DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 568
3 members and 565 guests
fxc3700, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Comic book stash found worth 1 Million
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Comic book stash found worth 1 Million - November 4, 2009, 10:24 AM

Check out CNN.com videos. Stash found in basement of house purchased for $65,000.

Wonder how much my collection is worth?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG - screw face

November 4, 2009, 11:25 AM

man i wonder the same thing about my 20+ year old mint condition baseball cards I would give anything to unload those for even a fraction of their worth. I got a shitton.

hell I got the mint condition Atlanta Braves team set when Dion Sanders used to play...and the Cincinnatti Reds mint condition team set when Kirby Puckett was still alive.
Unread
  (#3)
SIN MC Event Coord

November 4, 2009, 11:28 AM

Luckily my parents are holding all my collections for me. I have probably more than 10k comics, including death of superman, batman's back broken, and more.

Then i know the baseball collection is crazy.

I'm still holding out to make it big one day, maybe when i'm strapped for cash. They are all protected (bags, backer boards, and boxes). so they are in good condition.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to buckshot  
Unread
  (#4)
I got a need for Speed!_!

November 4, 2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
man i wonder the same thing about my 20+ year old mint condition baseball cards I would give anything to unload those for even a fraction of their worth. I got a shitton.

hell I got the mint condition Atlanta Braves team set when Dion Sanders used to play...and the Cincinnatti Reds mint condition team set when Kirby Puckett was still alive.
Probably not even 25% of what you paid. Most of the sports cards printed between 85-95 or so were extremely high print runs. You look on ebay and the only thing people are really willing to pay money for now is memorbilla cards (autographs, jersey patches, #'d rookies etc), regular cards and sets typically go for under $10. I remember spending $55 on a box of 1991 Upper Deck football and then 7 years latter I bought a case of 20 boxes for $150, I ended up reselling them. Same is true with comics, you buy for $3 and then its only worth $.50 a couple years later. Sure Beckett or Wizard says its worth $5, but nobody is buying and it's hard to sell small $$ items and not worth the time/effort.
Those 100 issues of Turok #1 I bought back in 1994 or whatever for $150, yeah that was a smart investment.

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#5)
Banned

November 4, 2009, 04:25 PM

I used to play magic cards and I'm currently going through em to get a few bucks. Sent a 16 year old set of cards away yesterday to make me about $800. Going through all my other complete sets in the next few weeks, should bring in another $5-600.