DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 548
0 members and 548 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Cancun or Plya? help needed
Unread
  (#1)
I have a bike shop

Cancun or Plya? help needed - December 6, 2011, 10:56 AM

takin some girl to mexico around jan.20 time frame coming up

was wondering what experiences people had of that area. Ive got a ton of visa points and need to use em to book a trip before the end of the year.

im planning on flying to cancun, then going where ever from there. Only going for a weekend.

all inclusive, or not worth it?

some people say just get a decent hotel but dont do all-inclusive because that limits you to just that resort. and you end up wanting to walk around and explore, etc.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

December 6, 2011, 10:59 AM

Skip Cancun. Cozumel instead. Less crowded. Mo' Bettah

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#3)
I have a bike shop

December 6, 2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post
Skip Cancun. Cozumel instead. Less crowded. Mo' Bettah
do you STAY in cozumel or just go there for the day on a ferry ?
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

December 6, 2011, 11:03 AM

My ex-roomie just got back from an all-inclusive trip to Playa a month ago for his friend's destination wedding.

DO NOT do all inclusive. It rarely ever is a real bargain. He ended up disappointed with what was included (there are going to be extra charges for this and that all over the place), the quality of the food included, and generally just the entire experience overall.

As a matter of fact, he was pretty disappointed with Mexico in general both from what he could do and see without feeling like he was getting fleeced and the "watch your back" shenanigans going on with Mexican crime cartels, and wished he would have taken my advice: Go to the US Virgin Islands or Bermuda.

The only time all inclusives makes sense is when you are on a cruise.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

December 6, 2011, 11:05 AM

go to DR you get more for your money and cheaper to do anything you want!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Budah79 Send a message via AIM to Budah79  
Unread
  (#6)
Site Owner

December 6, 2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
The only time all inclusives makes sense is when you are on a cruise.
Not true... very useful when you go to a place like we are in a few days (Dominican Republic) where if you leave the resort you're likely to get kidnapped or robbed.

Mexico is somewhat explorable in that region, although you do have to watch where you go and when you go there. The whole strip of resorts in Cancun are relatively safe (we went there in 2004).

If you go someplace like St Martin or Aruba, definitely do not get all inclusive since exploring the island is half the fun and its totally safe. (Well... not unless you are a blonde co-ed)

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

December 6, 2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Not true... very useful when you go to a place like we are in a few days (Dominican Republic) where if you leave the resort you're likely to get kidnapped or robbed.
Not true unless if you are a superstar or baseball player lol

if you go to the resorts that require bands you will notice a lot of women with one day entrance bands on their wrist, they are generally there to fullfill your erotic dreams for a fee lol, shoot must cases you can have them for the entire time you are there for less then monthly phone bill
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Budah79 Send a message via AIM to Budah79  
Unread
  (#8)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

December 6, 2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin View Post
do you STAY in cozumel or just go there for the day on a ferry ?
I'd stay there.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#9)
Site Owner

December 6, 2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budah79 View Post
Not true unless if you are a superstar or baseball player lol

if you go to the resorts that require bands you will notice a lot of women with one day entrance bands on their wrist, they are generally there to fullfill your erotic dreams for a fee lol, shoot must cases you can have them for the entire time you are there for less then monthly phone bill
I prefer my pickle without bumps on it, thankyouvery much.

And I dunno, in the taxi from the airport to the resort in march we went through some pretty suspect places... places I wouldn't want to go being a 6'4" beacon of whiteness.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#10)
Mojito Anyone?

December 6, 2011, 11:26 AM

I just got back from that area 3 weeks ago.. I stayed at an all inclusive and loved it. Food was decent.. and they had 3 bars on site open 24 hours a day..

No hidden charges or whatever they are talking about above..

Lots of entertainment in the resort.. spa.. shows..

Playa is a nice little place to stay too, has a nice main street with lots of bars and restos.

DONT go to cozumel unless you want to be stuck on a small island with nothing to do.. and it stinks once a week when all the hotels discharge into the atmosphere.. not a pretty site to see either when your in playa looking at cozumel..looks like a bomb went off.

You want relaxed? stuffing your face? all the booze you can drink.. get an all inclusive..

you want to explore? see the mayan ruins.. do atvs, snorkle, scuba.. dont get an all inclusive since youll be away from the resort..

go to Vacation Deals & Travel Specials BookIt.com they have good deals on all inclusives...

I'll put up some pics in a min..

And dont listen to people that don't know what they're talking about with the crime and shit.. you wont see that in cancun or playa.. police checkpoints everywhere.. very secure to get into the resorts.. resorts keep tabs on you if you leave too.. so they know if you leave and when you come back..

All the cartel know not to touch tourist areas.. because that is jobs for locals.. locals buy product.. locals have no job.. locals cant buy product..

View from our room:

Rest of the resort area:

Some Pics of Playa:

Chichenitza - Mayan Ruins.. AWESOME place.. but far..

Cenotes:

ay ya yay

Last edited by onel0wcubn; December 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

December 6, 2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post

Mexico is somewhat explorable in that region, although you do have to watch where you go and when you go there. The whole strip of resorts in Cancun are relatively safe (we went there in 2004).

If you go someplace like St Martin or Aruba, definitely do not get all inclusive since exploring the island is half the fun and its totally safe. (Well... not unless you are a blonde co-ed)
Oh, I was talking about Playa not Cancun. Can't speak to Cancun.

LOL @ blonde coed in the Caribbean.
But seriously, why fly the 8-9 hours (including layover) when you can fly 4 and get the same thing, plus English speaking, and no risk of being kidnapped.
No seriously though, it's a real risk in Mexico. My roomie's wife works for the ODNI and had to get get clearance to go along with a briefing packet.

As for DR, well, have fun
Music Video - NSFW for sure hoes

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#12)
Knarly Adventurer

December 6, 2011, 11:38 AM

We did LeBlanc in Cancun.
Highly recommended! All inclusive and the staff to client ratio is about
1:1. You get what ever want, when ever you want it.

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

December 6, 2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post

And dont listen to people that don't know what they're talking about with the crime and shit.. you wont see that in cancun or playa.. police checkpoints everywhere.. very secure to get into the resorts.. resorts keep tabs on you if you leave too.. so they know if you leave and when you come back..

All the cartel know not to touch tourist areas.. because that is jobs for locals.. locals buy product.. locals have no job.. locals cant buy product..
They get you at the airport and before the hotel, holmes.
It's a common scheme to have a fake car service pick you up. Or Taxi get lost.

When you get into the resort, security is virgin tight. They won't even let you through past the front desk without a pass. My boy got hassled because he left his in the hotel room.

Another thing to remember is that while they have pool, poolside entertainment and bars - they also stay open till 2-3am with the load music playing, and the drunks laughing and stumbling down the hall.

So remember to ask for a room FAR away from the pool or entertainment areas. My boy had to change rooms because the first one they gave him was right in the thick of it all.

Unread
  (#14)
Mojito Anyone?

December 6, 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
It's a common scheme to have a fake car service pick you up. Or Taxi get lost.

When you get into the resort, security is virgin tight. They won't even let you through past the front desk without a pass. My boy got hassled because he left his in the hotel room.

Another thing to remember is that while they have pool, poolside entertainment and bars - they also stay open till 2-3am with the load music playing, and the drunks laughing and stumbling down the hall.

So remember to ask for a room FAR away from the pool or entertainment areas. My boy had to change rooms because the first one they gave him was right in the thick of it all.
well if you are stupid enough to get into fake taxis then you deserve to get kidnapped, jumped, raped.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#15)
Eddie would go ...

December 6, 2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I think you're off on this one - the whole Mayan Riviera is down on crime. Had no problems exploring all over

I will agree on staying away from the all inclusives - unless all you want is sunshine and to be surrounded by fellow yanks.

I'd nix the US Virgin islands - why travel to exotic lands just to end up surrounded by MCDonalds and WalMart - I don't get that...

Fly into Cancun and go south towards Akumal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.