DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 575
1 members and 574 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

June 3, 2003, 05:21 PM

I work on Mustangs both performance and any other work needed on the side. (i work at a dealer as a day job) My friend concentrates on Camaros and Corvettes and we both would give anyone on the site a substantial discount if our services were ever needed. My quickest Stang to date was my 91LX with a qtr time of 10.18 and last week we installed a Pro-Charger on his 03 Corvette and after getting the Pcm remapped it dyno'd at 505 rwhp with no drivability concerns. Thats just giving some idea of what kind of work we can do, so if anyone is interested let me know. It does not have to be performance work though we do other work as well.

That Lee is how I make extra dinero to be able to come to the track days with you guys.
And you can never have to much dinero.

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#2)
125cc weedwacker

June 3, 2003, 05:33 PM

Nice stuff. Did you all put a intercooler on the procharger? What kind of boost are you running?

<---still plays with cars too

1998 Honda RS125 -Living room show piece
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

June 3, 2003, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Nice stuff. Did you all put a intercooler on the procharger? What kind of boost are you running?

It is 6lbs of boost with a 50 shot of nitrous to cool the intake charge.
Its amazing how driveable the car is really, all the really fast f bodies and mustangs end up being a toy car and not a daily driver when they approach that hp but this car runs as smooth as the day it left the show room.

And Lee you just lost my respect.....
Nevermind I didnt have any for you to start.

Unread
  (#4)
Addicted to farm animals

June 4, 2003, 07:48 AM

Would love to drive one of those rods one day if ya let me

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1  
Unread
  (#5)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 4, 2003, 11:42 AM

ummm.... how much would you charge to put a water pump on a 5.7L firebird?

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

June 4, 2003, 01:57 PM

First off what year and is it leaking badly because most the time when they are it is best to replace the optispark unit (distibutor) behind it because once the antifreeze gets in there its only a matter of weeks before it shorts it out. Sometime you can get away without one but very rarely.

Price would be between 120-150 depending on which year and what all is needed. I work at a Chevrolet dealer so I checked on parts prices. Over the counter on the
Water pump is 273.23 the optispark is 486.04.
I could get the pump for you at 180.78 and the optispark for 298.71.
I would not use aftermarket pump bat thats your decision and the optispark is not available anywhere but the dealer. Just let me know Ill help in any way I can.

Unread
  (#7)
125cc weedwacker

June 4, 2003, 02:35 PM

Ah, the good ole optispark. I hate that thing, so far i've been lucky and only had to replace the cap, not the whole assembly. I always watch my waterpump for leakage. What dealer you work at?

1998 Honda RS125 -Living room show piece
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

June 5, 2003, 07:42 AM

how much would you charge to put headers on a 98 gt i hear the mod motor headers are a biatch
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to drdoom Send a message via AIM to drdoom  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

June 5, 2003, 09:35 AM

Quote:
how much would you charge to put headers on a 98 gt i hear the mod motor headers are a biatch
It is not worth the money to put headers on a 4.6Gt unless it is a blown car and then you would want long tube headers and you have to change the Hpipe as well. The gains are nowhere near the headache and amount of money your going to spend.
I would do it but I would highly discourage you infact have a blower etc.
Let me know though.

Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

June 5, 2003, 10:11 AM

ok ill save up fora blower
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to drdoom Send a message via AIM to drdoom  
Unread
  (#11)
Too Fat To Be Fast

June 5, 2003, 10:14 AM

Quote:

You still call that thing a car... Hell my Subaru outback could beat that POS... And next winter when there's 6" of snow on the ground I'll prove it to you!

Back to the water pump issues... It also sounds like a good time to look into an electric water pump. I wish I still had my TA

Mixing the N2O and Blower must be fun but... if it's a daily driven car wouldn't an intercooler be more beneficial. I'm sure they're not spraying every time the go to get groceries.

Cheers,
Bern
13 Ducati 1199
06 Ducati PS1000LE
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to BurnCycle  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

June 5, 2003, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Mixing the N2O and Blower must be fun but... if it's a daily driven car wouldn't an intercooler be more beneficial. I'm sure they're not spraying every time the go to get groceries.
No you do not use it going to get groceries etc. It does have and intercooler as do most if not all prochargers. The nitrous is used in the pre intercooler position to cool the air and only at wide open throttle via a microswitch.

And yes it is VEEERRRYYY FFFUUUUUNNNN.

Unread
  (#13)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 6, 2003, 01:23 PM

Quote:
First off what year and is it leaking badly because most the time when they are it is best to replace the optispark unit (distibutor) behind it because once the antifreeze gets in there its only a matter of weeks before it shorts it out. Sometime you can get away without one but very rarely.

Price would be between 120-150 depending on which year and what all is needed. I work at a Chevrolet dealer so I checked on parts prices. Over the counter on the
I would not use aftermarket pump bat thats your decision and the optispark is not available anywhere but the dealer. Just let me know Ill help in any way I can.
$486.... I now know why I hung on to my '86 camaro. It's cheap as hell to fix!!

It's a 94. And ,yes, it's leaking badly. I would have to replace only the water pump due to financial reasons... and... I have to wait until I can get that $300.
I'll let ya know. thanks for doing the research, though, it is much appreciated.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

June 6, 2003, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:

$486.... I now know why I hung on to my '86 camaro. It's cheap as hell to fix!!

It's a 94. And ,yes, it's leaking badly. I would have to replace only the water pump due to financial reasons... and... I have to wait until I can get that $300.
I'll let ya know. thanks for doing the research, though, it is much appreciated.
Ill tell ya what you do, call a local parts store not Pep Boys or Auto Zone but like Fisher Auto parts or a true auto parts store maybe even NAPA and get the price of one of their lifetime pumps they usually are ok and Ill work with you on the labor part.