DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 523
0 members and 523 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Civilians and chics with...
Unread
  (#1)
Meh

Civilians and chics with... - June 25, 2016, 06:13 PM

The military is far from perfect, I am just not sure how either of these help.

Nothing like introducing a group of people that kill themselves at alarming rates into another group of folks that are already killing themselves as a result of poor health and mental care

Obama's Pentagon to Repeal Ban on Transgender Military Service July 1 - Breitbart

Civilians taking over key positions...?
Highly Criticized Obama Administration Plan Wants To “Fast-Track” Civilians Into High Ranking Military Positions | American Military News
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 25, 2016, 07:25 PM

The people who wrote that have obviously never been in todays military. Wiping out the current culture of the O ranks is sorely needed.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

June 26, 2016, 08:21 AM

Pleases explain why you think it makes sense to appoint civilians in place of officers in very specific military positions?
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

June 26, 2016, 09:11 AM

The article actually says, "lateral entry would have little to no effect on military roles with no civilian counter part, such as infantry or combat aviation roles."

Carter also says "current rank-n-file cannot meet the demands of the country’s military cyber warfare and space programs." I see evidence of that first hand more than I'd like.

I have a lot of respect for the people in uniform, but just because you're an "outsider" doesn't mean you can't blend in with the military fabric by being a good leader and respecting everyone's role regardless of whether they wear a uniform or not.

That said, a lot of these technical roles don't often have people with good leadership skills. The nerd-napoleon complex can follow people even into leadership positions. Selecting sharp people who can actually communicate properly with their coworkers is not very easy.
Unread
  (#5)
opossum puncher

June 26, 2016, 09:44 AM

Ive worked with/at both civilian (GSA, CBP, DHS) and military agencies (Navy SpaWar, AF, and Army PEO EIS), and I prefer military, I like the "plan A went to shit" "ok, how do we fix it" "with this solution" "ok, go implement now." approach, no dilly dally, no year of wasted time. However I think a little shake up of civilians, and the fact that it will only attract certain people to work these possessions, many of which are already supporting the military from civilian rolls is a good thing. Joe the plumber is not going to take over as the Army CISO.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!

Last edited by zx6rfool; June 26, 2016 at 09:47 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#6)
Meh

June 26, 2016, 09:47 AM

It is often cited that certain people are not permitted to make comment on certain things because they may not be the right race, gender, orientation, etc. The idea is that they aren't a part of the "culture" so they are not allowed to make comment on some of these items because that would be cultural appropriation of sorts.

The military clearly has a "culture" of sorts as well as a chain of command. Much of these shared experiences are what build upon this cultural and create some of the comradery.

If they military is having shortfalls in personnel that they need to fill, perhaps they shouldn't be running people out of the force lock, stock, and barrel.
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

June 26, 2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Pleases explain why you think it makes sense to appoint civilians in place of officers in very specific military positions?
When no trained officer for that specific role exists.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Groping is a skill...

June 26, 2016, 07:44 PM

You tricked me with the title... I was expecting this...

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Meh

June 27, 2016, 06:31 AM

Unread
  (#10)
Meh

July 15, 2016, 11:25 AM

In a military that is already underfunded, nothing like seeing tax dollars spent on this.

Must be a nice reminder for the guys and gals that have had to undergo surgery to remove body parts that were blown off in war to see people actively undergoing surgery to remove functional body parts.

Pentagon issues sex change manual, allows extended time off for process - Washington Times
Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

July 15, 2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
The article actually says, "lateral entry would have little to no effect on military roles with no civilian counter part, such as infantry or combat aviation roles."

Carter also says "current rank-n-file cannot meet the demands of the country’s military cyber warfare and space programs." I see evidence of that first hand more than I'd like.

I have a lot of respect for the people in uniform, but just because you're an "outsider" doesn't mean you can't blend in with the military fabric by being a good leader and respecting everyone's role regardless of whether they wear a uniform or not.

That said, a lot of these technical roles don't often have people with good leadership skills. The nerd-napoleon complex can follow people even into leadership positions. Selecting sharp people who can actually communicate properly with their coworkers is not very easy.
1.) There's already a way to get lateral entry for technical and non combat people into the military. DoD civilians are everywhere within these roles

2) the military specialties are not creating enough vacancies for the military people we HAVE that want to go into these roles

3). you're giving these 'lateral transfers' command authority. Which shouldn't be given to someone who hasn't risen up the ranks, because it comes with a lot more responsibility, particularly when the S hits the F, that they aren't equipped to deal with.

If the military needs civilians for a specialty, we have a route for that. We don't need to give them lawful command authority and rank as well.

it's a silly fucking idea

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#12)
Meh

October 3, 2016, 04:16 PM

8.4 million...that's chump change.

I guess there is nobody in the military that could use those resources.

Military could spend up to $8.4M annually on gender reassignment treatments
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

October 3, 2016, 04:30 PM

^^^

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#14)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 3, 2016, 07:49 PM

"Hey guys, great idea... let's bring people with mental dysfunctions into the military (while we're kicking people out for other dysfunctions), then spend millions to "correct" the dysfunction. Bonus: let's pick the highest suicide demographic , then add the pressures of combat to them!"

I can't wait to get the fuck out

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

October 3, 2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
"Hey guys, great idea... let's bring people with mental dysfunctions into the military (while we're kicking people out for other dysfunctions), then spend millions to "correct" the dysfunction. Bonus: let's pick the highest suicide demographic , then add the pressures of combat to them!"

I can't wait to get the fuck out
You rang!