DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 517
4 members and 513 guests
davidcycle, Scot, Slider, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Can anyone recommend a good car mechanic? Hyundai Sonata
Unread
  (#1)
Im Always Down to Ride

Can anyone recommend a good car mechanic? Hyundai Sonata - May 28, 2012, 08:58 PM

I am looking for a mechanic. Want to get some maintenance work done. Been getting a serpentine belt squeal at cold start. After car is running a good 5 min, squeal seizes. Car is also running a little rough which I believe is from the belt issue.

07 Sonata 68K on her. It not like she has any major problems but I am proactive. Rather fix before break.

Also its time for tranny flush.

So in total...
  1. Serpentine Belt install....I honestly think I could do it but hey. I know hot to get to the tensioner and so on.
  2. Tranny full flush
  3. Hoses, and etc checked and tuned up (replaced)
  4. Washer Fluid pump replacement....can do this on my own honestly but might as well get it all done at once.

I just need some legit people. My mechanic was down in Charlotte. Need someone/place that is not trying to "deal/steal"ership rape me.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

May 28, 2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120
I am looking for a mechanic. Want to get some maintenance work done. Been getting a serpentine belt squeal at cold start. After car is running a good 5 min, squeal seizes. Car is also running a little rough which I believe is from the belt issue.

07 Sonata 68K on her. It not like she has any major problems but I am proactive. Rather fix before break.

Also its time for tranny flush.

So in total...

[*]Serpentine Belt install....I honestly think I could do it but hey. I know hot to get to the tensioner and so on.[*]Tranny full flush[*]Hoses, and etc checked and tuned up (replaced)[*]Washer Fluid pump replacement....can do this on my own honestly but might as well get it all done at once.

I just need some legit people. My mechanic was down in Charlotte. Need someone/place that is not trying to "deal/steal"ership rape me.
Belt dressing

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#3)
Im Always Down to Ride

May 28, 2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Belt dressing

Thought about that but I believe its now slipping a little bit. felt a little slippage when it went from 2 to 3. Automatic car...

rpm jumped just a smidget. This was after a 4hr drive back from NC.

Unread
  (#4)
On vacation

May 28, 2012, 09:17 PM

I've got a great guy but he's in Kensington, MD. If you want his info, I'll find it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#5)
No more 1050 :(

May 28, 2012, 10:32 PM

Bill's Auto in Manassas Park has done me well before... has been a long time since I've been there though.
Unread
  (#6)
Mojito Anyone?

May 29, 2012, 07:09 AM

Edwin Auto in sterling. I take all my autos to him.. very inexpensive labor.

Or my boy out in Ashburn who will do work on the side but in his shop..lol

He works at Goodyear - 540-514 4 4 0 3 (Josh)

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#7)
Nothing here

May 29, 2012, 12:35 PM

John is a member here and is the shop manager at Briar Oaks Exxon off of 50 in Chantilly. Right next to the fire dept. Just had my Pathfinder worked on by him and his guys. Great guys, quick work, warranty, and EXCELLENT follow up service to make things absolutely right. 703-385-1222. Tell him your from DCSportbikes.net and/or Travis told you to call.
Unread
  (#8)
squid

May 29, 2012, 12:50 PM

My dad has a shop in Herndon,

Delta Auto Care
2875-C Towerview Rd
Herndon, VA 20171
703-435-1375

He can help you out!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to elements018  
Unread
  (#9)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

May 29, 2012, 12:59 PM

Thats an easy 2 hours total of work (or less) dont want to do it yourself?
Id do it but im all the way in catonsville...

check your belt to see if its dry rotting/cracked etc but if its the OG belt might as well change it out.

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#10)
SRWJTS Recruiter

May 29, 2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali View Post
John is a member here and is the shop manager at Briar Oaks Exxon off of 50 in Chantilly. Right next to the fire dept. Just had my Pathfinder worked on by him and his guys. Great guys, quick work, warranty, and EXCELLENT follow up service to make things absolutely right. 703-385-1222. Tell him your from DCSportbikes.net and/or Travis told you to call.
Good to know!

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#11)
Meh

May 29, 2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
+1

Good dude.
Unread
  (#12)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

May 29, 2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yep. John has saved me tons of money over the course of two separate instances where I needed his help. The first was giving me a killer deal on tires for my Malibu, the other was a bad catalytic converter on my Equinox. Unknown to me, there's an 8 year 80k mile federally mandated warranty on those, and John told me about it, which made the repair free.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#13)
Im Always Down to Ride

May 29, 2012, 02:03 PM

hmmmm my coworker recommended Sudley Car Care center in Manasas. He has been going there since he was about 17...38 now and known by all the mechs. As well they have a great rating and reviews across the net. Will check them out and John. John sounds like my kind of guy also.

EDIT....

Going to take it to John first. Just called him...looks like you are known Travis.. Think he can help me out. I just want good service without being extra raped. I know I can do a few of the things on my own. But wouldn't mind getting the car a good look over. Plus I have to get the tranny flushed.

Last edited by bds120; May 29, 2012 at 02:19 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
Nothing here

May 29, 2012, 02:18 PM

Yeah, John is good. He won't sell you stuff you don't need and actually saved me about $1,000 on cat work too. On top of that, he found a busted evap thing-a-ma-bob that was damaged in a wreck two years earlier. He took care of that at the same time AND got the other guy's insurance company to pony up for the repair free to me.
Unread
  (#15)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

May 29, 2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah, John is good. He won't sell you stuff you don't need and actually saved me about $1,000 on cat work too. On top of that, he found a busted evap thing-a-ma-bob that was damaged in a wreck two years earlier. He took care of that at the same time AND got the other guy's insurance company to pony up for the repair free to me.
Thats an Awesome Mechanic to go the extra mile to find shit like that out...alot of them dont realize doing small things like this (seeing as they will get paid regardless) build a good rep, and its just good business overall!

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.