DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 662
2 members and 660 guests
davidcycle, WvGoDFather
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
This burns my britches!
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

This burns my britches! - May 10, 2009, 12:59 PM

I had to start this thread and it may even turn political.

Why does it seem the more you make or better off you are, the worse or less likely it is to take advantage of things out there.

Some examples:

Income restricted housing
Student loan interest credit (make too much and you cant claim it)
2009 Housing credit (gotta make <75K if your single with no dependents)

I mean I pay ALL my taxes like the next mofo, but because I earn a little bit more than 75K I cant get credit for things I would normal do if I made less than 75K.

How do you feel about this. I just keep thinking about this and it burns me.

Now dont get me wrong. I do know I have more income than others and they may need the help, but Im just saying I should not be excluded because of my income.

Its not like I came into a landfall full of money. I worked hard to get to where I am at while others may or may not have and reep the benefits like gang busters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

May 10, 2009, 01:13 PM

Just be glad you make >75K.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Give me the Ban Button!

May 10, 2009, 01:14 PM

Your post stink of self loathing. Grab your balls if you still have them or at least the one you didnt loose in the divorce and get on with life. This may come as a surprise to you but life isn't fuck fair. Some people get better things than others cause of there job or because of there education or for no reason at all. The sooner you realize that,The sooner you can move on and make the best of what you have. This is how I read your posts today. I make to much money and am a cheep ass and it bothers me. However since I make this much money it is below me to live in a small apartment but I am going to bitch about the fact I make to much money to qualify for said apartment.

Ok I am done now. Thank you for reading

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

May 10, 2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
Your post stink of self loathing. Grab your balls if you still have them or at least the one you didnt loose in the divorce and get on with life. This may come as a surprise to you but life isn't fuck fair. Some people get better things than others cause of there job or because of there education or for no reason at all. The sooner you realize that,The sooner you can move on and make the best of what you have. This is how I read your posts today. I make to much money and am a cheep ass and it bothers me. However since I make this much money it is below me to live in a small apartment but I am going to bitch about the fact I make to much money to qualify for said apartment.

Ok I am done now. Thank you for reading
Then you didnt understand anything I said. No where did it say I think no one deserves it. I just stated that you dont issue out benefits for just a select few.

My grip is with credits (student loan, housing, blah blah). And when did I say it was below me to live in a small apartment? hmmm.. again putting words in my mouth.

What I said is typically people who make crazy money will not horde smaller apts to save money (thing scrooge). They will either get a larger apt (that fit their budgets) or buy. I know its hard to understand that, but read it again.

Im perfectly fine that way I do things, I just think the system is fucked up and treats those that make more unfairly. The system doesnt take into consideration on what that income is used for, only that it exceeds a certain amount.

Like I said, I dont know anyone who has 25000k sitting in the bank taking home 2000+ free and clear and living like they live pay check to pay check.

Thank you for not reading

Quote:
Stinky:
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#5)
It was me.

May 10, 2009, 01:25 PM

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

May 10, 2009, 01:29 PM

No drama here, I just am tired of people thinking that just because you make X amount that you must be Ballin'.
I know people who cannot get that 1st time home buys credit because of their imcome or got a good job because of education. God forbid they get a break on the loan interest credit like people who make less than 75K. Is it fair? no. Life isnt fair.

Dan acts as if I said, people who make less than 75K suck.

Quote:
Stinky:

Last edited by hfam95; May 10, 2009 at 01:31 PM..
Unread
  (#7)
It was me.

May 10, 2009, 01:35 PM

I'm a Nuff said.

www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
Unread
  (#8)
Give me the Ban Button!

May 10, 2009, 01:36 PM

I never said you didnt think anybody deserved anything or not? There are a lot of people like that. How the hell do you think they got 25000 in the bank. and since when do you not issue out benefits to a a select few. It happens all the time. Different people get different bennies because of there there sex,education,military service, it happens everyday thats just part of life. maybe you didnt say it was bellow you and I read it wrong. The place I am moving to you have to make a certain amount to live there if that fait or are they discriminating againt people who dont make enough but have a lot of money in savings to pay there bills.

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#9)
Give me the Ban Button!

May 10, 2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfam95 View Post

Thats not what I said at all. I dont like pitty parties and thats what I am getting from your posts

Unread
  (#10)
Spike

May 10, 2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Why does it seem the more you make or better off you are, the worse or less likely it is to take advantage of things out there.

Some examples:

I mean I pay ALL my taxes like the next mofo, but because I earn a little bit more than 75K I cant get credit for things I would normal do if I made less than 75K.

Now dont get me wrong. I do know I have more income than others and they may need the help, but Im just saying I should not be excluded because of my income.

Its not like I came into a landfall full of money. I worked hard to get to where I am at while others may or may not have and reep the benefits like gang busters.
If I made $75k I'd walk around with a smile on my face all the time! I know money isn't everything but it is the start to it!
I think today is just one of those 'under your skin' kind of days.
Try making $9/hr and still paying all your taxes and bills WITH a kid. Then come back and tell me what you think of affordable housing and student loans.
I couldn't even get help from the county cuz the waiting list is 5yrs long.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#11)
BE ENCOURAGED!

May 10, 2009, 01:39 PM

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#12)
Spike

May 10, 2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:

We do suck , just my opinion!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#13)
It was me.

May 10, 2009, 01:41 PM

All people suck.

www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
Unread
  (#14)
Say Jur Oh

May 10, 2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:

Some examples:

I think you're looking at it the wrong way, and are missing some of the details.

For starters, you can't extend these offers to everybody. Think about it. If everybody could get a $1500/mo apartment for $900/mo is it really a $1500/mo apartment?

Don't forget supply and demand. When there is demand for housing, that demand increases the price of the housing. Beanie Babies used to be worth $$ not because of their intrinsic value, only because of that huge demand for them. Now they aren't worth shit. It's the same bear, but now it's the same bear without demand, so they're cheap.

If all of the housing were available to all of the people, the demand from people like you and I would raise the cost of housing. That raise in cost would prevent lower income individuals from being able to find any housing they can afford.

The only way for there to be affordable lower income housing, is to "cut out" the demand from us who make over $X/year. Maybe you would not live in a 500sq/ft apt for $800/mo because you can afford more. But I would. I would because I know the power of saving money. I would take that savings straight to the bank, but I would also indirectly be preventing someone else who doesn't have a choice, from living in that apartment.

The side of things that I think you are missing;

Those people that would not have a place to live because they can not compete in a truly free housing market, would live on our streets. Just for the sake of nice neighborhoods, I want there to be income-limited developments so income-limited individuals have somewhere to go and aren't sleeping under my deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#15)
whoa preppy......

May 10, 2009, 02:41 PM

Those programs are to aid the less fortunate.

Apparently, you aren't seen as that from an income standpoint.

When I first bought a house in 2001, I was not elligible to wave my PMI. (due to income) I was kinda pissed. My sister in law and her husband made less money than my wife and I. They qualified to have PMI waived.

We made more money, therefore we were required to insure our home loan from default. A family who made decidely less money was allowed to waive it, yet it was apparent to me, that they were more of a risk.

Programs exist to help the needy, not reward those who are better off.

You think I like paying 28% income tax? It is what it is.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Closed Thread