DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
0 members and 544 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
The OFFICIAL NBA Finals Thread
Unread
  (#1)
I'm an Asshole

The OFFICIAL NBA Finals Thread - June 13, 2006, 11:27 PM

Game 3: I know that in my short life I've seen a handful of amazing sports moments. Tonight I watched Dwayne Wade lead his team back from 13 points down with 7 mins left in the 4th while having 5 fouls. 43 points total and only 1 turnover.

The most amazing part of watching sports is when in your head you think "its do or die time". Like watching Vince Young dethrone USC in the Rose Bowl. Or when jordan hit that fade away against Byron Russel to win the championship. The moment that makes a good player a GREAT player.

In my book, Wade has proven his status as "go to guy". Anyone else want to chime in on Game 3 or the Finals in general?

Last edited by griffindj; June 15, 2006 at 10:07 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#2)
When in Rome...

June 14, 2006, 08:37 AM

Wade is young and is certainly no Jordan at this stage, he may be eventually though. His real problem is that nobody else on his team is good at playing basketball, except the big guy who is clearly fading with age.

We should get a dcsbn contingent together to watch Dirk and the Mavs finish off the Heat - before last night it looked as if they weren't even going to present a challenge but now that it looks like we might get a wimper from Wade and the Diesel, I'd be up for some communal watching.

Mavs in 6, I'm calling my shot.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm an Asshole

June 14, 2006, 09:01 AM

I have to disagree with you man. As you saw last night, Wade is AS GOOD as jordan was in his prime. He is young, real young, and the test will be to see if he can sustain his abilities for so long like Jordan was. Wade TOOK OVER the 4th quarter with a bum knee and 5 fouls, like we've seen Jordan do so many times, and is mostly the reason why he is called the GREATEST. Is wade as good as jordan was? Yes. Is he going to remain at that level? Time will tell.

And talent wise, the Heat have the Mavs beat. The thing the Mavs have going for them is their age and speed on the fast break, but not the talent. Shaq, Wade, J Williams, Walker, and off the bench you have guys like Mourning and Payton(who was cluth last night). Compare that to Dirk and Terry.

Last night was an awesome back and forth game. The Heat are still in the hole, but its gonna be fun watching them fight back. Its the beginning of a new dynasty. Heat in 7, I'm callin' mine.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#4)
When in Rome...

June 14, 2006, 09:31 AM

Ok - I have to unleash now.

I'll give you Shaq and Wade (although I won't give you D-Wade being anything to hold a candle to Jordan, but I'm not even going to argue about that).

Antoine Walker - we (Dallas) are SO GLAD that he is playing for Miami, the dude is a choke artist supreme. He has a tendency to throw the ball to people who are either not on his team or who are sitting in the stands enjoying some basketball spectating. He rarely passes the ball to a person wearing the same color shirt as him. He also looks like a panda bear.

J Williams is the quintessential Sacramento Kings thug - evidenced by the fact that he's been thrice suspended for smoking dope. That isn't the sign of a star player, it's the sign of someone too stupid to realize that they shouldn't get high the night before a drug test. He is one of the most inconsistent players in this series as well.

Mourning is big and slow and worthless, sorry buddy, I'm glad you got a new kidney, but your comeback has been lackluster at best.

Payton shot 10% last night and is a bum who will now claim to have been a part of the Heat effort to win two games in the NBA finals because he hit one clutch shot (one shot, all night).

Now, we look at the Mavs:

Dirk is the best player in this series, he creates impossible-to-fix matchup problems because he's the best shooter on the floor and he is 7 feet tall.

Terry is just emerging and will become even better. He's not as good as Wade, that's for sure, but he's certainly better than anyone else that the heat can stick into the guard spot.

Harris is unstoppable for the 5-7 times in the game when he decides to drive to the basket, he's much faster than Wade and runs around the defense like they are cemented to the court.

Stackhouse is the best points-off-the-bench man in the NBA, and he will drop in 20 sometime during this series. The three 3's in a row in game two was evidence of his greatness.

Howard is a Wade stopper. He stopped Wade in college and he'll do it on Thursday. He's also the future for the mavs and should be their number one re-sign priority this year (before Terry). He isn't a specialty player so he doesn't get the airtime that Terry gets, but he's much better at doing everything.

Diop/Dampier combo, I will take those two over one Shaq any day. They combined have outrebounded Shaq in every game thus far this series and only been outscored in one game (3) and that was only by two points. Diop is a better defender than Shaq, hands down. Until this series I would have told you Damp was worthless, but he's been clutch clutch clutch against the Diesel. Basically, we have our own Shaq in those two, but ours has 12 fouls to give instead of 6.

Griffen is a better defender than Haslem, who has really been the laughing stock of the series and it's probably good for his career that he got injured so that he has an excuse come time to re-sign a contract.

I love trash talking about basketball, but I do think the Mavs are the best team in the NBA this year and that the Mavs, Suns, Spurs and maybe even the Lakers or Clippers would have beaten Detroit or Miami. East just didn't have it this year. I will eat crow if I'm wrong when all is said and done.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

Unread
  (#5)
I'm an Asshole

June 14, 2006, 09:36 AM

Had to stop you at Payton.

He shot 100% last night. His only shot was in the 4th quarter when he drained the cluth two pointer with 4 seconds left.

Last edited by griffindj; June 14, 2006 at 09:38 AM..
Unread
  (#6)
When in Rome...

June 14, 2006, 09:41 AM

you're right, he shot 1-9 in the previous game.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

Unread
  (#7)
I'm an Asshole

June 14, 2006, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcDesmo
you're right, he shot 1-9 in the previous game.
Wrong again. That was his first field goal of the Finals.

And Dirk is the shit. He is the best shooter in the series. That being said, the best player is Wade. His driving ability, jumper, and ability to take control of a game make him the best.

Dallas' double team has controlled Shaq so far in the series. But he's doing everything right. It was his shooters in games 1 and 2 that let him down. And its not hard to out rebound and out score someone when you're adding up the stats of two men. Jordan dropped 40 against the Jazz, but Russel and Shandon Anderson prolly had 20 pts. each. What's you're point? That two dallas players are as good as Shaq? I might even concede that to you, but facts are Shaq is still better than Diop and Dampier, although Dampier has had two real good games, Shaq has had two bad ones.

Last edited by griffindj; June 14, 2006 at 09:59 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
When in Rome...

June 14, 2006, 09:50 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260611006

sorry dude but that's not true, this is the box score from the game.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

Unread
  (#9)
I'm an Asshole

June 14, 2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcDesmo
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260611006

sorry dude but that's not true, this is the box score from the game.
Looks like ESPN needs to get their facts Straight. Cause I got my info from this write up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260613014

MIAMI -- Gary Payton picked the absolute perfect time to make his first bucket of the NBA Finals, and Dirk Nowitzki picked the worst time to turn into Shaq at the foul line.
Unread
  (#10)
When in Rome...

June 14, 2006, 10:06 AM

strange. last night when he hit that they said "before this he's been one for nine", so I was pretty sure he had hit something before that one.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

June 14, 2006, 10:50 AM

Dallas in 5. That's coming from a lifelong Laker fan and big Shaq supporter. Miami just doesnt have the squad Dallas does. I think, clearly, that Dallas is the best team in the league this year. They probably should have swept this series, and likely would have, had Dirk not clanked that free throw late in the game last night. I guess we'll all see in a few days how this plays out. The beauty of sports is that anything can happen, but I'm going with Dallas in 5.

B

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

June 14, 2006, 10:51 AM

But having said that, D-Wade is a BEAST!!

Quote:

Quote:

Unread
  (#13)
I'm an Asshole

June 15, 2006, 11:08 PM

Series tied 2-2. Care to rethink your predictions? Don't doubt the big man.

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

June 18, 2006, 11:57 PM

Man, I'm eatin that crow now and it taste like ...

...ummm....uhhh...okay, Dallas in 7

Quote:

Quote:

Unread
  (#15)
I'm an Asshole

June 19, 2006, 12:04 AM

Its gettin hot in hurrrrrr

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)