DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 943
3 members and 940 guests
nootherids, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Capcom & Namco Agree To Do, Street Fighter x Tekken - Tekken x Street Figther
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Capcom & Namco Agree To Do, Street Fighter x Tekken - Tekken x Street Figther - July 24, 2010, 04:30 PM

First game in quite some time that I'm actually excited about. I'm a big Tekken fan.

Capcom is running the board with the SF franchise though. They just released Super Street Fighter. Capcom vs Marvel is about to come out. SNK vs Capcom is rumored and now this.

I wish they were public so I could buy some stock in them.

A Street Fighter and Tekken cross-over game was announced today at Comic-Con called Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken x Street Fighter. Both the Street FIghter series creator Yoshinori Ono and Tekken creator Katsuhiro Harada were on hand to make the announcement for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The Capcom game appears to use the Street Fighter IV art style and is locked into a 2D plane versus the freedom to move around in all directions like Tekken. Namco has also confirmed that they are producing a Tekken x Street Fighter game that presumably will put the Street Fighter characters in the Tekken art and fighting style.

As for a release date, well check out this photo from the event to give you an idea.

Teaser Trailer:

Teaser Game Footage: Street Fighter X Tekken Gameplay Clip From Comic-Con 2010 Video from GameVideos

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm a secksy boi!

July 25, 2010, 01:25 AM

As much as I would like to see how this will turn out, I'm not so sure if it'll really work. Tekken is VERY technical while SFIV is the most out of the whole SF series. It still lacks in the true fighting depth that Tekken brings to the table. Not to say that SF is inferior. I'm a fan of both. But the way I imagine it so far, this is like trying to mix apples and oranges. Both fighters are good, but in their own way. You can't button mash in Tekken while you can in SF...if they keep the same controls for each (which I highly doubt), noobs will only be choosing SF characters.

'06 GSX-R600
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to dwnWrob Send a message via AIM to dwnWrob  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

July 25, 2010, 08:16 AM

Damn, I think I just an erection from that game footage. Nope, just morning wood. But that was an awesome clip. I like the tag team Ultra combos. Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

July 25, 2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnWrob View Post
As much as I would like to see how this will turn out, I'm not so sure if it'll really work. Tekken is VERY technical while SFIV is the most out of the whole SF series. It still lacks in the true fighting depth that Tekken brings to the table. Not to say that SF is inferior. I'm a fan of both. But the way I imagine it so far, this is like trying to mix apples and oranges. Both fighters are good, but in their own way. You can't button mash in Tekken while you can in SF...if they keep the same controls for each (which I highly doubt), noobs will only be choosing SF characters.

There's going to be two versions.
Tekken x SF will be done by Namco and I'm sure they'll make all the SF characters technical in the Tekken fashion (i.e. don't think you're going to button mash combo and fill the screen w/a bunch of fireballs)

SF x Tekken will be done by Capcom and I'm sure they'll "dumb down" the Tekken characters a bit so you can button mash and remove some of their more technical combos and links.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

July 26, 2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
There's going to be two versions.
Tekken x SF will be done by Namco and I'm sure they'll make all the SF characters technical in the Tekken fashion (i.e. don't think you're going to button mash combo and fill the screen w/a bunch of fireballs)

SF x Tekken will be done by Capcom and I'm sure they'll "dumb down" the Tekken characters a bit so you can button mash and remove some of their more technical combos and links.
I always hated when I got beat by some stupid kid smashing the buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

July 26, 2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfam95 View Post
I always hated when I got beat by some stupid kid smashing the buttons.
I just read that Capcom realizes that Tekken characters can't use projectiles, so they'll have one or two special moves that will either go thru them, go over, or quasi sidestep them.

Can you say Ryu throws a fireball, and I crouch into a Demon Uppercut and take his head off with Kazuya.

Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

July 26, 2010, 11:06 AM

FIghting games have all been crap since Street Fighter II Champion Edition.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
Street Bonk Bum.....

July 26, 2010, 11:10 AM

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!

CCS AM # 204
  Send a message via AIM to