DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
4 members and 551 guests
davidcycle, RideUniverse, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Blackberry Desktop Manager 6 - Leaked
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Blackberry Desktop Manager 6 - Leaked - July 28, 2010, 09:48 AM

For the few BB Desktop Users...

Blackberry Desktop Manager 6 - Beta Leak

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
T.R.I.T.D.H

July 28, 2010, 10:00 AM

sorry...this is a laughing matter...I jumped the BB ship with the droid....

other people are leaking new PHONE technology...and BB is leaking software that only operates on your PC?????

What game do they even think they are playing?

Don't get me wrong. BB was great to me...but their lack of development on phone tech rubbed me wrong.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Its me bytches..

July 28, 2010, 10:11 AM

BB has 2 things still going for it. Corp/Gov clients.. and the business image those clients portray for those products. Want to get taken serious in a business meeting?? Pull out your Blackberry. Use a BB and you understand immediately why its so adored in the corporate world. That battery life, physical keyboard, rugged design and standard connectors insure it works anywhere and at anytime.

On the consumer side of the house they are falling like a rock to full face touchscreen devices with mega multimedia features either running iOS4 and Android. The only compelling BB feature for the consumer is Blackberry Messenger. Considering that only works with other Blackberry users and most people now have unlimited SMS text plans.. that feature wont be considered compelling much longer.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Daekwan Send a message via AIM to Daekwan  
Unread
  (#4)
Owner & Creator

July 28, 2010, 10:14 AM

BB- more of a business type phone
iphone more of a media type phone that can use note and exchange etc.. through 3rd party.
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

July 28, 2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
BB- more of a business type phone
iphone more of a media type phone that can use note and exchange etc.. through 3rd party.
Basically. Land Rover vs Porsche. Different needs. Different core client base.
I need a LR for my daily duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
sorry...this is a laughing matter...I jumped the BB ship with the droid....

other people are leaking new PHONE technology...and BB is leaking software that only operates on your PC?????

What game do they even think they are playing?

Don't get me wrong. BB was great to me...but their lack of development on phone tech rubbed me wrong.
This is only a sync manager if you DON'T happen to be on a Enterprise server which will do it all wirelessly.

BB is still way ahead of the game on wireless data transfer. It does it natively. With Iphone and Evo/Droid, you have to buy all kinds of funky apps.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#6)
Ton Up!

July 28, 2010, 10:55 AM

BB FTMFW!! Rocking a BB 9630 Enterprise. Seamless synchorinization with Exchange.

IPhones are for poofs!

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#7)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

July 28, 2010, 11:10 AM

What's a Blackberry?
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

July 28, 2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post
BB has 2 things still going for it. Corp/Gov clients.. and the business image those clients portray for those products. Want to get taken serious in a business meeting?? Pull out your Blackberry. Use a BB and you understand immediately why its so adored in the corporate world. That battery life, physical keyboard, rugged design and standard connectors insure it works anywhere and at anytime.

On the consumer side of the house they are falling like a rock to full face touchscreen devices with mega multimedia features either running iOS4 and Android. The only compelling BB feature for the consumer is Blackberry Messenger. Considering that only works with other Blackberry users and most people now have unlimited SMS text plans.. that feature wont be considered compelling much longer.
Check out BB v6.0 O/S which will be on the new 9800 Slider.
It's almost on par with Android.

BB is listening. It's just that they have a legacy support they need to be sensitive too that doesn't allow them to just up and make radical changes to everything.

Droid/Iphone have been out for 2-3 years (compared to BB's 10+) with almost no legacy issues to work around or support which gives them a fresh sheet of paper to work from.

But to everyone points, I'm giving RIM about another generation of devices to catch up and get on the ball with the direction of handsets or else I may be forced to change.

Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

July 28, 2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS View Post
What's a Blackberry?
The phone that doesn't drop calls when you hold it.

Unread
  (#10)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 29, 2010, 06:57 AM

BB makes great phones, maybe not the greatest (which is subjective anyway) but none-the-less great phones. I know few people who complain about their BBs.

07' Ninja 650
99' Ninja 500 (sold)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Howie Dewit

July 29, 2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
BB makes great phones, maybe not the greatest (which is subjective anyway) but none-the-less great phones. I know few people who complain about their BBs.

ya i hated my blackberry storm, that phone blew ass. its also why i went to the iphone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Colt  
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

July 29, 2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
ya i hated my blackberry storm, that phone blew ass. its also why i went to the iphone.
RIM will even admit the Storm sucked. It was their first (hurried) attempt at a full touch screen phone, which in turn Verizon dictated features and crippled (no Wifi, everything goes through their browser) etc.

Unread
  (#13)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 29, 2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
LOL true, exception for the sucky Storm. Their other phones are solid.

07' Ninja 650
99' Ninja 500 (sold)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Mojito Anyone?

July 29, 2010, 10:04 AM

I hhave a storm.. I like my storm.. I don't have problems with my storm..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#15)
Howie Dewit

July 29, 2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
I hhave a storm.. I like my storm.. I don't have problems with my storm..
was it the first release? i got mine when they first came out with the first version of the firmware. that damn thing would lock up me until i pulled the battery out and then it would take 5 mins to come back up.

soo i think i still have it anyone want to buy it? haha
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Colt