DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 479
2 members and 477 guests
Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
and the category is - people that it would be fun to hurt
Unread
  (#1)
Banned

and the category is - people that it would be fun to hurt - March 5, 2007, 12:01 PM

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...0359/-1/NEWS01

Abandoned dog euthanized; owner sought

By ROBIN BROWN, The News Journal Posted Sunday, March 4, 2007
Veterinary technician Sarah Van Aken sits with a 6-month-old brindle pit bull Thursday after it was found abandoned in a home in Wilton. The pit bull was euthanized late Friday after initial attempts to save it failed. (Buy photo) The News Journal/MATTHEW JONAS

Authorities are seeking the public's help finding a man who has been charged with nine counts of animal cruelty in connection with a puppy found caged and starving in his former Wilton home.

The 6-month-old brindle pit bull -- little more than skin and bones -- was euthanized late Friday due to the severity of its medical problems and his pain and suffering, said Delaware SPCA Executive Director John E. Caldwell.

Freddie Lee Gray Jr., apparently vacated his Wedgefield Court home near the U.S. 13-U.S. 40 split and moved out everything but the dog, Caldwell said.

The dog was suffering from months-old medical problems and may have been left for weeks, said Sarah Van Aken, a veterinary technician.

A worker changing locks Tuesday night found the puppy in a cage in a second-floor bedroom, Caldwell said. The worker called the Delaware SPCA, he said. The nonprofit pet adoption agency also investigates cruelty cases statewide.

The nine count arrest warrant obtained by Delaware SPCA Cruelty Investigator John Saville charges the 42-year-old Gray with three counts of cruel neglect for dog abandonment, failure to provide sanitary conditions and failure to provide proper care to prevent the dog's poor condition and to provide veterinary care for treatment of that condition.

Under state law, animal cruelty is punishable by a fine of as much as $5,000 and five years in prison.

"This is one of the worst cases of cruelty I've ever seen," said Caldwell, the Delaware SPCA's director for more than 25 years. "He was in extremely critical condition." "His gums were pale and he wasn't moving," Van Aken said. He appeared to have survived by eating feces and licking his decaying flesh and scabs, she said.

His initial crisis care topped $1,000 for antibiotics, fluids, liquid nutrition, mite treatment, necrotic flesh removal and pain medication, Caldwell said.

By Thursday, he could walk a little. Van Aken said he drank a little water, but still couldn't eat. His joints were swollen, inflamed and misshapen, a condition attributed to calcium deficiency from too little food or poor diet.

He suffered severe malnourishment, dehydration, anemia and mange from mite infestation, Caldwell said. He weighed 22 pounds "when ideal weight would be about 40," he said.

At that point, the puppy was expected to survive with months of treatment and recovery. "He's a sweetheart," Van Aken said, holding him Thursday. He welcomed petting and during one treatment, she said, "He just curled up in my lap." But Friday, "he just went downhill fast," Caldwell said; his temperature spiked, he grew lethargic and was rushed for emergency veterinary care. His condition was so poor, the wounds so deep, his pain and suffering so severe, the veterinarian recommended euthanasia for humane reasons, Caldwell said, and by SPCA policy, they were obligated to comply. "It's a shame," he said. "Poor little guy."

Contact robin brown at 324-2856 or rbrown@delawareonline.com. TIPS SOUGHT

Those with tips on the whereabouts of Freddie Lee Gray Jr., charged with allegedly abandoning a puppy in Wilton, are asked to call the Delaware SPCA's 24-hour line at 998-2281.

HOW TO HELP

Tax-deductible donations to help pay for the puppy's medical treatment may be sent in checks payable to the "Second Chance Fund," in care of the Delaware SPCA, Box 6067, Stanton, DE 19804.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

March 5, 2007, 12:15 PM

People really are capable of such cruelty towards other creatures. Dogs know nothing but how to love you. This kind of stuff breaks my heart.
Unread
  (#3)
Nothing here

March 5, 2007, 12:31 PM

Dude! Put a warning on this one please! I hate reading about animals getting abused like that and when I opened it, I just started reading. I'm seriously so sick right now. That guy needs some stick time through street justice.
Unread
  (#4)
Mooo

March 5, 2007, 12:31 PM

poor lil' guy
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Quake4Ialdaris1  
Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

March 5, 2007, 12:32 PM

I have nothing for people who hurt baby animals. Hurting a full grown dog is one thing, but a puppy. Brindles are so beautiful too... this is very sad.

That's just fucking sick.....

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; March 5, 2007 at 01:09 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#6)
Groundhogs can play dead

March 5, 2007, 12:58 PM

I really need to not read those things. My eyes are welling up at work.

wow.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to