DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 563
3 members and 560 guests
CCS762ZX6, ReasonableDoubt, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

March 30, 2004, 02:44 PM

I am racing Hare Scrambles 4/4 at budds creek anyone else on here race mx or hs?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

March 30, 2004, 03:30 PM

What the heck is Hare Scrambles?
Sounds like a redneck breakfast..

j/k but seriously what is it?

Ride your ride and be safe this season.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rixride  
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

March 30, 2004, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixride
What the heck is Hare Scrambles?
Sounds like a redneck breakfast..

j/k but seriously what is it?
like motorcross, but the main difference is the typical course is 4 - 6 miles per lap, you run as many laps as you can in 2 hrs, contains nasty hill climbs, bogs, river crossing and rocks.... imo a lot harder then the typical two moto motorcross becuase you have to ride hard for two hours straight
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

March 30, 2004, 04:49 PM

Hey, a couple of my friends are racing that race. He is riding a xr650r with number 508

I might race, im not sure yet. I got an xr650r too.
Unread
  (#5)
MSF Student

March 31, 2004, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOrCh
Hey, a couple of my friends are racing that race. He is riding a xr650r with number 508

is your friend fast, I raced their last november and a guy with a xr650 parked next to me that was blazing fast, he had long blonde hair, forget his plate number, i know he walked away with a trophy,
Unread
  (#6)
Railing!

March 31, 2004, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetro1
Quote:

is your friend fast, I raced their last november and a guy with a xr650 parked next to me that was blazing fast, he had long blonde hair, forget his plate number, i know he walked away with a trophy,
Yeah, he is really fast. But its not the same guy. My friend is black , unless he was wearing a wig last time.

What are you riding?
Unread
  (#7)
MSF Student

March 31, 2004, 12:41 PM

i will be on an 04 crf450, will try to find a pic from the last race to post up, i am realativly slow, last race I only did 6 laps,
Unread
  (#8)
Railing!

March 31, 2004, 01:04 PM

Quote:
i will be on an 04 crf450, will try to find a pic from the last race to post up, i am realativly slow, last race I only did 6 laps,
I thought 6 laps was good? If I race, I dont expect to get very far. I just started riding in the dirt, and am pretty slow. But if I ride my own ride, then it should be fine.

I rode a 04 crf450r and that thing was sweet. It didnt have the torque my bike has, but it had way more snappy power. And I could ride it way faster than my xr. My 650 is a freight train, it feels heavy like one too.

Where do you usually ride around here?
Unread
  (#9)
MSF Student

April 2, 2004, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I thought 6 laps was good? If I race, I dont expect to get very far. I just started riding in the dirt, and am pretty slow. But if I ride my own ride, then it should be fine.

I rode a 04 crf450r and that thing was sweet. It didnt have the torque my bike has, but it had way more snappy power. And I could ride it way faster than my xr. My 650 is a freight train, it feels heavy like one too.

Where do you usually ride around here?
I just got back into it after about 12 years of being off the dirt, not many places around here, I am seriously starting to wonder if budds creek will be cancelled due to the rain, if not its going to be real scary
Unread
  (#10)
Railing!

April 2, 2004, 09:38 AM

Yeah, most of the guys Im thinking of going with say its going to be a mud pit. They say it does not drain well, and last time it rained there was 6 feet of mud between one of the doubles.

I might head out to tower city PA for some trail riding. Its 2.5 hours from here, but its a huge over 100mile of trail system.

There are MANY places to ride around here if you dont mind riding illegally. I do it all the time and its awesome.

checkout my website www.pileofgarbage.com and you can see some pics. Look at the lower section, because the top is just street rides.

Sportbikes are boring as shit compared to dirt riding. Honestly I dont feel like riding on the street anymore. Its just boring.

Im thinking of getting a ktm 525 or crf450, which would you recommend?
Unread
  (#11)
MSF Student

April 2, 2004, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Sportbikes are boring as sh*t compared to dirt riding. Honestly I dont feel like riding on the street anymore. Its just boring.

Im thinking of getting a ktm 525 or crf450, which would you recommend?
hey, finnaly someone who agrees with me, I have had my fun in the street, had my crashes, made my movie... seen all the carnage I care too, I am just not nearly as enthusistic about it as I used to be.... I will probably do some track days this year though....

the stuff in the dirt provides just as much adrenaline, but with half the danger... dont have to worry about getting run over while I am rolling around in the street

I have not ridden the 525, but I almost bought a used one up at jt motorsports, heard nothing but good things about it,

the crf450 is beast, I needed a powerful bike, I am pretty big at 6'3" and 230 lbs and it pulls great, plus its real light and I can throw it around like a gixxer
Unread
  (#12)
Railing!

April 4, 2004, 03:22 PM

How did you do man? I did 3 laps. the first lap wore me out

It was pretty crazy out there. What place did you come in? I came in 36 in the class
Unread
  (#13)
MSF Student

April 5, 2004, 02:36 PM

I didnt go, it had rained Saturday night and i felt it was going to be way to muddy, that place doesnt drain well, how bad was it, were there bottle necks on the hill climbs? How many people do you think were there?
Unread
  (#14)
Railing!

April 5, 2004, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I didnt go, it had rained Saturday night and i felt it was going to be way to muddy, that place doesnt drain well, how bad was it, were there bottle necks on the hill climbs? How many people do you think were there?
You missed out. Near perfect conditions. Check out madrider.com for a full ride report.

There were bottle necks in 1 section, where it was muddy. But people got around it fine.

I waited around a bottle neck for 30 mins. I could have done a lap or 2. But I needed to wait for them to clear because I did not want to drop a 300lbs bike on that hill. My bike does not start easy ya know.

I had fun, I am going to do a few more hare scrambles in the future. Enduros too.