DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 595
1 members and 594 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Church Shooting in Charleston, SC
Unread
  (#1)
i suck at the introweb

Church Shooting in Charleston, SC - June 19, 2015, 10:18 AM

Surprised nobody posted this:

The latest on church shooting: Steady stream at memorial - WTOP

Shooting suspect feared 'blacks were taking over the world' - WTOP

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Fast Lane Racing

June 19, 2015, 11:34 AM

Why bother... It's posted everywhere else already. We've been due for something like this. It's been a few months.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

June 19, 2015, 01:38 PM

Oh, it's being discussed. Along with other sub-tone discussion that are happening in around social media not withstanding the the decided lack of dog whistle phrases, charged language, and nuveau cloaked euphemisms by the media is certainly being noticed.

Not once has anyone referred to him as a:
- Thug
- Domestic Terrorist

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Fast Lane Racing

June 19, 2015, 02:17 PM

The white priv thing is a bit out of place here.

It's definitely likely he was a loner with confidence issues etc. Quiet and soft spoken was probably the case. There was no middle ground for him. He didn't have confidence and was a small kid. He wasn't roughing people up and acting out. He swung for the fences right away and started blasting.

I'm pretty sure it's been established Mike Brown was being an asshole before he got shot.

Also, those arrests are completely different. I bet the entire place was surrounded by LEO and he was led out by detectives. Versus the cigarette dude who was choked out by street cops who are far more physical.

The whole Justice for Dylan Roof thing is retarded and probably a joke to piss people off.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Railing!

June 19, 2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS762ZX6 View Post
The white priv thing is a bit out of place here.

It's definitely likely he was a loner with confidence issues etc. Quiet and soft spoken was probably the case. There was no middle ground for him. He didn't have confidence and was a small kid. He wasn't roughing people up and acting out. He swung for the fences right away and started blasting.

I'm pretty sure it's been established Mike Brown was being an asshole before he got shot.
The shooter here had been convicted of a few charges before this incident, was a high school drop out, and his roommate feared he would potentially hurt people. He didn't turn into an asshole just this week. Maybe he has mental health issues, but truth is he is a racist hateful psychopath that murdered a bunch of innocent people in a church no less.

I just don't think he deserves to be described with kid gloves. None of this 'quiet troubled youth' nonsense. Because many didn't treat Michael Brown so charitably and he didn't murder a bunch of people.

Quote:
Also, those arrests are completely different. I bet the entire place was surrounded by LEO and he was led out by detectives. Versus the cigarette dude who was choked out by street cops who are far more physical.
Yeah I think it's a bit unfair to compare the situations to prove the point that black people are treated worse by the police. The two incidents involved different people in situations hundreds of miles apart. Unless you had the same cop choke out a black dude over a minor infraction and courteously arrest a white mass murderer, it's not really fair to draw a straight comparison between the two. I understand the perception problem there though.

Still, Eric Garner was merely selling cigarettes illegally, which is just a ticketable offense. The level of force used against him didn't fit the crime. That'd be like the police running someone over while trying to arrest them for jaywalking.

WERA #88 Nov
CCS #880 Am
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

June 19, 2015, 02:47 PM

NRA board member blames Charleston shooting deaths on pastor’s vote against guns in churches

A board member for the National Rifle Association blamed pastor and South Carolina state Sen. Clementa Pinckney for not only his own death, but the deaths of eight others in Wednesday night’s terrorist attack at his church, Think Progress reported on Thursday night.

Charles “Chas” Cotton made the remark on the Texas Concealed Handgun License (TexasCHL) forum, which bills itself as “the focal point for Texas firearms information and discussions.” Cotton, who is listed as a moderator on the site, made the derogatory remark in a thread concerning the mass shooting.

“He voted against concealed-carry,” Cotton said of Pinckney. “Eight of his church members who might be alive if he had expressly allowed members to carry handguns in church are dead. Innocent people died because of his position on a political issue.”

A screenshot of Cotton’s statement can be seen below:

Pinckney was the head pastor at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church for five years and a member of the state Senate since 2000. The bill, which was proposed in 2011, would have allowed gun owners to bring their firearms into not only churches, but daycare centers and restaurants, but ultimately failed.

Authorities identified the other victims on Thursday as 45-year-old Rev. Sharonda Singleton; Rev. DePayne Middleton-Doctor, 49; Rev. Daniel L. Simmons Sr., 74; Myra Thompson, 59; Tywanza Sanders, 26; Ethel Lee Lance, 70; Cynthia Hurd, 54; and 87-year-old Susie Jackson.

The suspect, 21-year-old Dylann Roof, was apprehended on Thursday.

Earlier this year, Cotton argued on the TexasCHL website that teachers should be allowed to spank students so that he would not have to “put a bullet” in them. He has also accused President Barack Obama and “multi-billionaires Michael Bloomberg and George Soros,” among others of being part of a plot to undermine Second Amendment rights, particularly after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut in December 2012.

“The anti-gun response by all of those making up the Obama-Bloomberg Coalition was too rapid, too coordinated, too well-funded, and too consistent to have been an impromptu response to the tragedy in Newtown Connecticut,” Cotton wrote in a blog post a month after the attack. “President Obama obviously wanted to wait until after the presidential election to launch his the anti-gun campaign.”

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

June 19, 2015, 07:01 PM

Yep, I'll say it. Go fuck yourself, South Carolina. Go fuck your, Mother and your sister too.

Every S.C. Statehouse Flag Is at Half Staff--Except the Confederate One

The state of South Carolina so reveres the memory of its armed defense of American slavery that lowering the Confederate Battle Flag that flies at full staff outside of its state house would require an official act of government—even after a racist murderer killed a state lawmaker and eight other residents in cold blood.

While the U.S. and South Carolina state flags that fly above the South Carolina state house were lowered to half-mast today in mourning for the nine victims of last night’s shooting at a historic black church in Charleston, the Confederate flag on display outside the building is still flying high and proud.

The continued display is something of a technical issue. State law demands that the government “ensure that the flags authorized above shall be placed at all times as directed in this section and shall replace the flags at appropriate intervals as may be necessary due to wear,” writes Schuyler Kropf at the Post and Courier. In other words, the flag can’t be pulled down until it’s voted on.

Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

June 19, 2015, 07:45 PM

Another good example for the need of the return of quick justice in this country. We'd be better off if the shooter had been carried out in a body bag.

In lieu of that we should have gallows outside of courthouses so that when a murderer is caught red-handed and found guilty in court they can be marched out and strung up, no fuss no muss no appeals. Of course, if we did that we wouldn't have such a large prison population. But it will never fly, bleeding hearts think it's wrong. The government can't get all that extra money for prisons if they aren't full. And big business knows you can't make money off a dead prisoner, a lifer is a gold mine though...

We're F&%ked as a country. Accept it and move on.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#9)
Derpentine Dealer

June 19, 2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
Another good example for the need of the return of quick justice in this country. We'd be better off if the shooter had been carried out in a body bag.

In lieu of that we should have gallows outside of courthouses so that when a murderer is caught red-handed and found guilty in court they can be marched out and strung up, no fuss no muss no appeals. Of course, if we did that we wouldn't have such a large prison population. But it will never fly, bleeding hearts think it's wrong. The government can't get all that extra money for prisons if they aren't full. And big business knows you can't make money off a dead prisoner, a lifer is a gold mine though...

You've said some really insightful and thought-proviking things on the site. These are not among them. I'm fairly shocked by your willingness to toss out die process, as if somehow these victims are more dead than countless other victims of deadly crime. Let me ask you this. What happens when you swing an innocent man from these gallows you're proposing.

Calm down; think about what you're saying, people.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

June 19, 2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
You've said some really insightful and thought-proviking things on the site. These are not among them. I'm fairly shocked by your willingness to toss out die process, as if somehow these victims are more dead than countless other victims of deadly crime. Let me ask you this. What happens when you swing an innocent man from these gallows you're proposing.

Calm down; think about what you're saying, people.
Personally, I'd take swinging from a rope over spending the rest of my life in a prison. Regardless, perhaps you missed where I said 'Caught red handed". I wasn't suggesting that those convicted based on only "beyond a reasonable doubt" get that treatment. Yes, execution is retribution, plain and simple, and I'm ok with that.

As a country we have killed (and will do so again) thousands of innocent people and called it collateral damage. Yet we have an issue killing murders? Chew on that a bit. Doesn't strike you as an odd set of values?

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.

Last edited by windblown; June 19, 2015 at 09:51 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
i suck at the introweb

June 19, 2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post

An estimated 20,000 people turn out to witness the execution of of 22-year old Rainey Bethea in America's last ever public hanging on August 14, 1936 in Owensboro, Kentucky

Smiling on death row: This 1928 photo provided by the Franklin County Historic Preservation Society in Benton, Ill., shows bootlegging gangster Charlie Birger, center, on the gallows just before his public hanging in Benton

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!

Last edited by short_mike; June 19, 2015 at 10:14 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

June 20, 2015, 10:30 AM

Meanwhile our favorite friends at Faux News were labeling this an attack on the Christian faith, not a racially motivated incident.

It's about as faith based an attack as a shooting on a train is an attack against the public transportation system.

I am beyond fed up with the motherfuckers at that channel. May everyone there who willingly writes copy, edits, reads and broadcasts this utter horse shit catch a venereal disease.

Quote:
"Elizabeth Hasselbeck: A horrifying attack on faith killing 9 people, including a famed pastor. So, if we're not safe in our own churches, then where are we safe?"

“Extraordinarily they called it a hate crime,” Doocy said. “Some look at it because it was a white guy apparently at a black church. But you just made a great point a moment ago about hostility towards Christians. And it was a church. So maybe that’s what they’re talking about. They haven’t explained it to us.”
I guess next week they call him a good guy who loved and respected his parents, but turned into wayward young man through lack of employment caused by Obama's failed domestic economic policies

I swear I can feel that one coming down the pipe ... I almost want to put money on it.

Presidential Candidate Rick Perry refers to this event as an 'accident'? An accident?

But better yet, the pretrial Bond judge, he opens up the hearing with a 3 minute long pre-amable asking that we show sympathy for the shooter's family and that his family is also a victim.

What in the total mindf... ?

...and the cherry on top. The Confederate Flag over the State House, forget having it taken down, we can't even get the bitch to fly at half-mast even though a state senator was assassinated.

Un-fucking-believeable.

Unread
  (#13)
TNT
GP Champ

June 21, 2015, 01:46 AM

I'm a bit confused on the back and forth. A guy goes out and murders 9 people. He's far from normal and can't possibly be representative of general society (if he is, then I'll be the first to head for the hills).

The day after, there're dozens of major networks talking about "broader societal issues?"

I get it - it was a racist mass murder. It's terrible. Are we surprised that there are (very very few) people like this out there? You can find the six-sigma population with any number of bizarre, crazy, evil, or insane motivations. So, is there something we should be focused on other than how to stop these nutcases before they can fulfill their destructive potential?

I fail to see how I should draw inferences about society from the acts of a complete outlier. And, being an outlier, why oh why are we demanding any changes other than those that have potential impact to address these outliers? How is this psychopath representative of me, or you, or any of the people you see on a daily basis? Why should we be trying to change what they do?

I can understand where the anger is coming from, but the direction kind of baffles me. For instance, why are we overly concerned with the confederate flag? Sure, I agree it should just be in a museum. But all of a sudden, NOW we have a problem with it? Where was the outrage from the likes of Romney two weeks ago? Two years ago? "Take it down now because it hurts people's feelings?" I also fail to see how that flag is the symbol of slavery in America. I might be ignorant of a few things, but calling the Civil War a war for/against slavery is a drastic oversimplification. Sure, it was a major political issue, but it wasn't the cause of the war. That's like saying the taxes were the cause of the Revolutionary War. But what do I know? According to popular conception, Lincoln was the great emancipator and beacon of justice, while any grey coat was a vile slave-owning sadist, right?

I wonder if we'll ever finally get over it. Probably not. At some point, you have to stop blaming your parents for everything that happens in your life, just like you have to stop blaming the previous generations for everything that happens in your society. If we do think racism is a significant problem affecting peoples' safety, care, etc., then we can't keep using the excuse that it's a problem that's been handed down to us. It's our problem rooted in current events, not the past, and it is nobody's fault but our own. We've had the capability to address it, and if we think it's still a problem, we ought to quit hiding behind the legacy excuse (for not only "evidence" but also justification for inaction).

Now, what should we be considering?
1. What can we do for the families and friends of those killed?
2. How do we reasonably mitigate the destructive potential of crazy people in the future?

I'm so tired of every single incident being used to fuel a political campaign. A single data point does not a trend make. I'm sick of statistical ignorance guiding the masses and fueling vitriol for no other purpose than fulfilling some pompous jackass' agenda.

Last edited by TNT; June 21, 2015 at 01:50 AM..
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

June 21, 2015, 07:07 AM

The gun control debate always pops up after these incidents but not after routine violence. The way certain political groups use these mass homicides is disingenuous, as Ben Shapiro illustrates with Piers Morgan. If you haven't seen this video, you need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiU8dyEYyGg

NOTE: I'm so sick and tired of the voodoo one has to go through in order to embed a video here. I'm no longer bothering. It's a link, click it. No embed.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; June 21, 2015 at 07:10 AM..
Unread
  (#15)
TNT
GP Champ

June 21, 2015, 02:51 PM

I already expect the "gun control" debate on any of these issues, and it's not really my biggest concern at this point. I've pretty much given up trying to argue with people who will continually try to suppress minority populations under the guise of "safety" and instead, I just do my part to educate people who are willing to learn (take them to the range, show them basic marksmanship techniques, introduce them to the sport of target shooting, and, if they are interested, explain why an armed populace is a necessary element of freedom).

What is driving me nuts are the far-reaching claims of causality, broad brush statements about society, and calls for action that make little or no sense when compared with our concerns prior to the tragedy. We feel the need to take action, but we haven't even successfully identified the real problems, so we create a bunch of pointless initiatives that have little or no impact just so we can feel better about ourselves. All the meanwhile, we'll continue to ignore basic issues affecting us everyday because our supposed pundits don't have a shred of mathematical knowledge.