DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 838
3 members and 835 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Buy American
Unread
  (#1)
Nubbs ban yourself!

Buy American - September 1, 2009, 10:34 AM

http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/ca...reign/?cid=800

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG og

September 1, 2009, 11:29 AM

Interesting how they build "imports" here. Glad they give Americans jobs. Whats the term...globilization or something like that? Heck they say the electronics in my Buell weren't made in Wisconsin, doubt the ones in my Fords were made in Detroit. More jobs in America is great, even if they're building got dang foreign cars!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#3)
Give me the Ban Button!

September 1, 2009, 11:57 AM

I dont think you could pay me to by a "BIG 3" car these days

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#4)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 1, 2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
Interesting how they build "imports" here. Glad they give Americans jobs. Whats the term...globilization or something like that? Heck they say the electronics in my Buell weren't made in Wisconsin, doubt the ones in my Fords were made in Detroit. More jobs in America is great, even if they're building got dang foreign cars!
Reality is even your Ford truck could be built in Mexico unless you check the vin!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#5)
What failure looks like

September 1, 2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
+1

I just can't bring myself to do it. There is not a single Big 3 car that interests me. Granted, the same applies for Toyota...not a single car appeals to me in their lineup.

Nissan/Infinity
Hyundai (Genesis Coupe)
Subaru
Mitsubishi

^^^all currently build cars that I want.

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#6)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 1, 2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
I don't know nubbs, I have had my issues with my nissan and my dodge truck is a soap opera itself!

This post was mostly just to say we can support our american men and women by buying more than just chevy, ford, dodge and harley.
Lots of cars we think of as foreign have 50% or more of them built right here and support many american families. If you find a honda accord you like, check the vin, make sure it was one built here in America and know that the money you spent goes to one of our own.
I am probably the least gungho person I know but right now we have to do all we can to help people right here as much as we can!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#7)
TPG Bannings: III

September 1, 2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
Reality is even your Ford focus could be built in Mexico unless you check the vin!

fixed that for ya.
Unread
  (#8)
I don't like you

September 1, 2009, 12:10 PM

All of my fords were built in the USA.

RIP Jeff Vega 10/06/09 You will forever ride on in our hearts
Unread
  (#9)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 1, 2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
fixed that for ya.
Ok, maybe it was Dodge Truck I was thinking of!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#10)
TPG og

September 1, 2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
fixed that for ya.
I drive the aF-150 more than anything else, pops wants to upgrade to the SVt Raptor F-150 anyways

Guess thats the world changing. We just gotta keep those Canadians out and we'll be good.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#11)
Crackdays for everyone!

September 1, 2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcooled View Post
+1

I just can't bring myself to do it. There is not a single Big 3 car that interests me. Granted, the same applies for Toyota...not a single car appeals to me in their lineup.

Nissan/Infinity
Hyundai (Genesis Coupe)
Subaru
Mitsubishi

^^^all currently build cars that I want.
But you also realize that you represent one of the smallest market shares. How is it that Toyota has been so successful with their line up? Like you there is nothing on there lot except for maybe the FJ that remotely makes me consider them for a car purchase. But they have built a name plate of reliability and have a line up of cars that appeal to the largest percentage of buyers.

Take a drive out to the middle of no where America to get some prospective on the American car market.

Matt K.
09 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ZX-Matt  
Unread
  (#12)
What failure looks like

September 1, 2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR Matt View Post
But you also realize that you represent one of the smallest market shares. How is it that Toyota has been so successful with their line up? Like you there is nothing on there lot except for maybe the FJ that remotely makes me consider them for a car purchase. But they have built a name plate of reliability and have a line up of cars that appeal to the largest percentage of buyers.

Take a drive out to the middle of no where America to get some prospective on the American car market.
I am familiar with the "majority of America" but since the Big 3 doesn't bother to appeal to me, and Toyota for that fact, I take my business elsewhere...not out of spite but out of necessity.

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#13)
I got a need for Speed!_!

September 1, 2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Toyota actually is in decline, they have suffered as much as the big 3 during the current downturn in car sales (Scion sales have dropped more then 50% from their peak). On the other hand Hyundai has surpassed Ford as the worlds 4th best selling brand and currently has just under 5% of the US market. BTW, I'd buy a Ford, Escape, Fusion and the upcoming Taurus models are nice.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#14)
Give me the Ban Button!

September 1, 2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
I don't know nubbs, I have had my issues with my nissan and my dodge truck is a soap opera itself!

This post was mostly just to say we can support our american men and women by buying more than just chevy, ford, dodge and harley.
Lots of cars we think of as foreign have 50% or more of them built right here and support many american families. If you find a honda accord you like, check the vin, make sure it was one built here in America and know that the money you spent goes to one of our own.
I am probably the least gungho person I know but right now we have to do all we can to help people right here as much as we can!
Good point I am sorry for steering its intent off track. I agree with you we need to take care of ourselves right now so buying anything would be a great help!!!

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#15)
Got my Permit

September 1, 2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Toyota builds reliable appliances that allow people to get from point A to B with the minimum amount of stress. There's not a whole lot more to it. There's plenty of cars from Ford and GM (not so much Chrysler) (for specifics, Ford Focus, Fusion, and Taurus, Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G8, and some others are all excellent at what they do, which is not be performance cars) that meet this, as well, it's just that they're still overcoming pretty poor reputations that they deserve from their awful 80s and 90s offering.

Anyway, if I had the cash for a new CTS-V, I'd be on that in a heartbeat.