DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 286
1 members and 285 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Black Men In Pain
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

Black Men In Pain - September 28, 2013, 05:30 AM

Opinion: Black men in pain need our help - CNN.com

Hey if you're a black mass murderer apparently you get an op-ed stuffed full of empathy for killing people. Amusing form of racism.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
TNT
GP Champ

September 28, 2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Editor's note: Michaela Angela Davis, a writer and activist, was the executive fashion, beauty and culture editor at Essence, editor in chief of Honey magazine and fashion director for Vibe magazine.
All you need to know right there. Next, I hope she tackles future energy and food production strategies.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

September 28, 2013, 09:18 AM

Pathetic that she would lob this grenade right now. Suicide is the number 3 and 2 killer in the US across the board by age group 10 - 34.

I guess we need to dump more gubberment money at it.

It is still the #4 on the list from 35 - 55. I guess we should feel sorry for those folks too?

If the idea of pain in the black male community isn't defined or recognized, it is not because of any outside societal influences or pressures. The Hip Hop community has defined itself how it has wanted to be characterized. I would argue it is the lowest common denominator and certainly not representative of what is good and right in this world or what young men should aspire to but they control the narrative now.
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

September 28, 2013, 09:41 AM

It's Michaela Davis. Why is anyone surprised?
This is about on par with posting the latest op-ed from Glenn Beck.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Meh

September 28, 2013, 09:55 AM

Because it isn't surprising or because you say it is similar to a Glenn Beck posting doesn't make it any less pathetic.

It also doesn't any less demonstrate what I think is a complete lack of accountability in our society today.
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

September 28, 2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Because it isn't surprising or because you say it is similar to a Glenn Beck posting doesn't make it any less pathetic.

It also doesn't any less demonstrate what I think is a complete lack of accountability in our society today.
The point is this is what happens when you let them out of the kitchen.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Derpentine Dealer

September 28, 2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
All you need to know right there. Next, I hope she tackles future energy and food production strategies.
Dang you, I was copying that and really looking forward to pasting it and saying, "yep, all the credentials to convince me."

On a serious note, she sort of has a point, but she presents it in a very obnoxious way. How can she get away with saying white people look like they want to kill themselves? But subtle racism aside, I think everyone is quite aware there is a problem. Perhaps someone ought to suggest some solutions for once.

Easier said than done though. We obviously have great social ills in this country. However, that's about where the analogy to medicine ends. In medicine, we tend to agree on the treatment but disagree on the diagnosis. When addressing societal ills, we reverse it. In sociology, we agree on the diagnosis and disagree on the treatment.

You guys know this is coming from me already. The widespread advancement of secularization has created deep and dangerous despair and neuroticism that increasingly drives the marginalized to see no other choice but than to go out with a bigger and bigger bang. Freud, Marx, and Darwin had their shot, and we're only getting worse. Only a return to faith in Christ can turn the tide. Only a spiritual revival can slow our downward collapse into violence and despair.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; September 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM..