VA
February 8, 2007, 12:29 AM

Welcome to Bizarro-world!! LOL


‎"Death walks beside every man, but only the mercenary turns and waves."

Troye-ame-Ven, Writer, Philosopher, Mortal



M
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Super Moderator
 
Scorpion9R's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,648
Join Date: November 30, 2003
Location: Washington Metropolitan Area
February 8, 2007, 12:36 AM

He is a fucking MORON!


“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell


CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Contributes nothing
 
yzl337's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,678
Join Date: September 30, 2002
Location: Herky Hilton
February 8, 2007, 02:13 AM

Just repeal the gun ban altogether, clearly criminals aren't bothered by it.


-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.


Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
IrightI
 
brian's Avatar
 
Posts: 856
Join Date: April 8, 2003
Location: The Ville - A-Town at heart
February 8, 2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzl337
Just repeal the gun ban altogether, clearly criminals aren't bothered by it.


Correct - the only people in D.C. with guns are cops and criminals. Let's all remember that armed society is polite society.


06 R6 Raven
03 R6 Track
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM
 
dodge131's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,567
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: NOVA
February 8, 2007, 07:43 AM

Just my thought, that as long as there is a gun ban in DC they will never become a state! I think if that is lifted then DC will have a better chance. If it is lifted I bet the first few months it will be like the wild west.


www.RnRcycles.com


Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught
 
EPlaw's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,588
Join Date: September 8, 2006
Location: ....
February 8, 2007, 07:47 AM








If DC became the wild west, these would be my two investments.


"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Republicans for Voldemort
 
hondahawkrider's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,303
Join Date: July 1, 2003
Location: Laurel
February 8, 2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian

Correct - the only people in D.C. with guns are cops and criminals. Let's all remember that armed society is polite society.
errrrr..... (total) gun bans don't work well.......

The folks who wind up getting in trouble - are collectors - those who get them for protection - hunters - etc....

As I understand it - if you are a criminal, while you are charged with violating the gun ban - you are also usually being charged with something else - assault, drugs, etc... It's the gun thing that is one of the first things to get thrown out.... Said criminal still goes to jail - but not for that..... Yet, a target shooter, hunter, legal owner, etc - who happens to wind up in DC - who gets stopped for speeding - and the cop finds a weapon (various ways) winds up in a crap load of trouble - etc.. It's this latter group that winds up getting screwed when politicals/public cry for zero tolerance...

I am all for the serious punishment of anyone in possession of a "unregistered" gun ie a unregistered gun ban... If you are a citizen in good standing - I personally don't see why you shouldn't be able to own a gun... Owning one doesn't always mean carrying it all the time... However, I don't have problem if folks get a permit to carry concealed if they so choose...


-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Super Moderator
 
Scorpion9R's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,648
Join Date: November 30, 2003
Location: Washington Metropolitan Area
February 8, 2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
Just my thought, that as long as there is a gun ban in DC they will never become a state! I think if that is lifted then DC will have a better chance. If it is lifted I bet the first few months it will be like the wild west.
So do I and I think it will be that way for more than a couple of months.The problem I have with D.C. lifting the gun ban is on the education of the laws and when they can use a firearm. I can see it now - someone bumps into a car while parking - BANG! Debate over parking - BANG There will probably be more shootings over property than the defense of their lives than anything else. You can already own a rifle and shotgun in D.C. LEGALLY As long as they are registered. Juries in D.C. are AWFUL! They will let a drug dealer go in a heartbeat but send god help you if you shoot a dog or something minor!

Hondahawkrider - I dont agree with you in one case about transporting a gun through the district. You CAN travel through the district with a firearm AS LONG AS you meet certain requirements. A) You ARE going hunting! Must be unloaded-gun and ammo in seperate places - and some more stuff. Cant remember the rest. You have to go directly through D.C. NO STOPPING for any reason. Cant stop to get gas. Cant stop at your boys/girls house...yadda yadda yadda....

I do agree with you one one thing. Citizens in good standing should be able to own a firearm.


“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell


CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
February 8, 2007, 09:44 AM

Gun bans have statistically seen an increase in violence.

Gun bans only apply to people who live within the bounds of the laws that support them. Armed societies are societies where the power of violence is granted to all people equally, not just police and criminals, exclusively.

The collateral: Home robbery will now involve the aquisition of weapons for criminals, where they probably would not be able to get them as easily otherwise. Which will flood the black market for weapons and make them cheaper, and more availible.


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught
 
EPlaw's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,588
Join Date: September 8, 2006
Location: ....
February 8, 2007, 09:51 AM

How do you get in contact with the black market? I need some things for my house and moneys been a little tight.


"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Republicans for Voldemort
 
hondahawkrider's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,303
Join Date: July 1, 2003
Location: Laurel
February 8, 2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
So do I and I think it will be that way for more than a couple of months.The problem I have with D.C. lifting the gun ban is on the education of the laws and when they can use a firearm. I can see it now - someone bumps into a car while parking - BANG! Debate over parking - BANG There will probably be more shootings over property than the defense of their lives than anything else. You can already own a rifle and shotgun in D.C. LEGALLY As long as they are registered. Juries in D.C. are AWFUL! They will let a drug dealer go in a heartbeat but send god help you if you shoot a dog or something minor!

Hondahawkrider - I dont agree with you in one case about transporting a gun through the district. You CAN travel through the district with a firearm AS LONG AS you meet certain requirements. A) You ARE going hunting! Must be unloaded-gun and ammo in seperate places - and some more stuff. Cant remember the rest. You have to go directly through D.C. NO STOPPING for any reason. Cant stop to get gas. Cant stop at your boys/girls house...yadda yadda yadda....

I do agree with you one one thing. Citizens in good standing should be able to own a firearm.
James, I might be wrong- but I thought that the ability to transport guns without stopping (WTF) only applied to rifles. When some folks were gonna got to the NRA site to shoot.. I called DC (office WAS in DC) to see if I was allowed to transport my hangun - unloaded in my trunk with the ammo seperate - I was told a resounding no.... So if wanted to go shooting after work - I would have to go home to MD get my hangun and then go into VA... I thought about risking it - as who would know - but if I got in accident - and it was found out - I could have been charged... With to me is BS.. I am a citizen in good standing - yadda yadda yadda... and I cant even take my own personal property from place to place.... Sorry man - but that's crap..


-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
rdg
best avatar in the biz
 
rdg's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,097
Join Date: April 19, 2005
Location: me, the bike, or the crap that broke off?
February 8, 2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
I am all for the serious punishment of anyone in possession of a "unregistered" gun ie a unregistered gun ban...
I'm not. I see no reason to have a gun registry to begin with. Want to find out if I've got a gun? Break into my house.

Also, for those who didn't read the article - this legislation by Barry isn't a repeal or hiatus of the gun ban. It's simply an amnesty program. He wants a window of 90 days where people could register the illegal guns they are already in possession of.

Because gangbangers would totally do that today if they weren't scared of legal repercussions.

Basically, Barry continues to prove he's a moron.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Republicans for Voldemort
 
hondahawkrider's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,303
Join Date: July 1, 2003
Location: Laurel
February 8, 2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegula
I'm not. I see no reason to have a gun registry to begin with. Want to find out if I've got a gun? Break into my house.

Also, for those who didn't read the article - this legislation by Barry isn't a repeal or hiatus of the gun ban. It's simply an amnesty program. He wants a window of 90 days where people could register the illegal guns they are already in possession of.

Because gangbangers would totally do that today if they weren't scared of legal repercussions.

Basically, Barry continues to prove he's a moron.
Let met get this straight... We register our marriages, our cars, our houses, our selves (ss) - and you are against a gun registration..... OK...

Sorry I know too many LEO's - Having a definative list of who actually HAS a gun would be a useful thing.... WHile Barry is an idiot.... Being against registering guns - because the gov't will come and take them away is a paranoid delusion... If the gov't comes knocking on all our doors (including mine) to take away our guns - there will be something seriously wrong and we will already be in deep shit.


-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
rdg
best avatar in the biz
 
rdg's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,097
Join Date: April 19, 2005
Location: me, the bike, or the crap that broke off?
February 8, 2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
Let met get this straight... We register our marriages, our cars, our houses, our selves (ss) - and you are against a gun registration..... OK...
Who said I support those registrations? (actually I support registering property for the sake of formal ownership)

Quote:
Sorry I know too many LEO's - Having a definative list of who actually HAS a gun would be a useful thing....
Really? Then you know there'd never be any such thing as a definative list, and you know they'd agree. The only thing your list is doing is telling you what law abiding citizens have guns. Boy, better watch out for them fellas.

Quote:
WHile Barry is an idiot.... Being against registering guns - because the gov't will come and take them away is a paranoid delusion... If the gov't comes knocking on all our doors (including mine) to take away our guns - there will be something seriously wrong and we will already be in deep shit.
Tell that to those who live in Australia or the UK.

First your government finds out who owns them, then it bans them, and when it deems it necesary it will come and take them. And why should you not let the government? You already told the government you didn't need the gun when you let them get banned. Really, if they've been banned, then the government should come and take them for your protection. I'm sure there's a "think of the kids" defense in there as well.

Call me a paranoid delusional, that's fine. Just remember your government recently took away your protection from unlawful imprisonment, and your Attorney General believes you never really had that protection to begin with. His argument is based on lingual semantics. The same method that people have used to get guns banned, have your freedom of speech become not so free, and maintain the "The Consitution is a living document" point of view.

You think I'm paranoid, I think you're naive.

Last edited by rdg; February 8, 2007 at 11:41 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.