DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 549
1 members and 548 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Blackhatch
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Blackhatch - July 18, 2006, 12:22 PM

http://priuschat.com/Hybrid-Racing-stories-t16201.html

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 12:35 PM

The first post is the best I think:

Quote:
Hey all,
not how many of you have done this, but i have found it interesting and amusing at times how many people you can get to race you in your eco car prius, i know i know it isnt what its ment to do but come on, the car has an insane amount of torque of the line and i just wanted to see what if any has any one else raced and what were the results of that.
me personaly here is my best recolection

honda civic del sol vs. Toyota prius
Victory for the prius(did this one up in sanmateo on the elcomeeno(sp?) about 2 stoplights away from the merge into one lane heading north .)

crotch rocket(i think it was a kawasaki.. but my recolection on what kind of jap sport bike it was is not so good ) vs prius
prius kept up with the bike through the first gear (did this one over in freemont CA heading twords the dumbarton bridge)

Mustang GT 5.0 VS. prius
(a personal note on this one, it was an up hill and around a curve race) Victory for the prius
(location Canada College Farm hill blvd entrence heading up to the college)

havent managed to find a element to race though i would realy love to.. alright thats my story so far

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

July 18, 2006, 01:30 PM

I don't know about the Mustang victory, however, the ole Prius does have about 210 HP equivalent on tap when both the electric motor and gas are working in tandem at full throttle. Its no slouch.

It would spank a purple truck....or a black one for that matter.

While getting an average of 50+ mpg.

Woot...!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 01:34 PM

Whatever dude! Next time i see you, ill race you to the speedlimit from a stoplight...

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#5)
I'm an Asshole

July 18, 2006, 01:35 PM

go hug a tree

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#6)
I'm an Asshole

July 18, 2006, 01:36 PM

ain't no way that egg on wheels beat a mustang.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#7)
Knee Draggin!

July 18, 2006, 01:38 PM

the rider on the bike wasn't racing. if he was, the driver in the prius shud have just run him over because he sucks.

i dont care
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

July 18, 2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
I don't know about the Mustang victory, however, the ole Prius does have about 210 HP equivalent on tap when both the electric motor and gas are working in tandem at full throttle. Its no slouch.

It would spank a purple truck....or a black one for that matter.

While getting an average of 50+ mpg.

Woot...!!!
I worked in the svc dept for a while at toyota (now honda) the prius has gobs of torque but 0-60 times are still god awful like 14 secs or somethin crazy like that but they never get stuck in snow......

and if you truly get 50mpg u r one of the truly lucky ones avg is 38-42 and they have a rubber bladder for a fuel tank that swells and shrinks and fuel gages suck so u can run out of gas and show fuel left... few more years and all the tweaks will make it a better car....

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"

Last edited by FUNx1000; July 18, 2006 at 01:43 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 01:41 PM

My offer still stands when im riding my mountain bike.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

July 18, 2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffindj
go hug a tree
NO DOUBT, every customer we had that drove a prius was wacked in the head one way or another..

" sir can u tell me at what speed with the ac on does the gas motor take over the reins"
(in the geekish voice possible mind u)

i mean they have some off the wall engineer geek questions im not kidding

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#11)
Asleep at the wheel!

July 18, 2006, 01:55 PM

Sounds to me like all the Prius drivers were the only ones that thought they were racing.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#12)
Meh

July 18, 2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNx1000
I worked in the svc dept for a while at toyota (now honda) the prius has gobs of torque but 0-60 times are still god awful like 14 secs or somethin crazy like that but they never get stuck in snow......

and if you truly get 50mpg u r one of the truly lucky ones avg is 38-42 and they have a rubber bladder for a fuel tank that swells and shrinks and fuel gages suck so u can run out of gas and show fuel left... few more years and all the tweaks will make it a better car....
That was first generation Prius. The second generation Prius is actually very low 10 seconds zero to 60.

I average a tick over 50mpg depending on the driving environment. I use the "pulse and glide" method which yields the best efficiency.

The bladder you refer to is a synthetic bladder that is designed to elimate fugitive emmissions. It works quite well and some people have had trouble filling their tanks to capacity in the cooler months. Summer time is warm and makes the fill up to capacity a snap.

I have not heard of any problems regarding people showing fuel and running out. Actually the opposite. The gas gauge is certainly not linear in it progression but what vehicles are.

I am very pleased with the overall quality and fit of the car. No complaints and over 33K in mileage in roughly 8 months.

That is predominant reason I bought it....Mileage and gas savings. HOV restrictions were a perk. Have fun filling up your gas guzzling pigs at the pump now that gas is back over $3 a gallon. Probably will be over $5 a gallon in less than 5 years. That is when you really take a beating. I have already earned back what the Prius has saved me in gas in the first 8 months of ownership.

I guess me not wanting to send money overseas or to Veneuzula (sp?) is being wierd right...?

Funniest thing is when a 6'6 and 250lb dude steps out of a Prius and peoples reaction.

What car are you compensating your manhood with griffindj....?
Unread
  (#13)
I'm an Asshole

July 18, 2006, 02:26 PM

A Mustang Convertible

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
T

Funniest thing is when a 6'6 and 250lb dude steps out of a Prius and peoples reaction.

haha, that was what my fiance said. Man he is so BIG in that little car...
No wisecracks bitch

You know i dont knock you for why you drive it. Just what you said above and I know your mustang. Thought it was related.

Good info, didnt know about the bladder gas tank..

Low 10's???? come on, that has got to be

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
I'm an Asshole

July 18, 2006, 02:30 PM

And no matter how much money you save, you'd have to pay me money to drive around in a prius.

Why don't I just get a VW Beetle.

-U-R-Gay (unsigned)