DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
2 members and 563 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
A+ Certification question
Unread
  (#1)
Owner & Creator

A+ Certification question - November 29, 2006, 10:12 AM

I am taking the hardware part of the test next week.

It says you need a 515 out of 900 to pass the test
515 out of 900 is =57% ???
out of 80 questions you can only miss about 30 some questions?

am I understanding that right?

Any tips on what to concentrate on the most.

I'm also trying to take the OS part by December 31st since it's being changed for 2007

I took the course back when I was 16/17 but didn't test

Last edited by Carnage; November 29, 2006 at 10:26 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

November 29, 2006, 10:28 AM

Clown JK John good luck on the test brother.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#3)
Owner & Creator

November 29, 2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArRrR6
Clown JK John good luck on the test brother.

I got the following stuff from google. Just need to verify the amount of questions that I can miss.

21 chapters 900 some pages for only 80-85 questions!

Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

November 29, 2006, 10:40 AM

Exam Cost: $152 each.
Exam Location: You can register for the exam at any Pearson VUE and Thompson Prometric center.
Time Allocated: 90 minutes per exam
Total marks: 900
Minimum Pass Marks: 515 for A+ Core & 505 for A+ OS
Number Of Questions: Approximatly 80 questions per exam
Exam format: Linear format; computer-based test (CBT)
Prerequisites: None
Validation Period: Certification does not expire
Score Report: Delivered immediate on test completion

when they say marks, Im guessing that each question will have multiple areas that you will need to answer as there are only 80 actual questions for each exam but a minumum of 515 areas/marks that will need to be answered to pass. I could of used the A+ for my last job but decided to go the MSCA/MSCE route since I do more of that now and not actual hardware troubleshooting.

Katie 135

Last edited by Brooks; November 29, 2006 at 10:42 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#5)
Owner & Creator

November 29, 2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
Exam Cost: $152 each.
Exam Location: You can register for the exam at any Pearson VUE and Thompson Prometric center.
Time Allocated: 90 minutes per exam
Total marks: 900
Minimum Pass Marks: 515 for A+ Core & 505 for A+ OS
Number Of Questions: Approximatly 80 questions per exam
Exam format: Linear format; computer-based test (CBT)
Prerequisites: None
Validation Period: Certification does not expire
Score Report: Delivered immediate on test completion

when they say marks, Im guessing that each question will have multiple areas that you will need to answer as there are only 80 actual questions for each exam but a minumum of 515 areas/marks that will need to be answered to pass. I could of used the A+ for my last job but decided to go the MSCA/MSCE route since I do more of that now and not actual hardware troubleshooting.
Let's say that the A+ Core has 5 sections i would need a score of 515 or higher on each section to pass the overall test. If I get below the 515 mark in a section and pass the rest i still fail?
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

November 29, 2006, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure if they do it by sections like the MS tests are. Looks like you just need 515 "marks" total to pass the test. I no one here can answer I'd call up a Pearson VUE or Prometric training center or ask the people administering the test at your location. If you are taking practice exams all the objectives/passing grades should be listed. Comptia.org is another place to look. They are the ones who make the tests.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#7)
Owner & Creator

November 29, 2006, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
I'm not sure if they do it by sections like the MS tests are. Looks like you just need 515 "marks" total to pass the test. I no one here can answer I'd call up a Pearson VUE or Prometric training center or ask the people administering the test at your location. If you are taking practice exams all the objectives/passing grades should be listed. Comptia.org is another place to look. They are the ones who make the tests.
i've been googling, been to their site, reading the objectives etc..... was just trying to figure out if you need a 515 to pass out of 900 that woud equal a 57% meaning you can miss about 30 questions.

I know .net is filled with techies.
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

November 29, 2006, 12:04 PM

how about you dont worry about the minimum score and just focus on Acing the test? I mean how will this help you anyway?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#9)
Owner & Creator

November 29, 2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
how about you dont worry about the minimum score and just focus on Acing the test? I mean how will this help you anyway?
It will teach me to study harder and make sure I don't miss answers or get them wrong.

Like if you don't know a answer you can tell yourself fuck 1 answer wrong already, can't miss anymore.
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

November 29, 2006, 12:17 PM

whatever helps man. Just sayin you should just focus on passing the test, not how many you can get wrong.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
Owner & Creator

November 29, 2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
whatever helps man. Just sayin you should just focus on passing the test, not how many you can get wrong.
any certain areas I should study?

IBM-compatible error standards?
IRQ's?
I/O adresses
cable length
10base????
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

November 29, 2006, 12:26 PM

yes

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
Republicans for Voldemort

November 29, 2006, 03:11 PM

Are the A+ Adaptive... the latest MS ones record what answers you get wrong and give you more of the same questions... ie if you can't do TCP/IP subnetting and get a question wrong - you get more TCP/IP questions... So you can't be strong in some areas but NOT others - you gotta study it all...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#14)
Owner & Creator

November 29, 2006, 04:05 PM

I'm reading page per page, chapter for chapter. Just looking for advice. I've done the google research and comptia.org research just looking for those that have took it already. Novarc51 has helped me out w/some info as well.
Unread
  (#15)
Playing with toys

November 29, 2006, 06:04 PM

Check ya PM

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER