DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 489
3 members and 486 guests
beatle, KirkRoy, windblown
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#91)
Eddie would go ...

December 16, 2014, 02:44 PM

LOL

y'all have fun with this one.

Swiss gun ownership stats...lol trolled hard by the NRA I see.

Dude, I've lived there. I do know why that number is what it is.

If you really want to play that card and think I'm stupid enough to buy it you should probably mention that ammunition for said Swiss guns is not owned. So you see, by your own statistics, just owning a rifle is deterrent enough. You don't even need ammo. So why so folks whine about magazine restrictions,you shouldn't even have ammo to start with....

Also not a very diverse group at all, you know with the four languages groups and all that they have... They are also one of the top immigration destinations in Europe, have been since WWII. Check it son.

Get back to the CIA torture and keep this on track

I'll be interested, along with Rodman and his good friend Kim, to see what the UN has to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.

Last edited by Dutch; December 16, 2014 at 02:48 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#92)
Your Ad Here

December 16, 2014, 02:52 PM

First confirmed tally in Pakistan school attack:
142 deceased :: 132 are children.

This may set a record for the worst single event, intentional child massacre in history.

What the fuck is wrong is wrong with this people? Even if your some mindless, religious zealot intent on winding the clock back to the 6th Century, what part of your religious doctrine could EVER condone slaughtering children?

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#93)
GP Champ

December 16, 2014, 02:58 PM

If some Jew took out a Hitler youth school in WWII would you cry the same song?
Unread
  (#94)
Meh

December 16, 2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
LOL

y'all have fun with this one.

Swiss gun ownership stats...lol trolled hard by the NRA I see.

Dude, I've lived there. I do know why that number is what it is.

If you really want to play that card and think I'm stupid enough to buy it you should probably mention that ammunition for said Swiss guns is not owned. So you see, by your own statistics, just owning a rifle is deterrent enough. You don't even need ammo. So why so folks whine about magazine restrictions,you shouldn't even have ammo to start with....

Also not a very diverse group at all, you know with the four languages groups and all that they have... They are also one of the top immigration destinations in Europe, have been since WWII. Check it son.

Get back to the CIA torture and keep this on track

I'll be interested, along with Rodman and his good friend Kim, to see what the UN has to say.
In the absence of facts...conjecture fits the bill.

Switzerland is an almost entirely European...read white...populated country.

I didn't say it wasn't diverse...just that it is mostly European. Pretty sure they have more than one language in Europe.

You are right people want to go there. The standard of living is supremely high as it is Norway and other Nordic countries that have vast resources and industry for the number of people in that country.

Why wouldn't people want to immigrate into the 2nd or 3rd highest salary country in Europe?

Wasn't their attempt at a gun restrictions referendum just rejected?

Do you really think that Ammo is available?

I guess you passed on the other stats:

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center
Unread
  (#95)
Your Ad Here

December 16, 2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
If some Jew took out a Hitler youth school in WWII would you cry the same song?
Taking, young innocent minds, and indoctrinating them with hate, in and of itself is not a reason to agree with their pre-emptive slaughter.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#96)
GP Champ

December 16, 2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Taking, young innocent minds, and indoctrinating them with hate, in and of itself is not a reason to agree with their pre-emptive slaughter.
So just to be clear, you would condemn a Jew for taking out a Hitler youth school after Nazis killed his family in a concentration camp? (honest question... just seeing where you stand)
Unread
  (#97)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

December 16, 2014, 05:43 PM

Not the kids fault, and anyone who WOULD take out a hitler youth school in such a manner is an evil person

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#98)
Your Ad Here

December 16, 2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
So just to be clear, you would condemn a Jew for taking out a Hitler youth school after Nazis killed his family in a concentration camp? (honest question... just seeing where you stand)
The answer to this question is not diametric. There is context and shading.

A Jew in grief would be somewhat understandable, but would still leave me with an unfavorable opinion.

If a Jew held credible knowledge these kids were to be imminently deployed and sent out to kill other Jews, then I would have some softening on my stance. I wouldn't like it, but I understand.

However, sending in a a hit squad of Jews whose sole purpose was to indiscriminately shoot as many kids as possible would be absolutely unpalatable by my standard, and I would call for their trial.

Unread
  (#99)
Eddie would go ...

December 16, 2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
In the absence of facts...conjecture fits the bill.

Switzerland is an almost entirely European...read white...populated country.

I didn't say it wasn't diverse...just that it is mostly European. Pretty sure they have more than one language in Europe.

Do you really think that Ammo is available?
Quote:
Haven't you been in Switzerland? A whopping 1.5% of people from non-European countries. Yes. Very diverse.
I'm guessing it is you who hasn't been to Switzerland. About 20 % of the population has an immigrant background. If you want to call them all "whites: and therefore not diverse...so be it. The kurds, turks and slavics of the country might see it a little different.

Ammo is highly regulated and controlled. Yes it is available at ranges, but you must also expend it all while you are there.

Field trip time sir.

The Swiss make a poor example to use in support of responsible gun proliferation as it is not by their choice but by mandate. Also they has no bullets man...no pew pew..just point point...

“Conjecture as to things useful, is good; but conjecture as to what it would be useless to know, is very idle”

so is this still the CIA torture thread or Grieving Judean Hitler Youth Annihilation Front thread? or was it the Popular Front...

Quote:
Unread
  (#100)
Eddie would go ...

December 16, 2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Should you be held responsible for the crimes of your father? grandfather?

or are you just using children as a marker/bargaining chip in the settlement of war atrocities? For shame....

Quote:
Unread
  (#101)
Meh

December 17, 2014, 09:33 AM

Dutch,

You never address Heist's point at the front of the discussion. I could care less of Switzerland nor was it the spearhead of my argument. As a matter of fact, I wasn't the one making the drive by about school shootings.

Heist made the point that they haven't had a school shooting in Israel. A nation that is surrounded by sworn enemies, an active combat zone, and probably the most hated nation (behind the US) in the world.

Do you have a point to make here? Citing Switzerland, Austria, and Belgium are hardly reflective examples of Israel nor are they great examples of a corollary between less guns and less violence.

Ammo may be highly regulated in Switzerland within her borders, but to make that the basis of your argument for the reason that Switzerland hasn't had school shooting is flawed. Ammo is quite attainable and the country is flanked on all sides by countries where ammo can easily be bought and transported.

93% from Germany, France, and Italy. Not sure most would refer to that as diverse in my book.

Statistical information about Switzerland
Unread
  (#102)
GP Champ

December 17, 2014, 10:56 AM

Well gents, after hearing your stance, I'll dip into mine. It's a terrible thing. However, these guys are at war and war is a terrible thing. It's not clean. It's not pretty. If they lose, they and their way of life are dead. That's serious motivation. The idea is to make is so bad the other side loses their resolve and quits... to make it not worth the fight. Spit in my face? I punch you in yours. Shoot one of my guys? I'll shoot 10 of yours. Kill a handful of our leaders? We'll take out a school and destroy you for a generation.
What I think is more deplorable, because it's disingenuous, is the lack of outrage over non-combatant drone kills. This whole thing feels like media spin to justify some terrible action the institution wants. Maybe it's the man spoon feeding info the media and the media reporting on it like this unwittingly, but it still smells funny. Could it be they want us more worried about the (relatively) small number of kids in Pakistan instead of the unemployment rate or something more important to us locally?
Unread
  (#103)
Eddie would go ...

December 17, 2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:

93% from Germany, France, and Italy. Not sure most would refer to that as diverse in my book.

Statistical information about Switzerland
I picked random countries off the top of my head to illustrate the absurdity of drawing the correlation. That you choose to see that as selective is your prerogative.

You are misinterpreting statistics about language distribution in Switzerland as immigration information. The fact that the table lists Romansh is a dead give away (Romansh is a language spoken only in Switzerland - it's not a country of origin). An understandable mistake since the Swiss labeled it as Ethnic Division but a mistake nonetheless.

A better source would be Swiss Statistics - Population with a migration background in which you can see that about 35% of the Swiss have a migration background (as of 2013).

Things you learned today.

Go visit, it's really a beautiful country.

Quote:
Unread
  (#104)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

December 18, 2014, 04:49 AM

At some point you would think Feinstein would finally piss off the wrong group of people...
Unread
  (#105)
Meh

December 18, 2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I picked random countries off the top of my head to illustrate the absurdity of drawing the correlation. That you choose to see that as selective is your prerogative.

You are misinterpreting statistics about language distribution in Switzerland as immigration information.

A better source would be Swiss Statistics - Population with a migration background in which you can see that about 35% of the Swiss have a migration background (as of 2013).

Things you learned today.

Go visit, it's really a beautiful country.
The link and data specifically indicates Ethnic make up. You are looking at the language portion of the page, but just prior, they have information regarding the ethnic make up.

1. Ethnic divisions:

Total population:

German 65% French 18% Italian 10% Romansh 1% Other 6%
Swiss Nationals only:

German 74% French 20% Italian 4% Romansh 1% Other 1%

If you delve into their statistics (from your link), the composition of the foreign resident population is overwhelming European and largely comprised of Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Serbia/Montenegro.

Of the close to 2 million foreign residents, better than 1.6 million are from Europe. About 80 thousand from Africa, 80 thousand from America, and 120 thousand from Asia.

Again...like I said, not supremely diverse outside of Europe.

Thank you for the link. Better statistics.