DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
2 members and 537 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Compilation
Unread
  (#1)
Ling Long

Compilation - April 12, 2007, 02:50 PM

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

April 12, 2007, 03:47 PM

Yao, you got to check your sources. Im not saying that the spiders aren't spiders, but those wound pics are not because of spider bits. Hell the last one has some photoshop touchup work.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#3)
Groundhogs can play dead

April 12, 2007, 03:59 PM

Yao, why are you being mean to Ben again?

Ham, that first snopes article was great. I'm glad I read it. I love the "note the closeness of the sleeve in the picture." The camel spiders don't get THAT big.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 12, 2007, 04:05 PM

Fake or not, you do not...I repeat...you do NOT want to get bit by a brown recluse spider. There was a girl that lived in the my apartment complex when I lived in the Woodway Apartments in Centreville a few years back. One of them bit her and F*CKED HER SH*T UP! She peeled back a little corner of her bandage and that was enough for me.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Groundhogs can play dead

April 12, 2007, 04:07 PM

Woodway apts. in Centreville?!

are those over by the Meadows?!

Tanya
Unread
  (#6)

April 12, 2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Woodway apts. in Centreville?!

are those over by the Meadows?!

HAHAHA! Right around the corner. You dont have to worry though. They would have to cross 29 to get to you and I hear they are horrible in traffic

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Unread
  (#7)
Groundhogs can play dead

April 12, 2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal
HAHAHA! Right around the corner. You dont have to worry though. They would have to cross 29 to get to you and I hear they are horrible in traffic
That was pretty funny! they're horrible in traffic?!
My friend Heath used to live over in the Ghettos, I mean Meadows.

Tanya
Unread
  (#8)
Like a clown car on fire

April 12, 2007, 04:32 PM

I still think these suckers are scarier, non-venomous or not...

Tailess whip scorpion: It's an unholy cross of spider, scorpion and praying mantis. can grow up to 7.5 inches large. if I ever saw one of these things in my house, I'd move.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

April 12, 2007, 04:36 PM

that scorpion thing looks dope.

i dont care
Unread
  (#10)
Ling Long

April 12, 2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfam95
Yao, you got to check your sources. Im not saying that the spiders aren't spiders, but those wound pics are not because of spider bits. Hell the last one has some photoshop touchup work.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp
I'm going to go ahead and dispute snopes:

Quote:
The order Solifugae is a group of arachnids, containing around 900 species. The name derives from Latin, and means those that flee from the sun. The order is also known by the names Solpugida, Solpugides, Solpugae, Galeodea and Mycetophorae. Their common names include camel spider, wind scorpion, and sun spider. Solifugae are not true spiders (which are from a different order, Araneae). Like scorpions and harvestmen, they belong to a distinct arachnid order.
Most Solifugae live in tropical or semitropical regions where they inhabit warm and arid habitats, but some species have been known to live in grassland or forest habitats. The most distinctive feature of Solifugae is their large chelicerae. Each of the two chelicerae are composed of two articles forming a powerful pincer; each article bears a variable number of teeth. Males in all families but Eremobatidae possess a flagellum on the basal article of the chelicera. Solifugae also have long pedipalps, which function as sense organs similar to insects' antennae and give the appearance of the two extra legs. Pedipalps terminate in eversible adhesive organs.
Solifugae are carnivorous or omnivorous, with most species feeding on termites, darkling beetles, and other small arthropods; however, solifugae have been videotaped consuming larger prey such as lizards [1]. Prey is located with the pedipalps and killed and cut into pieces by the chelicerae. The prey is then liquefied and the liquid ingested through the pharynx.
Reproduction can involve direct or indirect sperm transfer; when indirect, the male emits a spermatophore on the ground and then inserts it with his chelicerae in the female's genital pore.
As indicated by their name, Solifugae are mostly nocturnal, and seek shade during the day. It was this behaviour which led coalition soldiers in the 2003 invasion of Iraq to think these arachnids were attacking them. In reality, they were merely moving toward the newly available shade provided by the soldiers' presence. The absence of shade sends them away.

There are published studies of one species, Rhagodes nigrocinctus, carried out in Iraq in 1978 by a pair of researchers who did histological preparations of the chelicerae, and found what they believed to be epidermal glands (Aruchami & Sandara Rajulu 1978 ). Extracts from these glands were then injected into lizards, where it induced paralysis in 7 of 10 tests. While researchers have been unable to locate similar glands in other species, this particular species does appear to possess venom. Accordingly, we must acknowledge the that some Solifugae are venomous.
The Camel Spider found in Iraq is, infact, venemous with a neuro-toxin.

It also grows to roughly the size of the ones you see in the picture with the soldiers as proven in this LIFE SIZED 1:1 scale photograph.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#11)
Groundhogs can play dead

April 12, 2007, 05:11 PM

Ok, Matt. Even that picture on the bottom shows the bugger to be about 6 to 7 inches accross (maybe 10 diagonally). Still not as big as they're portrayed. 7 out of 10 lizards to me doesn't prove venom as powerful as that of other spiders.

I'm not generally bugged by spiders, but these things are pretty ugly and intimidating.

Tanya
Unread
  (#12)
B
It goes to 11.

April 12, 2007, 05:12 PM

sahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#13)
Ling Long

April 12, 2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Ok, Matt. Even that picture on the bottom shows the bugger to be about 6 to 7 inches accross (maybe 10 diagonally). Still not as big as they're portrayed. 7 out of 10 lizards to me doesn't prove venom as powerful as that of other spiders.

I'm not generally bugged by spiders, but these things are pretty ugly and intimidating.
That's paralysis, not the numbing effect that they're depicted as having.

Either way, in the desert we're briefed to watch out for them.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#14)
Groundhogs can play dead

April 12, 2007, 05:21 PM

yeah, either way, they're ugly bastards.

Tanya
Unread
  (#15)

April 12, 2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwack
I still think these suckers are scarier, non-venomous or not...

Tailess whip scorpion: It's an unholy cross of spider, scorpion and praying mantis. can grow up to 7.5 inches large. if I ever saw one of these things in my house, I'd move.

F*ckin move is right! I dont think I would even take the time to pack!