DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 533
6 members and 527 guests
Dark, Gots_a_sol, gsgs, Heist, KirkRoy, t84a
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#61)
250 cc's of awesomeness

December 12, 2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Another thing to think about...

what if they start deciding all these libertarians with their small gov views and gun collections are terrorists?

The thing about these methods is, everyone seems ok with them until they're turned within.

We need to be destroying the idea that it's ok for us to do this. to anyone
I agree
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#62)
GP Champ

December 12, 2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Another thing to think about...

what if they start deciding all these libertarians with their small gov views and gun collections are terrorists?

The thing about these methods is, everyone seems ok with them until they're turned within.

We need to be destroying the idea that it's ok for us to do this. to anyone
+1
Unread
  (#63)
Meh

December 12, 2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
BlackHatch you're missing the points...

1.) Torture isn't really effective in producing actionable intel compared to other intel activities

2.) We're supposed to be better than this

Yeah, Feinswine and company KNEW the shit and they're doing it for politics. It's true

Doesn't make the torture any more right
Not missing the point at all big guy.

I didn't defend the practice one time but I do call into the question the supposed "harshness" of the practices.

To attempt to make the moral equivalency between our "torture" programs and how they treat people that aren't even combatants is pathetic. Those are the comparisons that are now being made and we are now the worse of the two in this comparative.

The fact is that most of the detainees in our custody have likely had longer lifespans in our custody than they would at home.

Do I think we should do it or even dirty our hands with this filth...no. But just wait until they blow some more sh*t up inside our borders. Everyone will be claiming foul and saying we should have done more.

Welcome to the police state at that point. We will be just like the UK with cameras on every corner and eyes inside every email.
Unread
  (#64)
Meh

December 15, 2014, 07:08 AM

Listened to an interesting interview by one of the CIA directors of this program.

While it is known to those who have read up on the facts, he indicated that he briefed specific members of Congress better than 30 times on the program and results.

I guess this is another example of Nancy Pelosi having no idea who Jonathan Gruber is after she specifically references his input on her own site.

He also challenged the assertion that the intelligence gained wasn't actionable or useful as outright false. The intelligence they learned was quite useful and certainly more useful than that which can be gained from an explosive projectile fired from 10,000 feet above.
Unread
  (#65)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

December 15, 2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Listened to an interesting interview by one of the CIA directors of this program.

While it is known to those who have read up on the facts, he indicated that he briefed specific members of Congress better than 30 times on the program and results.

I guess this is another example of Nancy Pelosi having no idea who Jonathan Gruber is after she specifically references his input on her own site.

He also challenged the assertion that the intelligence gained wasn't actionable or useful as outright false. The intelligence they learned was quite useful and certainly more useful than that which can be gained from an explosive projectile fired from 10,000 feet above.
Yeah man, they briefed congress over and over on VERY detailed specifics of the program. Congress is now being fuckfaces.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#66)
Meh

December 15, 2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah man, they briefed congress over and over on VERY detailed specifics of the program. Congress is now being fuckfaces.
You mentioned that earlier. It was funny to just listen to this guy answer the questions with incredulity. You could hear the dumbfounding in his voice to the assertion that Congress knew nothing....

Unread
  (#67)
Your Ad Here

December 15, 2014, 10:01 AM

Plausible deniability will NOT work in this case. Congress wants to act pious, but a small part of me wants the CIA to hack them and prove who knew what, and when.

If a few political heads are going to throw agency workers under the bus to score political points, then everyone must get under the bus.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#68)
The last urrbendah

December 15, 2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.

Last edited by Stillie; December 15, 2014 at 11:06 AM..
Unread
  (#69)
GP Champ

December 15, 2014, 11:16 AM

I think a lot of you guys would enjoy the discussions here:
IronGarm • View topic - So... that torture report
Unread
  (#70)
Your Ad Here

December 15, 2014, 01:38 PM

I watched Dick Cheney on Meet the Press this Sunday.

I think the Devil invites him over for dinner on occasion to talk shop.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#71)
Meh

December 15, 2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I watched Dick Cheney on Meet the Press this Sunday.

I think the Devil invites him over for dinner on occasion to talk shop.
Possibly but if you took a survey of who has violated the Constitution more, good ole BO would take a dump on him.

Take a minute to think about how our Constitutional Professor has sh*t on your rights with abandon.
Unread
  (#72)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

December 15, 2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Possibly but if you took a survey of who has violated the Constitution more, good ole BO would take a dump on him.

Take a minute to think about how our Constitutional Professor has sh*t on your rights with abandon.
Kinda like saying "Ouch, blackhatch kicked me in the balls! But i'm not worried bout it, cuz heist kicked my balls more"

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#73)
Your Ad Here

December 16, 2014, 06:03 AM

...and when you wake up and read that this happened overnight, you find yourself caring that much less about rectal rehydration.

Taliban gunmen stormed a school in Pakistan on Tuesday, killing dozens of students and wounding many more, Pakistan's military said.

It was not immediately clear if hostages were being held.

The attack began in the early morning, with the gunmen entering the school — a military-run facility in the northwestern city of Peshawar with students in grades 1-10 — and shooting at random, said police officer Javed Khan. Army commandos quickly arrived at the scene and exchanged fire with the gunmen, he said.

Pervez Khattak, the chief minister of the province, said as many as 84 children were killed, but there were unconfirmed reports the figure may be far higher.

According to Khattak, the 84 killed in the Tuesday attack were all "children" but hospital officials earlier said at least one of the fatalities was a teacher and one security official were also among the dead.

Jamil Shah, a spokesman for Lady Reading Hospital in the city, said the killed security official was a member of the Pakistani paramilitary forces.

Student Abdullah Jamal, who was shot in the leg, said he was with a group of 8th, 9th and 10th graders who were getting first-aid instructions and training with Pakistani army medics when the attack began. For the first few seconds, nobody knew what was happening, he said.

"Then I saw children falling down who were crying and screaming. I also fell down. I learned later that I have got a bullet," he said from his hospital bed.

"All the children had bullet wounds. All the children were bleeding."

Taliban spokesman Mohammed Khurasani claimed responsibility for the attack in a phone call to media, saying that six suicide bombers carried out the attack in revenge for the killings of Taliban members at the hands of Pakistani authorities.

Unread
  (#74)
Meh

December 16, 2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Kinda like saying "Ouch, blackhatch kicked me in the balls! But i'm not worried bout it, cuz heist kicked my balls more"

No argument there, just pointing out who is likely the bigger debil.

Constitutional scholar, opposed Bush's war on terror, thinks that debt spending is unpatriotic, wants to close Guantanamo, American citizens abroad, expansion of NSA surveillance programs and domestic spying, etc.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
...and when you wake up and read that this happened overnight, you find yourself caring that much less about rectal rehydration.

Taliban gunmen stormed a school in Pakistan on Tuesday, killing dozens of students and wounding many more, Pakistan's military said.
Freaking terrible.

FYI...the rectal hydration was done in an effort to forcibly rehydrate them so that they would not die in American custody from hunger and water strikes.

Sounds worse than it is but some people pay good money for that type of hangover cure or colonic.
Unread
  (#75)
Meh

December 16, 2014, 09:02 AM

BRET STEPHENS: I AM NOT SORRY THE CIA WATERBOARDED | RUTHFULLY YOURS