DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
3 members and 541 guests
davidcycle, nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Cell Phone Saves Victimís Life in Drive-by Shooting
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Cell Phone Saves Victimís Life in Drive-by Shooting - April 13, 2006, 02:05 AM

*News : Cell Phone Saves Victimís Life in Drive-by Shooting
Posted by sabraham on 2006/4/12 12:16:11 (129 reads)
HAGERSTOWN, MD- Police are investigating a drive-by shooting spree that happened early Wednesday morning in Hagerstown.

Police said drive-by shootings are uncommon in the area. The first incident was caught on surveillance video and the second had multiple witnesses.

Police said it's enough information to believe the two are linked.

Police said it happened just before 2 a.m. on Wednesday. The first shooting took place between North and Jonathan streets, when officials received a call that shots were fired.

Moments later a second call came from the intersection of Hamilton Lane and Forest Road. The victim told police while sitting in the back seat of a gray Nissan on Forest Road, a silver minivan drove up and began shooting at the car.

The driver of the car put the vehicle in reverse, made a u-turn and escaped, but not before the victim was shot in the hip. Police said his cell phone saved his life.

ďActually it struck him in the hip area but actually struck his cell phone and cell phone carrier which actually stopped the bullet from actually doing any harm to him. He did have a minor injury to his hip area,Ē said Sgt. Paul Kifer, from the Hagerstown Police Dept.

Police said the victim said he doesnít know who shot him. After two drive-by shootings in one night police said they are continuing with their investigation.

NBC25ís Sharia Davis will have more on this story on the news at five and six.

Reported by Sharia Davis
sdavis@nbc25.com

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
Street Bonk Bum.....

April 13, 2006, 06:21 AM

damn.............how lucky is that??
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
April 13, 2006, 09:12 AM

No shit

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 13, 2006, 09:20 AM

like flanders and his X-Large piece of the original cross that he wears around his neck, and his bible in his left breast pocket.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#5)
BOHICA

April 13, 2006, 09:20 AM

Morons can't hit a large body sitting still, but manage to hit the cell phone. What blind guy taught them how to shoot?

About as good as the freshmen that couldn't hit the target with the M9 but somehow managed to hit the cable that turned the targets for the rapid fire coures of fire. You can't hit a man sized target, but you hit a cable .25" wide?

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#6)
I am a bitch, so what?

April 13, 2006, 09:25 AM

Gotta remember. It did happen in Hagerstown.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#7)
Face Down @$$ UP

April 13, 2006, 12:21 PM

The funnier thing about that is, if he doesnt have insurance on his phone. He is gonna have to pay Full retail price to get it replaced. That should be a huge marketing gimic for the manufact. of that phone....
Takes calls, answers them, sends text, recieves BULLETS, and STOPS them.
Yes this highly classified DELTA teams cellphone can be yours if the low low price of $13,500. And thats out the door, today..And I Will even through in a carbon fiber carrying case for free. LMAO
See LEO's should have figured this out along time ago. Cellphones are on the most important things in anyone persons life today. Screw the non-lethal hostage surrenders.
Shoot dem sum bitchs in their cellphones, they will come out.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#8)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 13, 2006, 12:24 PM

"my phone has a theft deturrant system"

"really?"

"yea, try and steal it."

*WHACK*

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#9)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 13, 2006, 12:46 PM

Can you shoot me now?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#10)
Face Down @$$ UP

April 13, 2006, 04:02 PM

Rounds I fire, wont have problems reaching out and touching someone..
Good Ole Bell Atlantic. This guy was extermely lucky though, dr.'s said if would probably hit vital area of blood supply, and bleed out within mintues.