DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
3 members and 544 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Best Body shop in Woodbridge area?
Unread
  (#1)
opossum puncher

Best Body shop in Woodbridge area? - May 18, 2009, 08:13 AM

Wifey nicked a pole and we wanna get the dent fixed, which shops are the best in the area and which should be avoided?

Thanks

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#2)
Street Bonk Bum.....

May 18, 2009, 08:24 AM

just buff that shit out brad

CCS AM # 204
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

May 18, 2009, 09:38 AM

dude!!!!

do a search on this site.

goto lindsay collision off edsall road.

in short, i have "tested" a number of body shops in the area since 1999

Lindsay is above all.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
opossum puncher

May 18, 2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
dude!!!!

do a search on this site.

goto lindsay collision off edsall road.

in short, i have "tested" a number of body shops in the area since 1999

Lindsay is above all.
Cool, thanks spud. Im gonna be lazy and use the one in Woodbridge cause its less than 2 min from my house.

Gonna try and drop it off tonight, every time Katie sees the car she starts crying. Ill let yall know if they are as good as the one in Springfield.

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#5)
Parkin lot pimpin'

May 18, 2009, 10:58 AM

Buddy of mine just got his 09 F150 repaired from an accident from Wagon Works....kinda expensive but they did a perfect job repairing it and matching the paint.

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD

2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3  
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

May 18, 2009, 11:18 AM

i keep forgetting lindsay has a shop in woodbridge. Hopefully that place is as clean as the one off edsall road.

Just make sure the painting area is totally seperated off from the repair/sanding area. (can you believe you have to check that?)

Lindsay off edsall has totall seperate painting booths w/in the buidling.

when you get your car back, make sure you can see it in day light and walk a full circle around it at around 10 - 15 feet to ensure color match.

whever they paint, make sure you check whever that panel ends. eg if they paint a side panel, look under the car where the panel would end and make sure you dont see overspray. If the panel ends at the hood, and then the hood starts. open the hood and look on the inside to make sure that panel is painted correctly. sometimes they dont tape well and that is where you can verify how good the shop is.

good luck and let me know how the woodbridge shop is. the one off edsall is like walking onto a nascar white floor. very clean.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)
Serial Killer

May 18, 2009, 11:57 AM

I went to a place down the street from NoVa in Woodbridge; I think it was called Ram's Autobody or something like that. They were real good and the work was 100% perfect. They fixed some scratches, dent, and paint work from when my wife got in to a fender bender with a Jag.

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#8)
Street Bonk Bum.....

May 18, 2009, 12:00 PM

just leave it on there and pocket the insureance money to upgrade your bonk to something newer.....tell ur wife that the dent will serve as a constant reminder for her to pay attention to what the hell she is doing when behind the wheel......tell her when ur ride gets as beat up lookin as ur zx6r then you will upgrade her vechicle...seems pretty fair to me

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#9)
yut ugh!

May 18, 2009, 01:33 PM

lindsay edsall sucked for me.. had to have my rear bumper/tailgate repaired/painted and the paint had all sorts of orange peel and dirt underneath. When I called them out on it, they reprepped and painted..

every job is different though (and so is every result)

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen
Unread
  (#10)
SUPERBITCHIN'

May 18, 2009, 01:36 PM

mr. spoiler in manassas was very very good. But the front bumper never fit right again.

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

May 18, 2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq View Post
lindsay edsall sucked for me.. had to have my rear bumper/tailgate repaired/painted and the paint had all sorts of orange peel and dirt underneath. When I called them out on it, they reprepped and painted..

every job is different though (and so is every result)
wow really?

I have had 3 of my cars done, my mom's acura, a guy from work, and a few other people. Never had one complaint.

They fixed your issue correctly the 2nd time right?
Guess you will never get a 100% record anywhere...

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

May 18, 2009, 04:55 PM

http://www.professionalcollision.com

14132 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

My dad took his S2000 to get some dents and scratches fixed, the car looked brand new when he got it back. It was about 4 years old at the time.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#13)
opossum puncher

May 27, 2009, 08:46 AM

Picked up the car last night. Lindsay did a phenomenal job. Not a hint of over spray, bodywork is totally un noticeable, and everything fits up perfectly. They were fast and the work is great.

Lindsay Collision in Woodbridge is ++

-

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

May 27, 2009, 09:55 AM

Alex
13 Honda Fury