DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
1 members and 544 guests
Taty
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Bye Bye M3 hellooooo...
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Bye Bye M3 hellooooo... - May 1, 2008, 10:48 AM

After much discussion with the wife, it was decided that we wanted a car to drive every day that gets better gas mileage.

The M3 was averaging 17 MPG, the F150 about the same and her 330i about 22MPG.

So, like chris and Karli, we joined the MINI crowd.

Below is a pretty good rep of what the car will look like.

We both like driving this car, so it was ordered and should get here mid june to beg july.

She did allow me to get some JCW upgrades. Tuning, suspension, and motor strut bar.

Make fun all you want, this car gets great MPG and it is fun as hell to drive.

Specs below:

2008 MINI Cooper S

Blank Line

Base MSRP*

$21,200

Destination & Handling

$650

Blank Line

PAINT

Mellow Yellow Body Color $0
White Turn Signals $100
Black Roof/Mirrors $0

Blank Line

PACKAGE

Convenience Package $1,500
Comfort Access System
Universal Garage Door Opener
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Rain Sensor and Auto Headlamps
Center Arm Rest
Leather Sport Wheel w/Multifunction
Comfort Bluetooth with USB/iPod Adapter
Premium Package $1,500
10-Speaker. Hi-Fi Sound System
Automatic AC
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Cold Weather Package $500
Heated Front Seats
Heated Powerfold Mirrors & Washer Jets

Blank Line

PERFORMANCE

16" S-Winders (Perf. Run Flats) STD
All Season Tires $0
Dynamic Stability Control $500
Front Fog Lamps STD
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash $500
Limited Slip Differential $500
6-Speed Getrag Manual STD
Rear Fog Lamp $100

Blank Line

COCKPIT

Anthracite Headliner $250
Cloth: Checkered Carbon Black/Black $0
Mellow Yellow Color Line $250
Interior Surface Brushed Alloy $250
Sport Seats STD
Park Distance Control $500
On-Board Computer STD

Blank Line

TOTAL MSRP AS CONFIGURED*

$28,300

Blank Line

ACCESSORY**

JCW Strut Brace (installation not incl.) $275
Driving lamps (installation not incl.) $510
Sport Stripes - black (installation not incl.) $85
JCW Sport Suspension (installation not incl.) $1,295

JCW Tuning Kit (installation not incl.) $2,100

Blank Line

TOTAL ACCESSORIES **

$4,265

TOTAL MSRP AS CONFIGURED*

$28,300

Blank Line

TOTAL COMBINED $32,565

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
I am a bitch, so what?

May 1, 2008, 10:52 AM

WOOHOOO!!!

I'm looking at the JCW upgrades on my next mini

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

May 1, 2008, 10:55 AM

I prob wont get the Aero kit, but Ill prob upgrade the brakes later..

Viki, check out the new JCW cooper coming out in 09 also..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Spike

May 1, 2008, 10:56 AM

17mpg??? I WISH mine got that good!!!

I love the mini's, congrats Alex!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#5)
Eddie would go ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Like a clown car on fire

Alex, if you wanted to look taller, there are easier ways, like wearing vertical stripes or even platform shoes

Congrats on the car, I told you you were only like 6 months behind me on the marriage road where you lose your stuff... Big suv or minivan is next.

The mini's are nice, I drove a very modded JCW one and it was fun and quick, but if you mod too far they get loud and harsh riding, but it looks liek you got a happy medium. have fun.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#7)
Triple Secks

May 1, 2008, 10:57 AM

Grats. I'm not a huge mini fan - but my older brother loves his. His is a 2k7( i think) with the SC instead of the turbo. They are definatly fun to drive cars.

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
Unread
  (#8)
Good Girl Gone Biker

May 1, 2008, 10:57 AM

Welcome to MINI mania...congrats!

Beatriz
BRG/W

QikEnuF: omg still talking. I regret my life.

yzfrone: and buell? ill chop my toes off and add it to my salad before I sit on one.

DarksideSW20: need varying degrees. beware of dog, beware of dangerous dog, beware of dog shooting bees out of its mouth...

NoVaGhost: Oops...bought a gixxer and the dumbassery set in quicker than i expected.... never made it home.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Coluchi Send a message via AIM to Coluchi Send a message via Skype™ to Coluchi 
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

May 1, 2008, 11:02 AM

Jess, what car of yours is getting less than 17 MPG??

Jose

I am looking for that "beeoutch" air freshener from the transformers movie.. I think target has them..

I wasnt a huge fan until i drove the JCW tuned one. I was like whoah. Ive always thought they were ok, then Italian job came out.. haha

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

May 1, 2008, 11:03 AM

K has the Mini...although I may pick one up over the summer. As Spud said, the car is a lot of fun to drive! (especially on two wheels through corners) ...crap...did I say that out loud?

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#11)
facebook what is that?

May 1, 2008, 11:04 AM

nice mini... seems that there are quite a few *.netters that drive mini's reminds me of the movie "italian job" ...

\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Unread
  (#12)
( * )|( * )

May 1, 2008, 11:04 AM

My tiny Yaris is averaging 40mpg mixed city/highway driving...no complaints on that end.

Car with only 17mpg? Unless it's an M3 or Viper...something along those lines you either need plugs, O2 sensor, or have some other issues...my FJ gets 18mpg city and 24mpg on the highway...sometimes it gets more so you may want to have your car looked at.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#13)
Site Owner

May 1, 2008, 11:08 AM

So when are you selling the bike?

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#14)
Site Owner

May 1, 2008, 11:12 AM

I'm thinking goodbye M3 and hello

/postwhore

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

May 1, 2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
So when are you selling the bike?
I was waiting for you to chime in..

she does not want to get rid of the bikes, she loves riding on the back so no worries..

The wife didnt give me any ultimatums, it was my decision. She just asked if I thought about getting a car that doesnt sit in the garage and gets better gas mileage..

Hey the economy is making gas beyond rediculous, so this was a solution i was happy with. Still a fun car to drive and much better MPG. So i cant complain.

I will miss the convertible though!

Alex
13 Honda Fury