DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
2 members and 560 guests
davidcycle, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   calling all members!!! (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/calling-all-members-43022/)

CBRCurtis October 15, 2008 01:15 PM

calling all members!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Ok ladies and gents, I need all your help!

Last week I was packing up getting ready to head to New Hampshire to see my family. When coming home at 10pm I parked next to my neighbor, we have assigned parking spots by the way. During the next half hour I was doing trips back out to pack up my girlfriends car. At this time her car remained there, when I came back out with the remainder of my things at 10:30pm, her car was gone and there was a lot of damage on my car, when she was backing out she dragged her front right bumper down the side of my car. She took off. Now we know each other and I was always helping her out, knocking on my door and asking to use my phone, helping her move in and so on. If she knocked on my door, I would have been like, "Ok...lets figure it out." But she took off!!

So, I do the next best thing, I call the cops. They knock on her door and guy answers. Lies about everything, even that the car exists. I have a really good idea that she doesn't have insurance or that the car is someone elses. Now the cops know that he was lying and we dont even know her real name. But we can't do anything until we find that car. She is being evicted today I believe so the car definitely hasn't returned and I know it wont.

I looked through photos of when I was working on my bike and I happened to actually take pictures of that car, but just not lucky enough to have the license plates. If anyone sees this car, please take pictures of the license plates and let me know where it is. I know this forum will get to a lot more people and do a better job then fairfax county is doing, so I'll have to find the car on my own.

By the way, these are just normal pictures of the car, to be 100% sure that its the car you see, she wrote "BITCHASSNESS" on the passenger side airbag/dash board in what looks like to be sharpie.

Please keep your eye out for this car. Its looks to be a 1990 mercury grand marquis and it will have VA tags.

Attachment 10532

Attachment 10531

Attachment 10533

Castle October 15, 2008 01:25 PM

That blows! I'll try to keep my eyes out.

bosslady October 15, 2008 01:30 PM

Can you give a general idea of where this happened? I'll keep an eye out. Good luck with it.

CBRCurtis October 15, 2008 01:34 PM

this happened in fairfax va thursday night, the car hasn't returned. but she's being evicted so i dont know where she or the car will end up. thats my biggest concern, and having to fix the car out of my own pocket.

Castle October 15, 2008 01:40 PM

Where in Fairfax?

Any idea where the guy/neighbor works?

Do you know if she frequented any bars/restaurants in the area?

CBRCurtis October 15, 2008 01:44 PM

it was a women that hit me, the guy that answered it like her babies daddy or something. She's black, about 32 years old with two kids. I have seen her coming home about 3 in the morning wasted so i know she does go out but i dont know where. I dont think she works, she's always home and hasn't paid rent in two months. This in in the Fairoaks area of Fairfax.

JTG40cal October 15, 2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRCurtis (Post 643805)
it was a women that hit me, the guy that answered it like her babies daddy or something. She's black, about 32 years old with two kids. I have seen her coming home about 3 in the morning wasted so i know she does go out but i dont know where. I dont think she works, she's always home and hasn't paid rent in two months. This in in the Fairoaks area of Fairfax.

Doesn't the Sheriff's Dept. have to be there for the eviction? If so, they can get everyone's info when they come to get all their stuff out of the apt. Also, if she is wanted for questioning, cant the police get her information from the property owner? If you had assigned parking then they most likely have her vehicle info (including tag number) on file.

CBRCurtis October 15, 2008 02:09 PM

I wish that was the case, she was given 5 days to be out. I believe that was given four days ago. They have been packing all their things up, seems like they are trying to get out quick. I told the officer in charge of the incident that she's home but he says he can't do anything with out the car. I spoke with both the owner of the unit and the property staff. He gave to me what I believe her real name is, but we still need the car, I check with the property management and they have been requesting her vehicle info for months but she never supplied it. They aren't even parking in there spot anymore, they are parking in visitors. They are really shady people, I tried to say something to the male yesterday that lied to police and he flipped out threatening me and my girlfriend. So I wont get anywhere with them admitting it, and the police just keep saying I need the car. So if I find the vehicle I can have my boss run the plates for me, and I can give it to the cop. I also need to be able to see the damage to her car. Seems like they are leaving it up to me to resolve the situation.

MANIMAL October 15, 2008 02:13 PM

^Very good points.

If it really comes down to worse... do you have uninsured motorist policy on your vehicle?

Also they are getting evicted just post up and follow to new destination "stalk them". You also mentioned she used your phone... phone records if you have a good collective memory you might be able to find out who she is and whatnot. Good luck and I'll keep my eye out.

Castle October 15, 2008 02:13 PM

If she's a drinker, check some of the local watering holes to your neighborhood. She's probably got a spot that's close to home she likes to go.

CBRCurtis October 15, 2008 02:20 PM

I do have uninsured motorist but it still costs money out of my pocket for deductible. Worse comes to worse i'll have to use that. I've already notified my insurance company of the situation but told them I was trying to locate the car first before I had them try to fix the car.

I already thought about following them but they know both my cars and motorcycle so I would stand out like a sore thumb. If I find the location of the car I'll borrow a friends car so that way they dont notice me.

Its really starting to go undercover stuff right now...kinda pathetic that people can't just own up to what they have done.

I thought about checking those numbers she called...but most likely it was friends and seeing how shady she is, I dont think it would get me anywhere. But I did look at them after she made the calls, they were maryland numbers. (301)

MANIMAL October 15, 2008 02:26 PM

google the numbers if you find any att wireless provisioned numbers shoot them to me

scarab October 15, 2008 05:40 PM

That sucks.. that car should stick out like a sore thumb in Fairfax, where every other auto is an M3 or G35.

If you have her real name, you could try checking for a former address.. if she has any traffic tickets in the county, you might be able to find it here:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/arrests/
or, try checking on the VA courts website and see if there's any info:
http://www.courts.state.va.us/

If you can get a former address, you might be able to call a previous landlord and see if they have any vehicle info, etc.

Again, assuming you have her real name, could you take her to small claims court for the damages? If she's a deadbeat and doesn't show for court, they could issue a bench warrant or grant you a default judgment.

I'll keep my eyes open. Best of luck.

CBRCurtis October 16, 2008 12:09 AM

Yeah right now I dont even really know what her real name is, and thats the problem. I basically exhausted all my resources, so my best bet at this point is to locate the vehicle, get the tag number and take a picture of the damage to her vehicle. Then I'll let the police deal with the rest. Just a huge pain to have to deal with it. I already talked to my insurance and I can get covered with uninsured driver, but thats still 200 dollars out of my pocket that I dont really need to be paying for someone Nailing my car.

I tried the fairfax underground...nothing, But did find some funny things about friends. Thanks though

boomchic00 October 16, 2008 06:37 AM

Wow...JTG was telling me about this last night *shakes head*

Seems like more and more shady fucked up creeps are moving in the area.

Everyone is throwing some great suggestion at you, dont sit and wait on this car to pop up in 4 days or the cops to do something.

Why do I envision a 50+ deep sportbike collective to stop by to say hello to CBRCurtis and his lady (oddly) on the last these asshole have to get out :lol: