DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 503
1 members and 502 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOLO: Koi special
Unread
  (#1)
Eddie would go ...

BOLO: Koi special - June 29, 2013, 04:50 PM

all the pretty fishes...gone....

400 Valuable Koi Fish Stolen from Park Pond in Virginia
By ALANA ABRAMSON | Good Morning America

Two men who posed as pond maintenance workers have scooped 400 valuable koi fish out of a Virginia park, and are now the targets of their own dragnet.
Between June 8 and June 16, according to a news release from the Fairfax Police Department, two men went into Dulles Corner Park in Virginia at least four times and used nets to take the fish out of the pond and scoop them into coolers.

They told anyone who asked that they were pond maintenance workers who were removing the unhealthy fish and leaving the healthy ones in the pond, the police said.

Master Police Officer Eddy Azcarate, a spokesperson for the Fairfax Police Department, told ABC News that the act is being treated as a grand larceny and the Fair Oaks Police District is conducting an investigation.
Azcarate explained that, under Virginia law, any act of larceny where the value of the object stolen exceeds $200 is treated as grand larceny, which is a felony in Virginia.

There are multiple color combinations of koi, and they range in size from three to 24 inches, according to the website of the Olympic Koi, Goldfish & Water Garden Club, a non-profit organization dedicated to the care of Koi fish. Koi are raised in Japan, Singapore, Israel, and several American states.
David Dec, the owner of Koi Fish Ponds in Denver, Colo., which sells koi and pond equipment, said that koi can cost thousands of dollars, particularly if they are 3 feet long. It would be cheap, he said, for a foot-long koi to cost $130. The cheapest koi would sell for approximately $10.

According to Dec's calculations, the value of the stolen fish would automatically exceed $200.
"Stealing 400 Koi fish would take a lot of work and preparation," Dec said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.

Last edited by Dutch; June 29, 2013 at 04:54 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
watch this!...

June 29, 2013, 06:13 PM

sounds fishy...
Unread
  (#3)
Commute racer

June 29, 2013, 06:26 PM

Where is the black fish market?
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

June 29, 2013, 06:44 PM

#7 Seafood Platter at your local off-brand Asian restaurant just went on special.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Eddie would go ...

June 29, 2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
#7 Seafood Platter at your local off-brand Asian restaurant just went on special.
things taste horrible

400 koi is not something you keep in buckets in your garage. Apparently they had trucks with coolers etc. Made to order job for large pet supply co?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#6)
watch this!...

June 29, 2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
things taste horrible

400 koi is not something you keep in buckets in your garage. Apparently they had trucks with coolers etc. Made to order job for large pet supply co?
online sales.
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

June 30, 2013, 12:13 AM

koi can sell for much more than 130$

I would be surprised if they catch these dudes.
Unread
  (#8)
Squid Hunter

June 30, 2013, 02:33 PM

They will get caught in a matter of time. They have cameras in front of the hotel that these guys attempted to block, but they have other footage. The amount of Koi they stole from that pond is well into the thousands.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Eweezy  
Unread
  (#9)
250 cc's of awesomeness

June 30, 2013, 03:06 PM

Damn! I've done some tree work for a guy in Woodbridge with a 15' deep Koi pond in his back yard. He had some beautiful and very large fish in there. I remember him telling me it's easy for Koi to go for thousands of dollars.

I also have a Koi on my left arm.
Unread
  (#10)
God of the Gaps

June 30, 2013, 07:50 PM

That was near my office.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

July 1, 2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance View Post
koi can sell for much more than 130$

I would be surprised if they catch these dudes.
as much as??? $130 will get you a decent fish at about 7 inches.

Them fucking things can go for thousands.. Especially the more vibrant ones.

I inherited a fish pond when i bought my house in 2005. Last year was the 1st year I finally got the light bulb on what to do with my pond to keep it healthy. Shit is a PIA...

KOI is big business..lol

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#12)
I'm a llama again!

July 1, 2013, 09:26 AM

That's fucked up.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
Unread
  (#13)
No more 1050 :(

July 1, 2013, 10:44 AM

at people who pay lots of $$ for goldfish
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

July 1, 2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
at people who pay lots of $$ for goldfish
koi..not gold fish.. fuker..

well really, ascetically pleasing carp.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud