DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
0 members and 540 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   Clone:Chinese electric Mustang F16 is not what you’re expecting (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/clone-chinese-electric-mustang-f16-not-what-you%92re-expecting-78310/)

vonstallin December 13, 2012 09:08 AM

Clone:Chinese electric Mustang F16 is not what you’re expecting

This Chinese electric Mustang F16 is not what you

This Chinese electric Mustang F16 is not what you’re expecting

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jt...jpg_011200.jpg

his is Yema Auto's new electric car, the Mustang F16 and clearly, it's not a Mustang as you think of it. It's an Audi. No, wait, it's not an Audi. What is this thing?

Underneath the A4-ripoff body you'll find the skeleton of an Austin Maestro (a compact hatchback made in the 80s and 90s). The interior apes Subaru Legacy because Yema Auto makes clones of the Subaru Forester.

If you happen to care about the specs of this Mustang F16, it supposedly has an 80 horsepower electric motor with a top speed of 68 mph and a range of 162 miles.

Makes the V-6 Mustang suddenly seem quite macho, doesn't it?

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xP...jpg_011200.jpg

{SALVA} December 13, 2012 09:12 AM

can't wait for the F22 version to come out

Heist December 13, 2012 09:18 AM

...and when it gets hit it crumples around the occupants like an aluminum soda can.
Chinese cars see crash worthiness and occupant safety as an afterthought.

OrangeShirtDude December 13, 2012 09:30 AM

China and most of what is produced there is a Potemkin Village writ large.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wzmKhrcmY5...0/LagoHell.jpg

http://davidshepherdsalvage.files.wo...100_0024_2.jpg

CBontheMV December 13, 2012 10:19 PM

Fuck them. An entire culture that's built around stealing ideas from everyone else.

turkishexpress December 13, 2012 11:45 PM

Meh, it'll catch up to them. It already is.

morsetaper2 December 14, 2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBontheMV (Post 1308925)
Fuck them. An entire culture that's built around stealing ideas from everyone else.

And moron US consumers buy it in droves. See the torque wrench thread from this past weekend.

drt_Jumper December 14, 2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morsetaper2 (Post 1309025)
And moron US consumers buy it in droves. See the torque wrench thread from this past weekend.

Well considering alot of craftsman tools are made in china now as well that is a weak argument about the torque wrench. Not everyone can afford Snap On, Matco etc.

morsetaper2 December 14, 2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drt_Jumper (Post 1309044)
Well considering alot of craftsman tools are made in china now as well that is a weak argument about the torque wrench. Not everyone can afford Snap On, Matco etc.

You can afford Snap-on, MAC, Matco & etc!

Buy them on ebay & at many tool flea markets that are around this area at any given time of the year. Tool trucks will also sell used tech/mechanic grade tools they've had to reposses to reconcile their accounts.

There is no excuse for anyone to have to buy shitty chinese tools that don't hold up. Example.... There is a guy in Frederick who sells used Snap-on, Mac, Matco, Proto, Blackhawk, & etc at very affordable prices, 1/3 to 1/2 the price of new list.

The biggest hint.... Get on your motorcycle and ride to car, tractor, & steam shoes up by Baltimore, Frederick, & southern PA. High quality tools for pennies on the dollar out the wazzoo in the flea markets there.

If you don't go to tractor shows, you should.

Then the Bonus! Your purchase will hold its value, and you can resell at a later time if you have to and get your $$ back as long as you maintained & did not destroy your purchase.

Try selling you harbor fright shit tools trash for what you paid for it. You'll be lucky to get 20% back on the dollars you spent.

BTW.... Craftsman tools after about 1995/2000-ish are generally garbage. Older Craftsman is very good quality. New stuff... highly questionable.

KirkRoy December 15, 2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morsetaper2 (Post 1309326)
There is a guy in Frederick who sells used Snap-on, Mac, Matco, Proto, Blackhawk, & etc at very affordable prices, 1/3 to 1/2 the price of new list.

Contact info? Location?

Heist December 15, 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morsetaper2 (Post 1309326)
You can afford Snap-on, MAC, Matco & etc!

Buy them on ebay & at many tool flea markets that are around this area at any given time of the year. .

I would be cautious about buying tools on Ebay and some flea / open air markets (particularly the ones that seem to cater to Central Americans & Immigrants).
There are a slew of Chinese counterfeits in those channels.

Off topic, but the same caution applies Golf clubs. Callaway and Taylormade being the most counterfeited brands.

morsetaper2 December 15, 2012 10:45 AM

Yea, ebay is always risky. But analyzing feedback and knowing what to pay makes it actually not very risky. I actually bought some testing equipment for my work on ebay.

Flea markets are a gamble as well. But mechanics tools are pretty easy to tell if somethings wrong. I would be very leary of buying anything electric if I couldn't test it at a flea market. You've got no recourse back to the seller.

I bought a Milwaukee Sawzall on ebay. It was ugly, beat to hell, but I needed one and I put a corresponding low bid at it and it arrived just like it looked. Still works fine years later.

2nd weekend in March there is a good one in Damascus. 2013 date is not posted yet however, here is March 2012 listing...

Potomac Antique Tools and Industries Association, Inc. (PATINA)

There is a huge tool flea market going on on in April in York PA at Cabin Fever Expo. Mostly metalworking/machinist stuff. But tools of all different kinds...

Cabin Fever Expo

And in Lorton in the Fall there is a smaller machinists tool flea market...

CAMS Review of 2012 Yard Sale and Picnic

morsetaper2 December 15, 2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkRoy (Post 1309355)
Contact info? Location?

Had to dig for the info but found his card...

Mark Stewart
301-898-1705
Frederick, MD

Been a bunch of years since I bought anything from him. But I just talked to him. He's still doing it but less than he used to. Says he is decently stocked w/ metric mechanics tools.

Rail December 15, 2012 06:45 PM

Everything about this car is lulz

vonstallin December 17, 2012 09:15 AM

Just brought a Chinbo...Chinese Knock off Brembo....
so far...garbage.

I just got it to check it out...$28 shipped.

I have allot of the Chinese knock offs that I test out. I have a friend who is ex Chinese racer and owner of a motorcycle shop and manufacture in China. He sends me allot of free shit to test out. Most times I just pay for shipping.