DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 140
1 members and 139 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
BP STOCK
Unread
  (#1)
Mojito Anyone?

BP STOCK - July 1, 2010, 09:44 AM

buy buy buy...has been on the rise for the last few days.. i got in at 27.. almost at 30 today already..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#2)
I got a need for Speed!_!

July 1, 2010, 10:22 AM

Good Luck on that, was about $60 in April, now upper $20's. I wouldn't touch it, could drop to $15 by September if the Gulf gets a few hurricane's.

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#3)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 1, 2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespectralsorrows View Post
Good Luck on that, was about $60 in April, now upper $20's. I wouldn't touch it, could drop to $15 by September if the Gulf gets a few hurricane's.
When the investigations, lawsuits, and clean up costs start rolling in, they are in for one huge bill.

Although, there are some big fluctuations recently so you could probably take some risk and make quick cash. I personally don't think its worth it.

2008 Ninja 250r
2006 GSXR-600
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to tiblot  
Unread
  (#4)
Groping is a skill...

July 1, 2010, 10:55 AM

Buy if the US govt starts leaning towards picking up some of the check. I'm still banging my head about BoA.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
I hate Hybrid drivers

July 1, 2010, 10:57 AM

I give him props for having the balls. I thought about buying 1,000 FORD stock when it was $2.55. I chickened out. Had I purchased them, today they would be worth $10,300, a profit of $7,750, which is a 303% increase.

Pisses me off. I set up a mock purchase in my Google Portfolio and look at it to remind me what I missed out on.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

July 1, 2010, 11:25 AM

Fuck BP. I can't believe you want to consider yourself part of the company that has ruined not only so many lives on the gulf coast and soon to be east coast, but will devesate that eco system for decades to come all becuase they wanted to save money. Remember, they made those terrible decesions becuase of shareholders like you. Congratulations on being part of the problem. Having anything to do with a company that is responsible for the largest oil spill in history is sickening.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

July 1, 2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSOVER9000 View Post
Fuck BP. I can't believe you want to consider yourself part of the company that has ruined not only so many lives on the gulf coast and soon to be east coast, but will devesate that eco system for decades to come all becuase they wanted to save money. Remember, they made those terrible decesions becuase of shareholders like you. Congratulations on being part of the problem. Having anything to do with a company that is responsible for the largest oil spill in history is sickening.
The biggest problem is you, the consumer of oil. All decisions were made to supply you with power you can afford to do the things you believe you have a right to do.

I love Monday morning quarterbacks. Don't you?

And I would think BP is a pretty decent buy right now. The media seems to have tired of the doom and gloom. I think any big news you'll see will only be positive. We all know this won't cost them a dime in settlements until 10 years from now when the lawyers are engorged and done sucking blood out of them.

'02 SV-650S track bike (for sale, but in Shreveport, LA)
'05 Yamaha TTR-125L
'94 Dodge Viper RT/10
other boring stuff

Last edited by mangle; July 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mangle  
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

July 1, 2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
buy buy buy...has been on the rise for the last few days.. i got in at 27.. almost at 30 today already..
I have been entertaining the idea as well, I need to figure out when I should pull the trigger on the purchase.
Unread
  (#9)
Ton Up!

July 1, 2010, 11:48 AM

When there's blood on the streets...buy property!

Buy! Buy! Buy!

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#10)
TPG og

July 1, 2010, 12:07 PM

Yeah I'd be careful with that John..... think right now BP's popularity falls somewhere between canker sores and black liquorice. If congress raises the libaility gap (which could happen with huge public outcry for Tony Heywards head) it wouldn't be good for stockholders. But hey, things could turn around and you could get a huge profit. Who knows, good luck man!

I'mma invest in Iphone antenna boosters
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#11)
Licensed Rider

July 1, 2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
The biggest problem is you, the consumer of oil. All decisions were made to supply you with power you can afford to do the things you believe you have a right to do.

I love Monday morning quarterbacks. Don't you?

And I would think BP is a pretty decent buy right now. The media seems to have tired of the doom and gloom. I think any big news you'll see will only be positive. We all know this won't cost them a dime in settlements until 10 years from now when the lawyers are engorged and done sucking blood out of them.
I am not the biggest problem. I do not consume enough oil that forces our entire country to be dependant on it for everything. I have never owned a SUV/Truck or otherwise completely fuel ineffecient vehicle for my purposes so I don't consider myself part of the problem. Yes I use oil but so does 100 percent of everyone else(whether they use a car or not). I don't buy gas from a BP station any longer. How am I a monday morning quarterbacking if I think its immoral to own or be part of a company that is reponsible for and has commited such atrocities? I would feel the same way about any other oil company who has demonstrated such carelessness at the corporate level. And this whole system was setup before I was even born. I'm not taking the blame for what society has gotten embedded in for the last 100 years
Unread
  (#12)
Groping is a skill...

July 1, 2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSOVER9000

I am not the biggest problem. I do not consume enough oil that forces our entire country to be dependant on it for everything. I have never owned a SUV/Truck or otherwise completely fuel ineffecient vehicle for my purposes so I don't consider myself part of the problem. Yes I use oil but so does 100 percent of everyone else(whether they use a car or not). I don't buy gas from a BP station any longer. How am I a monday morning quarterbacking if I think its immoral to own or be part of a company that is reponsible for and has commited such atrocities? I would feel the same way about any other oil company who has demonstrated such carelessness at the corporate level. And this whole system was setup before I was even born. I'm not taking the blame for what society has gotten embedded in for the last 100 years
Good point

I call it a tie.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

July 1, 2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSOVER9000 View Post
How are you anything but presumptuous to label them careless or anything else?

You expect to be able to drive anywhere you want at a price you can afford. Drilling for oil is the ONLY way to do that. Ergo, you are the problem.

'02 SV-650S track bike (for sale, but in Shreveport, LA)
'05 Yamaha TTR-125L
'94 Dodge Viper RT/10
other boring stuff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mangle  
Unread
  (#14)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 1, 2010, 12:23 PM

Its simply a way to make money. Thats why people buy the stock. You can't blame people for that since thats just how Wall Street works.

However, I wont buy their stock or gas & Honestly I hope they goto $0.

2008 Ninja 250r
2006 GSXR-600
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to tiblot  
Unread
  (#15)
Knee Draggin!

July 1, 2010, 12:27 PM

I put a short on them at $60.

08 CBR10RR8
NESBA - I #89