DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 582
4 members and 578 guests
2blueyam, beatle, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

July 7, 2005, 09:35 AM

There were attacks in London this morning around 9am their time. As I understand it, there were multiple bomb blasts in the tube (what they call the subway) and one bus was also hit. 40 deaths currently reported on CNN but reports vary.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ube/index.html
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

July 7, 2005, 09:37 AM

Yeah, kevers was talking about this when I picked her up to take her to the airport this morning.

So sad. Not the casualty count of 9/11, but still has the same feeling to it. Can't we all just get along?

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#3)
Brainwash Your Face!

July 7, 2005, 09:39 AM

OMG!

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#4)
A girl must have her toys

July 7, 2005, 09:46 AM

Quote:
We're all fine. Ned and I are at the office. Teddy is at a friend's house and Katie is at school. We were on the Tube as this was happening, but we travel on the Central Line. About three stops from our office, they stopped the train and told us that the entire underground was shutting down due to a power failure. So we took a bus the rest of the way. Only after we got to the office did we learn what was going on. Still trying to figure out how to get Katie from school and get home since all buses and underground are suspended....We can hear a lot of sirens outside the window and we're on a "lock down" until further notice. They've just come around and closed all the blinds to "reduce any possible flying glass" (gee, that was comforting). The phone lines are also not always working -- jammed from over use. Cell phone system was totally down earlier, but seems to be back up now.

And to top it all, it's pouring rain and the wind is blowing quite strongly.
That was part of the message I got from my bosses in London this morning..

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

July 7, 2005, 09:47 AM

thankfully not the death toll, but like you said, it makes us realize a little more that life is frail and not under our control.
Unread
  (#6)
MSF Student

July 7, 2005, 09:50 AM

I have friends over there and I haven't heard from them yet. Hope they're safe!

Dammit, stuff like this always makes me sad...

Maria

"Everybody's got a dream I guess,
a little place so free from all the rest of us..." FG

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...1284/group.jpg
Unread
  (#7)
Asleep at the wheel!

July 7, 2005, 09:52 AM

This really isn't what I want to see since I am supposed to fly to Madrid on Sunday and then bounce over to Frankfurt on Tuesday. Hopefully all will go well.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#8)
i like to make toilet

July 7, 2005, 09:52 AM

wtf!!!!

what is wrong with people
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

July 7, 2005, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxgirlz
wtf!!!!

what is wrong with people
yeah mofo's just need attention!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#10)
Got my Permit

July 7, 2005, 10:26 AM

hmm I really don't like hearing stuff like this my gf is over there right now with some of her friends :-/

When Life Gets Predictable, It Gets Boring
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TerpGuy82  
Unread
  (#11)
opossum puncher

July 7, 2005, 12:19 PM

My girlfriend is in London for the summer, and was on the tube this morning when it all went down, they were, as mentioned above, told that power surges and failures were shutting down all stations, and she walked the rest of the way to work. I woke up to the news and was freaked out ‘cause she works for the British Parliament, a prime target, always nice to wake up and feel like your hearts been torn from your chest. Thankfully she was able to call her mom, who then called me at 7:30 (guess parliament phones were still up at that time).
Additionally my parents fly to Rome this weekend; this doesn’t help my comfort level

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#12)
Got my Permit

July 7, 2005, 01:17 PM

Not making lite of the situation but Plan A isn’t working too well with Al Quada… lets shift to Plan B.. we air drop 10,000 tvs’ and Xboxs and generators in hot spots of the middle east. Then a week later as they start to get good at Halo, we drop 100,000 McGriddles on them in the morning and 100,000 Big Macs in the afternoon for a few weeks. Add a few Victoria Secret catalogs in there (subversive p*rn, something they can handle), and we have a recipe for their male demographics to turn to quasi-Americanized, video game playing, fat 30 year olds. Who the hell is going to strap on a bomb or grab a real gun when you have a burger staring at you and your buddies are playing video games? Now the time is ripe for us to walk in and set up McDonalds and KFC that only use fattening coconut oil for frying.. 10 years from now – the males incur congestive heart disease and the overall average life expectancy decreases by 15 years.. We win.

(the author has taken several liberties with his so-called ‘Plan B’. Past results in America do not guarantee future outcomes in Iraq)
Unread
  (#13)
A girl must have her toys

July 7, 2005, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrz
Not making lite of the situation but Plan A isn’t working too well with Al Quada… lets shift to Plan B.. we air drop 10,000 tvs’ and Xboxs and generators in hot spots of the middle east. Then a week later as they start to get good at Halo, we drop 100,000 McGriddles on them in the morning and 100,000 Big Macs in the afternoon for a few weeks. Add a few Victoria Secret catalogs in there (subversive p*rn, something they can handle), and we have a recipe for their male demographics to turn to quasi-Americanized, video game playing, fat 30 year olds. Who the hell is going to strap on a bomb or grab a real gun when you have a burger staring at you and your buddies are playing video games? Now the time is ripe for us to walk in and set up McDonalds and KFC that only use fattening coconut oil for frying.. 10 years from now – the males incur congestive heart disease and the overall average life expectancy decreases by 15 years.. We win.

(the author has taken several liberties with his so-called ‘Plan B’. Past results in America do not guarantee future outcomes in Iraq)
GOOD ONE!

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#14)
Railing!

July 7, 2005, 01:24 PM

Quote:

ha ha ha ha ha, that's pretty good.

2005 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JDogg5  
Unread
  (#15)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 7, 2005, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks man, we all definitely need a good laugh right now.

RICO

'01 http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...GSXR750XK5.jpg

Ready at the drop of a spoon...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NiceTry Send a message via MSN to NiceTry