DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 456
5 members and 451 guests
beatle, fxc3700, Nobrains, Slider, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
Can't Find the Ditch

June 1, 2018, 08:14 AM

My goodman is about to get ripped out of my house and ARS fired. I've had them over several times a year for issues with the system. Costco Lennox will be my next choice as soon as I have one more issue. brand new house built in dec 2014....

06 Honda F4I #36-Bought it back!
First Track Day 9/1/09
MARCC Supporter
TPM
Roger Lyle #36

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#17)
Your Ad Here

June 1, 2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobrains View Post
My goodman is about to get ripped out of my house and ARS fired. I've had them over several times a year for issues with the system. Costco Lennox will be my next choice as soon as I have one more issue. brand new house built in dec 2014....

New house, but they probably bought the lowest contractor grade Goodman Heat Pump they could get best bulk pricing on.

And Goodman shipped them just that.

When buying a new home, unless you spec'd it in the sales contract, do not trust a DAMN THING the builder puts in by way of appliance or home HVAC.

What is in there is to increase their profit margin, not provide years of trouble free service.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#18)
Can't Find the Ditch

June 1, 2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
New house, but they probably bought the lowest contractor grade Goodman Heat Pump they could get best bulk pricing on.

And Goodman shipped them just that.

When buying a new home, unless you spec'd it in the sales contract, do not trust a DAMN THING the builder puts in by way of appliance or home HVAC.

What is in there is to increase their profit margin, not provide years of trouble free service.
Thanks Man, we definitely learned.

06 Honda F4I #36-Bought it back!
First Track Day 9/1/09
MARCC Supporter
TPM
Roger Lyle #36

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.
Unread
  (#19)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 4, 2018, 01:09 PM

I think I mentioned that when I was just on vacation down Surfside Beach SC. every single house i saw had Goodman heat pumps. Most are new houses made 2008 to 2012 mostly and you see tons more new ones going up.
Most end up as rental properties also. My 4 bedroom house and a good number near me had 2 units per house. One for upstairs and one for down stairs. My house was perfect temps.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#20)
Real Men Pedal

June 4, 2018, 02:10 PM

Goodman intoduced the 10 year warranty and by doing that pushed up the quality of all brands.
Unread
  (#21)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 4, 2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
Goodman intoduced the 10 year warranty and by doing that pushed up the quality of all brands.
if that covered parts and labor id be excited.

But labor cost same or more than parts most times.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#22)
Your Ad Here

June 4, 2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
I think I mentioned that when I was just on vacation down Surfside Beach SC. every single house i saw had Goodman heat pumps. Most are new houses made 2008 to 2012 mostly and you see tons more new ones going up.
Most end up as rental properties also. My 4 bedroom house and a good number near me had 2 units per house. One for upstairs and one for down stairs. My house was perfect temps.

Well then, they all can't be wrong could they? If anything if you do have an issue you'll know you'll have no lack of parts availability or technicians who know how to work on them.

Thing is, HVAC heat pumps are fairly uncomplicated. A compressor, a board, a capacitor, coils, a fan. Some people can DIY diagnoses theses things when they have an issue or you can hire an independent guy.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#23)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 5, 2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Well then, they all can't be wrong could they? If anything if you do have an issue you'll know you'll have no lack of parts availability or technicians who know how to work on them.

Thing is, HVAC heat pumps are fairly uncomplicated. A compressor, a board, a capacitor, coils, a fan. Some people can DIY diagnoses theses things when they have an issue or you can hire an independent guy.
goes back to what was said earlier about the companies building the houses. Cheapest possible bulk buy.

These houses are not being built by owners....all are built by companies.

sad thing is the houses are cheap ($450k - $650K) and i look at sales over the last 15 years and there isnt much profit in it. My gf also told me about her friends who do rental and said they ended up just breaking even since the rental time frame is low and so much competition.

Unread
  (#24)
GP Racer

June 6, 2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post

sad thing is the houses are cheap ($450k - $650K) and i look at sales over the last 15 years and there isnt much profit in it. My gf also told me about her friends who do rental and said they ended up just breaking even since the rental time frame is low and so much competition.
My in-laws owned a beach house that they rented out for 20 years. It paid for itself but that was it. They sold it a couple of years ago because the upkeep became more hassle than it was worth.

It was nice to have in the family, but they had calls multiple times a month for issues. I would have hated to deal with it myself.

2011 Z1000