DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 257
1 members and 256 guests
Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Border security
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

Border security - March 28, 2006, 08:46 AM

A while ago I wrote about the probability of attack, as well as location and type... here you go...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/27/rad...ing/index.html

The good thing is that they are doing these tests and finding weaknesses, this is why I like to ride my bike to work as much as possible... think of the devastation of this bomb in Metro Center.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

March 28, 2006, 09:07 AM

This is Shocking, It seems that that people will find a way to cause more terror to Americans
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#3)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

March 28, 2006, 09:09 AM

You figure a bike can get outta Dodge faster than a cage? I don't disagree. I just hadn't thought of it like that.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

March 28, 2006, 09:11 AM

IF this was true wouldn't it upset you that it is made public like this sparking idea. I stress the word IF.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

March 28, 2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
IF this was true wouldn't it upset you that it is made public like this sparking idea. I stress the word IF.
Someone, somewhere will get through... the only reason a chem agent or dirty bomb attack hasn't been effected is because of this testing... this is a bone they are throwing the public but this kind of thing is constantly going on.

Eventually someone will get through though, I am not a person prone to hype but I think the Metro is a massive target, and when the shit goes down the traffic is going to be horrendous, and I'm going to be on the shoulder... my next commuter is going to be a dual sport.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#6)
Groundhogs can play dead

March 28, 2006, 09:31 AM

Everyone and their dog will be on the shoulder with you. But at least you can take the sidewalks.
True or not, if someone wants to get something in the country, they will. And if they can't, they'll acquire it here. "If there's a will, there's a way" applies to bad guys, too. We're all bikers, we all know about calculated risk and that risk actually making us change our lifestyles (in reference to the threat of devastation and the desire to leave the area).

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)

March 28, 2006, 09:37 AM

I already said you can't prevent, you can only deter.

so blah blah blah.... The bunch of experts you guys are.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#8)
Spike

March 28, 2006, 09:41 AM

I choose not to worry about this stuff. You can't live forever and if a bomb like that really does go off, there's no way in hell you're going to outrun it. Just live a happy life and don't worry about bombs going off unless the guy in the cube next to you just ate Taco Bell!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#9)
Groundhogs can play dead

March 28, 2006, 09:43 AM

I've kinda talked to Ben about this: choosing which things in life to worry about or let affect you. There are so many things (bad things) going on in the world that you simply cannot let all of them affect you. This bomb threat thing is something I choose not to worry about.

Tanya
Unread
  (#10)

March 28, 2006, 09:46 AM

I worry all the time. I wake up screaming at night with cold sweats.

That and dwarves scare the bejesus out of me.

They

Unread
  (#11)

March 28, 2006, 09:46 AM

I worry all the time. I wake up screaming at night with cold sweats.

That and dwarves scare the bejesus out of me.

They are so little and creepy.

Unread
  (#12)
B
It goes to 11.

March 28, 2006, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I already said you can't prevent, you can only deter.

so blah blah blah.... The bunch of experts you guys are.
It's actually my job... in 8 years I probably WILL be an "expert"...

For now I just calculate the risk.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#13)
DT
Yesssssss.....

March 28, 2006, 10:00 AM

You have a better chance of dying in a motorcycle related accident than you do dying from a terrorist attack

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop it, predict it, or prevent it. Only thing you can do is live your life accordingly so you have a clear conscious when you do go.

There's only one thing that is 100% certain in this life and that's the fact that you're going to die. Everyone has their time, no one's going before, after or cheating death either. I can't prevent, help prevent, or stop someone who REALLY wants to get a nuclear weapon into this country at all. Solution: I just don't worry about it.

People nowadays are pushed into this fear-driven mode at ALL times. Notice how the government tactfully inserts these "new findings" or "new holes in security found" every six months or so??? It's so the government can raise taxes to insure new programs are in "place" to insure your safety. As long as these new safety measures are creating jobs for Americans I'm all about it BUT...

You have no idea when, where or how I'm going to die. So injecting a bunch of well-placed fear propaganda every few months or so into the veins of America insures only one thing. The weak get addicted and TOTALLY dependent on the government for everything - the rest of us tell them to fuck off. This is the first step, fear. Notice now how they're telling you how "fat" your kid is at school and holding you accountable?? Thanks to 911, the U.S. government has free reign to pull the "standby - the terrorists are OUT there and they're coming!!!" at any time, any day, and the American public trembles in fear and does whatever the government wants. Did you know they are starting to push injecting microchips under children's skin in wealthier communities for "safety." Find your child at any time!!!

Fear is instrumental in complete dominance of large groups of people. Some dictators rule by "fear of them", American corporations and politicians rule by fear of the unknown and place themselves as the knights on white horses.

Just do your homework before you buy into some bullshit you read on any type of media vehicle. Could the terrorists come??? Anytime. Someone could be setting up a nuclear bomb in downtown D.C. as you're reading this?? Absolutely and there is nothing you can do about that. The sooner people realize that they have no control over their time of death, the sooner those above us lose control over us. The most effective weapon, greater than organized religion, is organized fear. Teach people that this life is everything, you only get ONE shot and that's it, and then instill in them this fear of death and that they can control when they die... you have created the ultimate control of the masses.

If it doesn't involve money, there is no interest anymore. The entire world is losing moral ethics and concern for their fellow man. Could a nuclear weapon go off?? Absolutely. It would just be VERY interesting to see who would get the contract for the cleanup, and further prevention of any "future" attacks. Not to mention the private corporations that would make millions off of helping the radio-active, stricken Washingtonian's who survived the nuclear blast with their medications and amazingly "newfound" cures for radiation poisoning.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#14)
Groundhogs can play dead

March 28, 2006, 10:48 AM

Off topic:

DT: You have a PM!

Tanya
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

March 28, 2006, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT
You have a better chance of dying in a motorcycle related accident than you do dying from a terrorist attack

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop it, predict it, or prevent it. Only thing you can do is live your life accordingly so you have a clear conscious when you do go.

There's only one thing that is 100% certain in this life and that's the fact that you're going to die. Everyone has their time, no one's going before, after or cheating death either. I can't prevent, help prevent, or stop someone who REALLY wants to get a nuclear weapon into this country at all. Solution: I just don't worry about it.

People nowadays are pushed into this fear-driven mode at ALL times. Notice how the government tactfully inserts these "new findings" or "new holes in security found" every six months or so??? It's so the government can raise taxes to insure new programs are in "place" to insure your safety. As long as these new safety measures are creating jobs for Americans I'm all about it BUT...

You have no idea when, where or how I'm going to die. So injecting a bunch of well-placed fear propaganda every few months or so into the veins of America insures only one thing. The weak get addicted and TOTALLY dependent on the government for everything - the rest of us tell them to fuck off. This is the first step, fear. Notice now how they're telling you how "fat" your kid is at school and holding you accountable?? Thanks to 911, the U.S. government has free reign to pull the "standby - the terrorists are OUT there and they're coming!!!" at any time, any day, and the American public trembles in fear and does whatever the government wants. Did you know they are starting to push injecting microchips under children's skin in wealthier communities for "safety." Find your child at any time!!!

Fear is instrumental in complete dominance of large groups of people. Some dictators rule by "fear of them", American corporations and politicians rule by fear of the unknown and place themselves as the knights on white horses.

Just do your homework before you buy into some bullshit you read on any type of media vehicle. Could the terrorists come??? Anytime. Someone could be setting up a nuclear bomb in downtown D.C. as you're reading this?? Absolutely and there is nothing you can do about that. The sooner people realize that they have no control over their time of death, the sooner those above us lose control over us. The most effective weapon, greater than organized religion, is organized fear. Teach people that this life is everything, you only get ONE shot and that's it, and then instill in them this fear of death and that they can control when they die... you have created the ultimate control of the masses.

If it doesn't involve money, there is no interest anymore. The entire world is losing moral ethics and concern for their fellow man. Could a nuclear weapon go off?? Absolutely. It would just be VERY interesting to see who would get the contract for the cleanup, and further prevention of any "future" attacks. Not to mention the private corporations that would make millions off of helping the radio-active, stricken Washingtonian's who survived the nuclear blast with their medications and amazingly "newfound" cures for radiation poisoning.
More money for cops, more money for Government, more moeny for the disenfranchisement of the American public as they proudly wave thier flags, not knowing what they actually bought with thier freedom wasn't just an illusion of safety but also one step closer to soft dictatorship. We can now be accosted inside our own homes with no warrant or reason, America will soon have a disclaimer under "Land of the free, home of the brave" in small letters reading.

"you have no expectation of privacy"

Fear of death is what prompts politicians to set up sobriety checkpoints for better death percentages to run on instead of educating the public, bolstering public transit, and dealing with the fact that more people die from falling asleep at the wheel than intoxication...

SV650s for SALE!!!