DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 327
3 members and 324 guests
BigDaddyShoo, davidcycle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   Car Audio type help por favor (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/car-audio-type-help-por-favor-77767/)

NateDieselF4i November 4, 2012 01:54 PM

Car Audio type help por favor

Thinking of upgrading my Tahoe with one of these

Alpine INE-Z928HD Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

Has a "perfect fit" type deal specifically for the GM Trucks looks pretty sweet with the 8" screen.

Anyways anyone know about these things? It should integrate with my factory DVD player (middle row) and backup camera I believe.

Just looking for some thoughts / knowledge before I drop 2grand.

Thanks

Dark November 4, 2012 02:18 PM

Pioneer and Clarion for in car nav and I think Clarion just came out with a capacitive touch version.

Stillie November 4, 2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark (Post 1298222)
Pioneer and Clarion for in car nav and I think Clarion just came out with a capacitive touch version.

Good brands but both require some additional work to tie into the VSS if I'm mot mistaken, as does alpine.

My suggestion is Kenwood because they use Garmin. Updated maps turn up online and can be loaded onto and SD card.

Just my .02.

NateDieselF4i November 4, 2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillie (Post 1298233)
Good brands but both require some additional work to tie into the VSS if I'm mot mistaken, as does alpine.

My suggestion is Kenwood because they use Garmin. Updated maps turn up online and can be loaded onto and SD card.

Just my .02.

I did also look at this kenwood - the Garmin is nice idea. The Alpine and Pioneer both use Navtec.
Kenwood - DNX7190HD

But some people said the inputs could be slow. Still gets positive reviews

Stillie November 4, 2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i (Post 1298235)

I did also look at this kenwood - the Garmin is nice idea. The Alpine and Pioneer both use Navtec.
Kenwood - DNX7190HD

I have the generation prior. It boots slow but that's my only complaint. Make sure you do a ton of googling before you pull the trigger. You may find that a prior gen would suit your needs just the same.

You can also find them cheaper floating around on eBay or the Kenwood forums.

Interceptor November 4, 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i (Post 1298235)
Kenwood - DNX7190HD

I just had the DNX6990HD Excelon installed in my Subaru Forester about a month ago. I have been very pleased with it and the Garmin navigation is excellent. The boot up time is not long at all, and they were able to connect it to the existing rear view camera and steering wheel controls. The Excelon models come with a 2-year warranty.

I considered the DNX9990HD Excelon model also which has the 7" display and a tilt screen feature which is pretty cool, but I like having the volume control knob and didn't want to spend an additional $400.

A word of advice...the install is more complicated than you might think, especially if you are connecting it to a rear view camera and steering wheel controls.

NateDieselF4i November 4, 2012 07:19 PM

Thanks guys. Think I'm leaning towards the Alpine 928 still at this point and that 8" screen.

And yeah with the back up camera / DVD and wheel control integration I'll be getting some professional help no matter which unit I go with

nootherids November 4, 2012 10:40 PM

You all know Crutchfield still exists...along with all their custom fit adapters made to specifically match your car's harness to your new head unit.

Stillie November 5, 2012 04:54 AM

There is no custom fit adapter for newer systems but they do give you suggestions on what to buy. Get ready to faint when you price some of these adapters/integration modules. :lol:

I can't remember the model number on mine. Gmos101 maybe? It listed for $100 or so but I found it for much cheaper on Amazon. You may or may not need that depending on your application and vehicle options (onstar, steering wheel remotes, etc) Also, if you've got a newer vehicle, your door chimes and warning alerts play through your radio.

Dark November 5, 2012 05:56 AM

Sounds like you're better off selling you GM and buying a Toyota/Honda.

nootherids November 5, 2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark (Post 1298301)
Sounds like you're better off selling you GM and buying a Toyota/Honda.

http://www.versiononevinyl.com/image...vin-Toyota.jpg