DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Cop Dies In 3-Way Sex Tryst With Mistress. His Doctor Is Found Civilly Liable?!
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Cop Dies In 3-Way Sex Tryst With Mistress. His Doctor Is Found Civilly Liable?! - June 11, 2012, 10:24 AM

I give up. The American Legal system, especially on the Civil side, is in dire need of a complete and utter overhaul.

Chalk one up for the lawyers!
Cop dies during 3-way sex; widow wins $3M lawsuit

Viral Player

A jury has awarded a Georgia woman $3 million over her husband's heart attack, finding that his doctor should have warned the Atlanta cop against strenuous activity like the three-way sex he was having at the time he died, WXIA-TV reports.
William Martinez, a 31-year-old Atlanta police officer, collapsed and died while he and a male friend were having sex with a woman who was not his wife at an Atlanta airport motel in 2009.

The jury on Friday found that Dr. Sreenivasulu Gangasani and the Cardiovascular Group were 60% to blame for Martinez's death from atheroschlerotic coronary artery disease, agreeing with the plaintiff that the doctor did not properly diagnose and treat Martinez for high blood pressure, chest pains, shortness of breath and irregular heartbeat.
They also charged that Gangasani did not warn Martinez to avoid strenuous physical activity until more tests could be done.

"The type of sex that he was engaged in is the type that's totally unacceptable to our community," said Martinez family attorney Rod Edmond on Friday. "But the fact of the matter is this man could have died running on the treadmill, running after a criminal."
Last week, a Gwinnett County jury agreed, finding Gangasani "negligent." But their verdict form also found William Martinez 40% responsible for his own death.
That shared responsibility reduced the award to his widow from $5 million to $3 million,

WXIA-TV reports.
Gangasani's attorney says the doctor intends to appeal the verdict.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; June 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
"Asshat" -- Hollywood

June 11, 2012, 10:33 AM

We have educated ourselves into imbecility.

Email me about tire changes at 1ktmorange@gmail.com.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 11, 2012, 10:38 AM

But she won. So the decision MUST be the right one.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#4)
"Asshat" -- Hollywood

June 11, 2012, 10:39 AM

She won, and WE pay. We are the ones who pay for malpractice insurance premiums, and those premiums are high because of nonsense like this.

Email me about tire changes at 1ktmorange@gmail.com.
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 11, 2012, 10:39 AM

Now that he's dead, his wife can forgive him for cheating on her...if not, that 3Mil certainly will help.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 11, 2012, 10:40 AM

gotdamn, the man went out like a boss lol
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

June 11, 2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
We have educated ourselves into imbecility.
I shall sue you for insinuating that I am also an imbecile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
But she won. So the decision MUST be the right one.
I shall sue you for publicly criticizing the legal system in a manner that offended me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellraiserinDC View Post
Now that he's dead, his wife can forgive him for cheating on her...if not, that 3Mil certainly will help.
I shall sue you for ignorantly assuming that the money will help. She will certainly need more than that. Like some moral support from her own boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjor13 View Post
I shall sue you for improper grammar.

You bishes better start saving up now! I be taking it all!
Unread
  (#8)
Site Owner

June 11, 2012, 10:58 AM

Eh, its not that he was having 3 way sex.. Its that he was misdiagnosed (or not diagnosed at all). If he had died on a treadmill at 31 it wouldn't have been on the front page news, but the wife probably still would have sued and won.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

June 11, 2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Eh, its not that he was having 3 way sex.. Its that he was misdiagnosed (or not diagnosed at all). If he had died on a treadmill at 31 it wouldn't have been on the front page news, but the wife probably still would have sued and won.

I get that part, but whatever happened to the legal concept of "Clean Hands?"
In other words, you cannot come to court to seek relief if your actions were illegal, in breach, or fraudulent in nature.

Tort reform would eliminate so many of these baseless, frivilous, and often idiotic lawsuits.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

June 11, 2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I get that part, but whatever happened to the legal concept of "Clean Hands?"
In other words, you cannot come to court to seek relief if your actions were illegal, in breach, or fraudulent in nature.

Tort reform would eliminate so many of these baseless, frivilous, and often idiotic lawsuits.
I don't automatically deny the law suit just because of the act he was involved in. But I do deny the FIVE MILLION DOLLAR price tag and the percent responsibility bs. This type of thing is a 500k-1m lawsuit at best.
Unread
  (#11)
7 yrs till Brood X emerge

June 11, 2012, 11:14 AM

Well I think it goes much further than that. What ever happened to personal responsibility?

Shouldn't you be liable for taking care of yourself? Doesn't say he was overweight/obese, or other details. But if you are seeing a cardiac surgeon and exhibiting extreme cardiac sysmptons, seems like he has nobody to blame but himself. He must have known he had cardiac issues. But hey, lets blame somebody else for my own acts of imprudence.

Not to mention the 3-way... w/ another woman who was not his wife.

Last edited by morsetaper2; June 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM..
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

June 11, 2012, 02:17 PM

Good point! If I ended up in the hospital or dead cause I got some surprise diabetic attack it would be ridiculous of me to try to sue my doctor for millions because he didn't warn me of the possibility ahead of time. After all, I know that I put 4-8 TABLEspoons of sugar in my tea and I eat way too much ice cream and other sweets. I've been told plenty of times that it's unhealthy for me. If the guy was having breathing problems and chest pains then he should've known well enough that he's got a problem and shouldn't push the limits. I think that's way more than the 40% responsibility that they claimed was his. That's more like 80%.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

June 11, 2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherids View Post
I shall sue you for insinuating that I am also an imbecile.

I shall sue you for publicly criticizing the legal system in a manner that offended me.

I shall sue you for ignorantly assuming that the money will help. She will certainly need more than that. Like some moral support from her own boyfriend.

I shall sue you for improper grammar.

You bishes better start saving up now! I be taking it all!
And I shall sue you for being a squid from florida thus making other riders and myself look bad in the eyes of the public!
Unread
  (#14)
EFI - 07/C2

June 11, 2012, 02:49 PM

Deep pockets. The widow probably couldn't collect from the slut or the other dude involved in the tryst. I also wonder how much life insurance she got...???

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
MSF Student

June 11, 2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjor13 View Post
nah... like a boss would have been FFM

01 Ninja 500 6/2011
06 Ninja 650r