DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 281
2 members and 279 guests
Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
comcast is faster than ever
Unread
  (#1)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

comcast is faster than ever - February 22, 2010, 11:26 PM

jeebus, i cant believe how much bandwidth they opened up in fear of fios...

last month it was capped at 2Mb/s, maybe next month i'll be at 4Mb/s

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ling Long

February 23, 2010, 04:30 AM

Except that's roughly 3 MBps... which is roughly 24 Mbps...

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#3)
I hate Hybrid drivers

February 23, 2010, 09:18 AM

i still think comcast sucks. They could turn water into gold and i would still hate them... but i keep paying them every month
Unread
  (#4)
TPG og

February 23, 2010, 09:20 AM

Dayum whens Fios coming here. Only getting 160kb/sec downloads with the most basic package.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#5)
Can't Find the Ditch

February 23, 2010, 09:22 AM

Comcast can suck it, I got Fios. Fast as hell.

06 Honda F4I #36-Bought it back!
First Track Day 9/1/09
MARCC Supporter
TPM
Roger Lyle #36

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.
Unread
  (#6)
Addicted to Cajen food...

February 23, 2010, 09:22 AM

My FioS is still better...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

February 23, 2010, 09:36 AM

I have fios, I really don't care how fast comcast gets, I will NEVER go back to them!

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#8)
Ling Long

February 23, 2010, 09:51 AM

BTW: Comcast got bought out and will soon be rebranded as Xfinity and run Fiber Optics.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#9)
TPG og

February 23, 2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt View Post
BTW: Comcast got bought out and will soon be rebranded as Xfinity and run Fiber Optics.

Really?? Faster?? Much faster?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#10)
Ling Long

February 23, 2010, 10:18 AM

According to their new website, speeds up to 100mbps.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#11)
Its me bytches..

February 23, 2010, 10:32 AM

When I lived here from 1999-2005 I thought the Comcast was the worst ripoff ever. Having experienced Optimum Online/Cablevision in NJ/NYC for 5 years and then moving back to this area. Comcast is without a doubt the best deal for me.

For $114 a month, with no contract to sign:
All Premium movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Movie Channel, Encore, Stars)
HD-DVR box
20mbs down/5mbs up Cable internet

The same package from Verizion is over $150 now. You must sign a 1 or 2 year contract. And if you void that contract you pay a $200 early termination fee. Exactly where is that better?

As if the Comcast deal couldnt get any better. I recently bought a plasma for the bedroom and needed a 2nd box. Comcast gave me a 2nd HD-DVR box, at no cost for the next 12 months. So that $114 a month now includes ALL movie channels, 2 (TWO) HD-DVR boxes, and 20/5 internet.. all without signing a contract.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Daekwan Send a message via AIM to Daekwan  
Unread
  (#12)
Ling Long

February 23, 2010, 10:34 AM

I will say that DirectTV and Verizon have MUCH better menu's and more HD programming at this point.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#13)
Its me bytches..

February 23, 2010, 10:39 AM

Im not so sure Comcast got 'bought out'. Where did you get that information from? They are one of the largest telecommunication companies in the US?

What they are advertising is their Xfinity service. (
What is XFINITY?

The Comcast XFINITY upgrade is more of everything you want. More choice. More control. More speed. And more HD than ever before.

http://www.xfinity.com/home/

Which has promised fiber optic technology and speeds up to 100mbs. Optimum Online/Cablevision has had this service for 2 years now.. same deal as Comcast. Cable company with a fiber backbone. Their 100mbs service is $99 a month.

http://www.optimum.com/online/ultra.jsp

With Optimum Online Ultra, you will enjoy speeds up to 101 Mbps downstream and up to 15 Mbps upstream!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Daekwan Send a message via AIM to Daekwan  
Unread
  (#14)
Ling Long

February 23, 2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post
Im not so sure Comcast got 'bought out'. Where did you get that information from? They are one of the largest telecommunication companies in the US?

What they are advertising is their Xfinity service. (
What is XFINITY?

The Comcast XFINITY upgrade is more of everything you want. More choice. More control. More speed. And more HD than ever before.

http://www.xfinity.com/home/

Which has promised fiber optic technology and speeds up to 100mbs. Optimum Online/Cablevision has had this service for 2 years now.. same deal as Comcast. Cable company with a fiber backbone. Their 100mbs service is $99 a month.

http://www.optimum.com/online/ultra.jsp

With Optimum Online Ultra, you will enjoy speeds up to 101 Mbps downstream and up to 15 Mbps upstream!
Bought I guess isn't the right term. They did a merger with NBC. Talking with the Xfinity rep yesterday, it's more than just a fiber backbone. They will be doing full fiber services and changing out their entire telephone, internet and television infrastructures to go with it.

You can sign up now for a premium price, but all Comcast will be converted over to Xfinity in due time.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#15)
Its me bytches..

February 23, 2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt View Post
I will say that DirectTV and Verizon have MUCH better menu's and more HD programming at this point.
I've used DirectTV, Fios and Comcast. And thats about subjective as saying Macs have much better menu's that PC's. Its purely user perference.

Also the menus & the speed of navigating those menu's depends on the actual box you use. Not the service provider. I have two different HD-DVR boxes from Comcast. One is the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD, which has been highly touted since 2005. I've used it since then and strongly believe it is the best HD-DVR box made so far.. because of its speed & stability. The other is a Cisco box that is slower navigate, reboots itself every couple of days and even crashes when fast forwarding or rewinding recorded tv. Unfortunately com

As far as HD programming.. Comcast is lacking in that area. But lacking means they still offer about 70 channels in HD. Including all of the main channels. Is it really worth paying an extra $40 a month and signing a 2 year contract to have 40 more channels of HD.. 40 more channels that is pretty much all programing that I already recieved in SD.. 40 more channels thats things like Golf Channel HD, Comedy Channel HD, A&E Channel HD. Channels that are marked HD, but dont even broadcast half of their programming in HD (Like Speed channel.. they are famous for showing non-HD on their HD channel).

No.

Last edited by Daekwan; February 23, 2010 at 10:52 AM..