DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 608
0 members and 608 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Clarifications on dropping bombs
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

Clarifications on dropping bombs - November 12, 2010, 11:22 AM

I was reading something about the American delegation being sent to Japan on the anniversary of the atom bomb, back in August. The center point of the controversy was "Should the USA apologize to Japan for dropping the atom bomb?".

Really it's a core question of how far is too far in retaliatory response.

I understand only being witness to an atom bomb can come off as cruel and unusual if you never see the beginning of the conflict or not understanding the collateral damage caused.

/end allegory have a nice day

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 12, 2010, 11:23 AM

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#3)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 12, 2010, 11:24 AM

fuck no

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 12, 2010, 11:29 AM

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#5)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 12, 2010, 11:30 AM

love that quote.......

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

November 12, 2010, 11:32 AM

No. Fuck no.

(1) We did not start the war. We did not strike first. We were trying to negotiate in good faith, meanwhile they were using these diplomatic talks merely as a stall tactic so they could launch a surprise attack while we were lulled into a state of false confidence.

(2) Dropping the A-Bomb killed tens of thousands, however, it ended the war with immediate effect which as a natural conclusions, saved hundreds of thousands of lives on both sides.

The only thing America needed to apologize for was the Japanese Internment camps. America had no right to gather up nearly all Japanese-American citizens and force them to be quarantined in the middle of the desert, warehousing them until the war was over. They lost homes, businesses, and time all because of their ethnicity.

I know at a much later date they were compensated, but I do not believe that compensation was anything approaching fair and equitable.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

November 12, 2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
No. Fuck no.

(1) We did not start the war. We did not strike first. We were trying to negotiate in good faith, meanwhile they were using these diplomatic talks merely as a stall tactic so they could launch a surprise attack while we were lulled into a state of false confidence.

(2) Dropping the A-Bomb killed tens of thousands, however, it ended the war with immediate effect which as a natural conclusions, saved hundreds of thousands of lives on both sides.

The only thing America needed to apologize for was the Japanese Internment camps. America had no right to gather up nearly all Japanese-American citizens and force them to be quarantined in the middle of the desert, warehousing them until the war was over. They lost homes, businesses, and time all because of their ethnicity.

I know at a much later date they were compensated, but I do not believe that compensation was anything approaching fair and equitable.
This

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

November 12, 2010, 11:39 AM

Nuclear weaponry topic.

You know who'd really be qualified to speak on this and give us some good data points on the effects and after effects... why it should or shouldn't be used.

Yeah, but he's not here anymore.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 12, 2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Nuclear weaponry topic.

You know who'd really be qualified to speak on this and give us some good data points on the effects and after effects... why it should or shouldn't be used.

Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

November 12, 2010, 11:44 AM

I drop the F bomb a lot.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
The last urrbendah

November 12, 2010, 11:45 AM

No, ask the Marines who lived the island hopping campaign if we should apologize.

The Allied casualty figures from the planned invasion were staggering. That response was completely justified given the fact that they struck first and were determined to fight to the death.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#12)
B
It goes to 11.

November 12, 2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Nuclear weaponry topic.

I can see the allegory has been lost on you. Call me the destroyer of worlds.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#13)
Owner & Creator

November 12, 2010, 11:47 AM

Hiroshima, 64 years ago - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Unread
  (#14)
AKA Smoke

November 12, 2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
No. Fuck no.

This.

www.MohawkRyderz.com
http://www.facebook.com/MohawkRyderz
http://www.facebook.com/MohawkRyderzSmoke
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mohaw...788371?fref=ts
https://www.instagram.com/mohawkryderz
NESBA/N2: A
TPM: Blue

GSX-R 750 12' Yellow/Black
GSX-R 750 11' White RaceBike
R1 09'
Kawi 250 10'