DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 866
3 members and 863 guests
nootherids, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Congrats Hokies
Unread
  (#1)
Track Ho

Congrats Hokies - October 5, 2009, 09:58 AM

Top 5 baby

Florida will fall to LSU

LSU will fall to Alabama

VT plays Alabama or Texas for the national championship I am calling it now lol

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I got nothing for now

October 5, 2009, 05:09 PM

While I would love to see the hokies in the national championship, they need to beat teams more convincingly if they hope to make it.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

October 5, 2009, 06:25 PM

I hope Alabama and VT go to the National Championship...we already know the outcome.

Alabama will come back in the 4th quarter with a huge running game with Ingram and VT will be unable to stop him once again.

Congrats though on getting to the top 5. Alabama is still at #3...hoping to move to #2 next weekend.

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

October 5, 2009, 06:55 PM

again this is why the top 25 is flawed... boise state who remains undefeated and beat davis 34-16 drops and va tech a 1 loss team jumps up by just beating duke whos arguably the worst team in the acc... it just doesnt make sense...

and va tech prolly will lose to someone they shouldnt so dont hold on to hopes of a national championship game.... although i would love to see them win out so they could play texas and WE all know how that would end up....

hook em horns

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#5)
AMA Superbike Champ

October 5, 2009, 07:30 PM

Go Hokies!!!

2008 Ninja 250r
2006 GSXR-600
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to tiblot  
Unread
  (#6)
SIN MC Event Coord

October 5, 2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNx1000 View Post
again this is why the top 25 is flawed... boise state who remains undefeated and beat davis 34-16 drops and va tech a 1 loss team jumps up by just beating duke whos arguably the worst team in the acc... it just doesnt make sense...

and va tech prolly will lose to someone they shouldnt so dont hold on to hopes of a national championship game.... although i would love to see them win out so they could play texas and WE all know how that would end up....

hook em horns
though I believe it is flawed in some ways. The 5-0 as a number is the only real debate, seeing as how VT has multiple wins against ranked schools, and only a lose to probably the #1 school, I think 5-0 against unnamed weak schools (only Oregon is worth mentioning, and we all know the Pac-10 is barely a BCS worthy division) does not even come close to that 4-1 record.

also a close game with duke is better than a lackluster game against Davis. i didn't even know they had a football team.

anyway, glad we are getting back up. Just wish the consistancy was there. I think for duke they got overconfident, which seems to be one of the few consistant things we are doing. oh well, if we have a couple big games coming up, and if we can win out, I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

Those top SEC teams will beat each other up a little bit, and hopefully by Jan, we will have everything battened down for a good nat champ game.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to buckshot