DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
3 members and 563 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Beat down at DC9?! YIKES!
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

Beat down at DC9?! YIKES! - October 18, 2010, 08:54 PM

At 2:30 a.m. Friday, Ali Ahmed Mohammed, an Ethiopian immigrant who lived in Silver Spring, turned up at the popular U Street club DC9 in Washington. After being denied entrance, he angrily hurled two bricks at the venue, breaking its front window, according to the Washington Post.

Soon after, five men chased him, and fatally beat him, according to Washington police, who have since charged co-owner of DC9, William Spieler, and four other club employees with the crime.
The men have been charged with aggravated assault because the cause of death hasn't been determined; that could change when the medical examiner makes a final ruling

The Friday morning death has shocked Washington nightlife, where DC9 was a popular club and live music venue. Nightlife website Brightest Young Things has come to the club's defense. "The notion that that event resulted from systemic problems at DC9 itself runs counter to our seven years of experience as patrons of that venue," read a post baffingly titled "Murder at DC9? Hmm..."
The death has had other consequences. Since DC police temporarily shut down the club, owners moved bands Light Pollution and Zachary Peterson to the Rock & Roll Hotel, and canceled Thursday's Where Winston Stood show.

The club's website doesn't say anything about Wednesday's scheduled show by First Aid Kit.

YIKES!!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpetologist

October 18, 2010, 09:04 PM

so, is he still going to pay for the window?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

October 18, 2010, 09:17 PM

He ought not have thrown bricks at the joint.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

October 18, 2010, 11:11 PM

^ yea what can you expect to gain from throwing bricks at a club?

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#5)
Ton Up!

October 19, 2010, 06:24 AM

I got hit in the face with a bike lock outside DC9 last year. The bartenders harbored the perpetrator. Hasn't been my favorite place since.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#6)
Goodpeopledrinkgoodbeer

October 19, 2010, 06:40 AM

From what I heard the owner and a couple bouncers beat the dude and then jersey curbed him, not cool. Did he deserve a beat down, yes but he should not have paid with his life.

I'm trying to think, but nothing happens - Curly Stooge

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#7)
Elite Racing

October 19, 2010, 07:17 AM

One of the few reasons I like to stick to my urban, South Riding/NoVA drinking/music establishments.

Dude shouldn't have thrown the bricks, and he sure as hell shouldn't have been beat to death for it.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#8)
I hate Hybrid drivers

October 19, 2010, 09:10 AM

I know a guy who was at this show. He told us this story while we were driving up to New York Friday night. It was a non racist skinhead show. There were some people in the crowd who were known racists with tattoos supporting racist groups and views. I wonder if he hurled the bricks in reaction to comments or actions from the skinheads.
Unread
  (#9)
Signed up for Track Days!

October 19, 2010, 09:11 AM

ACTUALLY nothing adds up. police had him in custody for roughly an hour, and there are no witnesses to say they beat him, plus its a well known fact he went on a bender that night and got into it with other people not at the dc9. i dont give a fuck about anyone, i hope you all catch on fire, but the police are just covering their asses because he died in their custody. cops - blaming someone else when shit goes wrong.
Unread
  (#10)
TPG og

October 19, 2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked_Biker View Post
I got hit in the face with a bike lock outside DC9 last year. The bartenders harbored the perpetrator. Hasn't been my favorite place since.

Dayum dude! thas facked up!! I got beatup by Voodoo Glow Skulls stage crew. Buncha bishes!

Regardless of what happened... don't kill someone from throwing bricks. An ass whoopings in order but not death. Its not like he stole their bike or broke into their house.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#11)
T.R.I.T.D.H

October 19, 2010, 09:31 AM

Honestly something SMELLED fishy about this entire article...(took out the part about racial motivations...b/c frankly I do not know that just yet).

I mean NO he should have NOT thrown bricks at the club window....BUT HELL as a club owner you have fuckin insurance and the law on your side...there should NOT be a case where you're CLUB STAFF CHASES...CHASES (yes twice) down someone and KILLS THEM!!! I mean I'm not saying you don't have a right to protect what you own, but what kind of business mindset is that?

And if he died in custody of the cops might be the case that he was beaten before the cops gained custody of him?????

Anyways THIS is BS

Quote:
But it remains unclear whether Mohammed, 27, of Silver Spring, died from the beating or some other cause. Although an autopsy was performed, authorities said, lab tests have to be done before a ruling can be made on whether the death was a homicide caused by the beating
If I start beating an epiletic and they start having a seizure during the beating..IMO the cause of death is STILL the beating b/c w/o it the may or may NOT have had a seizure...but the beating prompted it.

If I break in someone's house and they have a bad heart, I point a gun at them and they panic and have a heart attack...well I never touched them.

So it's definitely a grey area I see on that matter....but still regardless...the dude was screaming for his life and they beat him to death...that is the cause.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."

Last edited by TalkofDC; October 19, 2010 at 09:40 AM..
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

October 19, 2010, 09:40 AM

This is a crazy world, life's cheaper and cheaper each day, and throwing bricks is risky business. It's more dangerous than ever to assume that the other side will stop short of killing you dead over even the smallest act of aggression.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#13)
Knee Draggin!

October 19, 2010, 09:50 AM

Life is full of choices and the consequences that result from those choices. He chose to throw 2 bricks through the window and as a result many lives have been destroyed. His, his family, the people indicted, their families. It's sad to think that all this happened because he was upset he couldn't get into a club.
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

October 19, 2010, 10:01 AM

Unread
  (#15)
T.R.I.T.D.H

October 19, 2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
This is a crazy world, life's cheaper and cheaper each day, and throwing bricks is risky business. It's more dangerous than ever to assume that the other side will stop short of killing you dead over even the smallest act of aggression.

Yup...I'm wondering what current patrons of this establishment are thinking now...

I mean if a bartender makes a mistake on my drink and I ask nicely for them to correct it am I gonna be dragged out back and executed b/c I gave them "some lip"???

That is the type of thought that may potential hurt the owners business. Honestly, as a business owner I understand you have to back your employees but damn so you believe in what they did was right by your defense of them....sheesh....that's rough.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."