DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 499
6 members and 493 guests
BigDaddyShoo, BlackHatch, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Sal_the_man, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Cell Phone Geeks: How Easy is it to Bug a Cell Phone?
Unread
  (#1)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

Cell Phone Geeks: How Easy is it to Bug a Cell Phone? - April 14, 2013, 10:26 AM

Question: How easy is it to bug a cell phone? Especially for someone who is not particularly tech savvy? And what about if someone is tech savvy?

Back Story: My brother, who as time goes on, seems to have more and more mental issues, especially paranoia, and people are out to get him, etc. He's definitely off a bit mentally. Has difficulty holding down a job, high school dropout, long history of drug and alcohol abuse, a couple DWI's, etc. He has lots of emotional highs and lows, has managed to loose all his friends.

He has been married for about 10 yrs now and the marriage went bad a few years ago but they remain together as separate individuals more or less in the same house. At one point they did some wife swapping during their ectasy, coke, & crack phase early in the marriage. He insists that his wife has been having an affair these last few years. All these allegations of the affair, never seems to have supporting evidence. But I'm too far away to have any real idea or not. She has been married 3X, and I do believe its certainly possible she could be in an ongoing affair, but I really don't know.

He insists his wife (and or alleged boyfriend) have bugged his cell phone, and my mothers cell phone, as he spends a lot of time at my mothers house. In order to make him look crazy, so that he can be made to look bad, unstable, and the cause of a divorce. Then the house, would go to his wife & boyfriend and he is squeezed out of the picture. If that makes any sense.

She is hardly tech savvy. But alleged boyfriend could be savvy enough to do it.

I have to say, some shred of this could be possible, My brother has very unsteady employment at the most menial jobs. She cleans houses on the side and works at a very low nr min wage job.

Between the two of them are living at a poverty level in PG County. How could they pay a $2000 monthly mortgage? And why hasn't the house been foreclosed on?
The big question is who has been paying the mortgage for the last 2 years? He says he hasn't.

I am very skeptical of most of it. And think the real truth lies somewhere between the two extremes. He always seems to have lots of allegations but little or nothing in the way of support for his claims. And when you question them, he gets agitated & belligerent.

So my question is....
How easy is it to bug a cell phone? Especially for someone who is not particularly tech savvy? And what about if someone is tech savvy?

Thanks. This soap opera sucks. At least I'm 35 miles away from it.

Last edited by morsetaper2; April 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

April 14, 2013, 11:25 AM

Generally, they'd have to have some sort of app(software) installed on the phone to do it.

What type of phone is he using? If it's not a smart phone, I think the ability to bug it would be very difficult.

If it's an android or something similar, should remove any unknown applications or do a factory reset.

If they are using the phones Wifi, if someone is very tech savy, they can monitor what they are doing on the phone I believe....

If you wanna believe all the CSI and NCIS type shows, then the government can activate your phones camera/mic/gps at any time the battery is in......
Unread
  (#3)
I'm a llama again!

April 14, 2013, 11:28 AM

Does he have a smart phone? House phone don't see how endless they have some device inline where the phone lines come into the house. But tapping a home phone is super easy just depends on how cool you want to do it.

Cell Phone Bugging | Best Cell Phone Bugging Software | Bug A Cell phone | Mobile phone Bugging Software

For a smart phone it does not appear all that hard with software.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.

Last edited by Slider; April 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM..
Unread
  (#4)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

April 14, 2013, 11:37 AM

He has a smart phone. Not an Iphone. But not sure what kind of phone it is. He hardly has any $$ to his name so its really going to be really low end phone. And maybe used, older model.

My mothers phone is NOT a smart phone. But its newer.

I know hardly anything about cell phones. I use a pay as you go basic phone.

Last edited by morsetaper2; April 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM..