DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
0 members and 513 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Cat owners...need advice!
Unread
  (#1)
What's today? aah fuck it

Cat owners...need advice! - November 27, 2006, 10:52 AM

Last night, as I was heading out, a cat ran over to me from across the street. She/he/it has no collar/name tag. Its a full grown cat, she's very friendly and from the looks of it, a very well kept indoor cat.

I remembered seeing a lost cat flyer around the neighborhood about a week or 2 ago...so I walked over to where i last saw the flyers and they were gone. I could've sworn its the same cat I saw on the flyer (white w/ brown spots). The cat is very clingy and wouldn't leave me....I was a cold night too....I wasn't just gonna leave her out there, so I brought her in.

I never had any pets, growing up the closest thing I had to a pet was a german sheapperd guard dog the size of a pony. Even then, we never played with him...long story, but the only person that could get near him was my dad. Anyways, I ran out to the store and bought some kitty litter, cat food, a cute lil cat santa outfit and a leash so i can walk it everyday.

I was joking about the last two, fags! I bet u would like to see that. lol

But seriously, I woke up this morning and she/he/it had already used the cat litter...and even grouped up the cat food chuncks that flew out of the bowl into a little pile. Holy fack, this cat is a genious, I wonder what else she/he/it knows! Way too friendly tho, I can barely type this right now.

So my question is: wtf am I supposed to do? I'm putting up found cat flyers with a pic later today. But what's the proceedure? Do i take it to animal shelter? Get it tested, identified, etc? Am I stuck with her if no one claims her? Need some advice...

Pic ---->

Last edited by ---> Venom <---; November 27, 2006 at 10:54 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Owner & Creator

November 27, 2006, 10:56 AM

feed it to my dog. call the pound check if anyone reported a missing cat you can do it over the phone. or nearby shelters
Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

November 27, 2006, 10:58 AM

I wouldnt put a picture on the found poster.... force people to give you an accurate description. Good luck with it.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
B
It goes to 11.

November 27, 2006, 11:02 AM

Post a flyer... btw - a cat can fuck up a much larger dog real good, so get ready to pay for a really expensive meal at the vet center, he prob wouldn't have much of his face left.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#5)
Addicted to Cajen food...

November 27, 2006, 11:04 AM

KILL ALL THOSE MOTHERS.......
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

November 27, 2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
I wouldnt put a picture on the found poster.... force people to give you an accurate description. Good luck with it.

take him to a local vets, just have him checked out. If you end up keeping him. Check out friends of animals for fixin the cat. Good Luck and thanks for helping this little kitty out. And by the way if you do put the little santa outfit on the cat and it doesnt attack you..that cat is a keeper.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to java927  
Unread
  (#7)
Owner & Creator

November 27, 2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
Post a flyer... btw - a cat can fuck up a much larger dog real good, so get ready to pay for a really expensive meal at the vet center, he prob wouldn't have much of his face left.
I own a huge pitbull and a fat cat both live under the same roof.

So far Pitbull 1 cat 0
bit cats tail

last round pitbull 0 cat 0
dog got cat in the corner adn cat was trying to claw dog but dog kept its distance and was trying to bite it plus it had

Unread
  (#8)
Face Down @$$ UP

November 27, 2006, 11:58 AM

Had a friend in HS that hated cats so much. He caught 4 stray cats, buried them up to their necks in the yard, and proceeded to run over them with a push-lawn mower.
Cats are only good for 1 thing....

DoG FOOD~

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

November 27, 2006, 12:03 PM

Dogs have a mouth with teeth, cats have a mouth and 4 sets of very sharp claws, as well as being about 20 times more agile. You'll note that I said your dog WOULD eat the cat... if he could catch it, but he'll be fucked up, fucked up bad if the cats worth it's wieght.

I have a cat, and I wouldn't wish him, pissed off, on any dog.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#10)
Track Ho

November 27, 2006, 12:08 PM

I found a stray once it had a collar though I called the owner and bitched him out for letting his cat get out then hung up and buried it up to its head in the yard and left it lol

I hate cats Amer take it to the pound and drop it off, you arent a cat guy

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#11)
I miss you Jeff

November 27, 2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WvGoDFather
Had a friend in HS that hated cats so much. He caught 4 stray cats, buried them up to their necks in the yard, and proceeded to run over them with a push-lawn mower.
Cats are only good for 1 thing....

DoG FOOD~

I think that is one of the worst things I've ever heard. Your friend should be on meds.

~Jennifer~

LaoTzu: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a bite out of one and throw it back in the box if it sucks."

Rossi: "You are the SCHMOOPIFIER!"

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...SpicyTWAT1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cajen  
Unread
  (#12)
Ling Long

November 27, 2006, 12:21 PM

I microwaved a cat.

You actually kept it Amer? Pussy.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

November 27, 2006, 12:21 PM

I'm not much of an animal person, but cats are pretty much all I can deal with. Dogs are so fuckin stupid I seriously want to flip them off a two story window and see how they land . At least cats are clean, quite, and unobtrusive, and I don't have to take them out every goddamn 2 hours.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#14)
Rocket girl

November 27, 2006, 12:27 PM

aren't you gonna be sad if someone comes to get her???

Angie
05 GSX-R 600 sold

I will be back on 2!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to angiegsxr 600 Send a message via MSN to angiegsxr 600  
Unread
  (#15)
Face Down @$$ UP

November 27, 2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajen

I think that is one of the worst things I've ever heard. Your friend should be on meds.
Actually Jen, 2 weeks after graduation, he ate 1/2 a book of acid, and blew his ex-girlfriends new b/f away. Point blank with a dble-barreled shotgun.
Last I heard he is still in Crownsville state hospital.

Never said, he wasnt sick...

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather