DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 196
1 members and 195 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
best buy fires employee over cartoon of iPhone
Unread
  (#1)
running on liquid crazy.

best buy fires employee over cartoon of iPhone - July 7, 2010, 11:07 AM

Best Buy Firing Employee Because He Makes A Funny Video That Doesn't Even Mention Best Buy | Techdirt

I just got to watch this and it's fucking HILARIOUS!! "it fucking prints money." " It grants up to 3 wishes, even if one of those wishes are for an iPhone." "it has an app that builds you an island and then it fucking transforms into a jet and flies you there." "you realize that doesn't mean anything. It's a brand. They could put out a fucking brick and call it an iPhone if they wanted to."

The best line?
"Are you serious?!? Not only are you so batshit stupid that you still want this device, you are also so retarded that you think you can fucking waltz in to any store and purchase one on launch day without a pre-order? I think- I think I need to go chop off my own dick now. Yes, I think I will. I don't need my children growing up in a world populated by dip shits like you!"

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mojito Anyone?

July 7, 2010, 11:12 AM

that vid is hilarious.. poor kid.. he shouldn't get fired.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#3)
running on liquid crazy.

July 7, 2010, 11:30 AM

Don't worry, I bet he gets some kind of lawsuit going on. Besides, he's famous now on the interwebs.

the one and only...
Unread
  (#4)
Track Ho

July 7, 2010, 11:33 AM

I actually think best buy was justified in firing him lol

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Track Ho

July 7, 2010, 11:34 AM

I hope Tosh.0 grabs him

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

July 7, 2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesasse1 View Post
Best Buy Firing Employee Because He Makes A Funny Video That Doesn't Even Mention Best Buy | Techdirt

I just got to watch this and it's fucking HILARIOUS!! "it fucking prints money." " It grants up to 3 wishes, even if one of those wishes are for an iPhone." "it has an app that builds you an island and then it fucking transforms into a jet and flies you there." "you realize that doesn't mean anything. It's a brand. They could put out a fucking brick and call it an iPhone if they wanted to."

The best line?
"Are you serious?!? Not only are you so batshit stupid that you still want this device, you are also so retarded that you think you can fucking waltz in to any store and purchase one on launch day without a pre-order? I think- I think I need to go chop off my own dick now. Yes, I think I will. I don't need my children growing up in a world populated by dip shits like you!"

Update
Best Buy Spares iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO Video Creator's Job

Best Buy employee Brian Maupin got internet famous last week with this iPhone 4 versus HTC Evo video. Which made Best Buy upset enough to suspend and threaten to fire the guy. Today, Maupin was granted a stay of termination.
Best Buy's statement indicates that they weren't actually concerned with the Evo/iPhone 4 videos so much as three other shorts on Maupin's YouTube account that took more direct jabs at his employer:
We have completed our investigation into the videos created and posted by Brian Maupin, the aspiring film-maker and Best Buy employee. This is an important situation for us because it involved balancing our social media guidelines with a commitment to creating a supportive environment for our employees. It's important to note that our investigation involved three videos that were posted in late June because they were openly disparaging of our employees, our customers and our vendor partners. Our investigation is over, and these videos are no longer on the web. Contrary to rumors, Brian has not been fired, and is scheduled to return to his job at Best Buy this Friday.
Which could true, or could be saving face; either way, there's no way those videos would have been discovered were it not for the millions of eyeballs Maupin's phone wars videos attracted.
In either event, it may end up a moot point: Maupin's official statement indicates that he may not want to return to work after all, so there:
Right now I'm planning on taking a leave of absence so I may survey my current career plans and the future. I'm not sure if it would be comfortable returning to Best Buy considering the circumstances, but I will definitely consider all options.
Let's hope one of those options is continuing to make funny internet videos.
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

July 7, 2010, 11:39 AM

I was going to post this the other week, but didn't think anyone would get humor since there are so many Apple Iphone fanboys on here.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
running on liquid crazy.

July 7, 2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I was going to post this the other week, but didn't think anyone would get humor since there are so many Apple Iphone fanboys on here.
yeah, sure Heist.

Besides, how could that not be funny??!? I have an iPhone and even I think that's some hilarious shit. ...not that I have the 4G. lol

Oh, and I saw this last week, too- just been too busy to post it!!

the one and only...

Last edited by thesasse1; July 7, 2010 at 11:50 AM..
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

If they fired him for that video he could sue the shit out of them for wrongful termination. The HTC vs Iphone video doesn't mention or imply Best Buy in any way. He got suspended pending in a investigation while they figured out how to fire him and for what exactly, legally. But they changed their minds and decided that the videos they could legally fire him for were now removed and let him keep his job.

"I don't care."
Unread
  (#10)
Groping is a skill...

So easy to get famous in this country nowadayz...

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Street Bonk Bum.....

July 7, 2010, 11:49 AM

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#12)
running on liquid crazy.

July 7, 2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
So easy to get famous in this country nowadayz...
Don't hate.

the one and only...
Unread
  (#13)
Knarly Adventurer

July 7, 2010, 11:53 AM

hahaha!
hilarious!

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

July 7, 2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSOVER9000 View Post
If they fired him for that video he could sue the shit out of them for wrongful termination. The HTC vs Iphone video doesn't mention or imply Best Buy in any way. He got suspended pending in a investigation while they figured out how to fire him and for what exactly, legally. But they changed their minds and decided that the videos they could legally fire him for were now removed and let him keep his job.

"I don't care."
He had other videos taking jabs at BB apparently...That was the reason they suspended him.
Unread
  (#15)
TPG og

July 7, 2010, 11:54 AM

Ahh Best Buy, the Walmart of electronics stores. This is like schools suspending kids for shiz they did off of school grounds not during school hours. Funny as hell though. Steve Jobs still eats babies.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  

Tags
best buy, evo, iphone