DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 515
4 members and 511 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

August 26, 2004, 10:39 AM

http://www.democratherald.com/artic...ocal/news03.txt

Quote:
Injured motorcyclists upgrades to fair condition
Albany Democrat-Herald

An Albany woman was in fair condition Monday after being seriously injured in a motorcycle accident near Springfield on Aug. 14.

Peggy Sue Smith, 46, who suffered several broken ribs, a broken clavicle and a broken jaw, was transported to the Sacred Heart Medical Center intensive care unit in Eugene.

She was in critical condition as of last Friday.

Smith and a group of four friends had been riding their motorcycles at less than 15 miles an hour along McKenzie View at 10 a.m. when several racing-style motorcycles aggressively passed them, according to her fellow rider and friend Gary Shepherd of Brownsville.

He said the group seemed to have "rattled" Smith a bit, with the result that her machine went off the road.

The motorcycle, a blue 1989 Harley Davidson, went through a barbed wire fence and was damaged.

Shepherd added that Smith, who received a motorcycle endorsement a few years ago, had only ridden a couple of times this year.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
August 26, 2004, 11:10 AM

It seems that most HARDLEY ABLESON riders are like VOLVO/BMW drivers off in their own little slow azz world. They also believe those comercials that they are industructable.
Guzzler and watched aforementioned OIL LEAKERSON almost crash twice in a mile.This was after we passed him in our own lane on the right.
Once into a curb at a red light and then when he passed us at the next light where we making a left.Potatp potato poato man nearly fell off going in a straight line trying to give us the "Yore number one" sign. Of course we already knew that.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

August 26, 2004, 01:18 PM

this happend to me 6 years ago. My father, on a ST1100, my bro, on a VFR 750, and I, on a VTR 1000 w/micron pipes, were cruising along rt. 7 just past Leesburg when we came upon a poker run of about 50 cruisers, all just putzing along at 30-40 mph. We were passing them on the left lane cruising around 80 mph. Well as we neared the front of the pack, I noticed a bike pulling out from the group, as if he wanted to catch up to us and prove something.
As soon as I passed the first bike in the poker run I see 2 bikers front the front pull out to the left, trying to get behind us. Well they didnt see the first guy that broke out and now barreling down the road. So when the guys in the front pulled out behind/after us, the first guy colided with the rear tire of the 2nd biker. So while im rolling down the road, I see in my rear view, bikes, dust, and bodies flying around. We couldnt stop because we had no cell phone and did not want to stop for no reason and see the carnage.
Unread
  (#4)
What's today? aah fuck it

August 26, 2004, 07:01 PM

Face it, they were starring at the sexy sport bikes and wishing she bought that instead...
Unread
  (#5)
Mr. Glass

August 27, 2004, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
Face it, they were starring at the sexy sport bikes and wishing she bought that instead...
indeed.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#6)
( * )|( * )

August 29, 2004, 09:41 AM

Friday I'm riding home from work and here comes some guy on a Harley and he tucks in behind me about 2 feet from my rear wheel.
I think nothing of it as I'm cruising at the speed limit...all of the sudden I hear the loud fart sound and he passes me and cuts me off!!!
Of course I get slightly annoyed and when cars opened up enough space I dropped him like a wet brick.

Then yesterday Brooks and I are heading towards I-66 and another Harley guy comes up within 2 feet of my rear tire and is riding my a$$ the whole time, as we approach the on ramp where it has a nice sweeper I slow down and then take the turn at as much speed as I could considering there were cars in front. I put a good amount of distance and then as I get on I-66 I put even more distance

I am not sure why they ride like this but what I think is funny is they look down on sportbike riders YET...they cruise around driving like complete morons (of course not all of them) and wear NO gloves, NO jacket, NO boots...true squids...it's one thing if you want to feel cool but they need to go squid away from me....grrrr....

Sorry..had to vent!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

August 29, 2004, 12:05 PM

they're mostly morons, part of what I call HMMC. The Harley Millionare Motorcycle Club, 'cause you almost have to be to afford one. My G/F's father had to get rid of his because it was constantly breaking down and service costs were a bitch. In his own words, "worst piece of shit I ever owned"

'03 TL1000R

"If you run you'll only go to jail tired!"